Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 07-20-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No that was Lennie Friedman. Oakley beat out Steve Edwards (and Friedman) as our 8th lineman last year in training camp.
ah lol but i see now. but i still say we will probably carry more DBs for STs then an extra WR.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My projection for the Depth Chart/Roster:

QB: Grossman, Griese, Orton
RB: Benson, Peterson, Wolfe (Hester)
FB: McKie, O. Ayanbadejo
WR: Muhammed, Berrian, Bradley, Davis, Hester, Hass
TE: Olsen, Davis, Gilmore
T: Tait, Miller, St. Clair
LG: R. Brown, Garza, Beekman, Metcalf
C: Kreutz (Garza/Beekman/Metcalf)
DE: Ogunleye, A. Brown, M. Anderson, D. Bazuin (Idonije)
DT: T. Harris, Adams, Dvorack, Idonije, Garay
WL: J. Williams, Okwo, Briggs{Holdout}
ML: Urlacher, B. Ayanbadejo
SL: Hillenmeyer, R. Wilson
CB: Tillman, Vasher, Manning Jr., (D. Manning), Graham
S: M. Brown, Archuleta, D. Manning, Harris, Payne
K: Gould
P: Maynard
LS: Mannaley

Now, by my count that is 53. If Briggs sits out the first 10 games, I don't see him playing a single down with the Bears this season.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smokey you realize your DC is the exact same as mine right? Haha..

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great minds think alike...

Old 07-21-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post

WR: Muhammed, Berrian, Bradley, Davis, Hester, Hass CHANGE TO
CB: Tillman, Vasher, Manning Jr., (D. Manning), Graham, Add MCBRIDE

Now, by my count that is 53. If Briggs sits out the first 10 games, I don't see him playing a single down with the Bears this season.

sorry i dont know how to bold things anymore. But yeah, we drafted McBride and I heard hes looked pretty good and would be a decent STer. So i think we will carry him over Hass.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 07-22-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
sorry i dont know how to bold things anymore. But yeah, we drafted McBride and I heard hes looked pretty good and would be a decent STer. So i think we will carry him over Hass.
Ot could be either or... it isn't like one of them will be the key to us winning the superbowl.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ot could be either or... it isn't like one of them will be the key to us winning the superbowl.
well if he turns into a STs ace.... lol i know im just pointing out that it would probably be more to our benefit to carry an extra DB over a WR.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 07-22-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah keeping another CB is certainly a possibility. I just think that with the option of moving Manning to CB always being present we likely won't carry more than 4.

But yeah..it really comes down to special teams.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

disappointed in your new sig 51.. not only that, but it was made by a packersfan. a gbpackersfan on top of it all.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
disappointed in your new sig 51.. not only that, but it was made by a packersfan. a gbpackersfan on top of it all.
What's wrong with the Gophers? I was unaware they had a rivalry with Illinois.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

WR: Muhammed, Berrian, Bradley, Davis, Hester, Hass
CB: Tillman, Vasher, Manning Jr., (D. Manning), Graham

Is Davis a nickname for Desmond Clark that I am unaware of or have you forgetten him?
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
Is Davis a nickname for Desmond Clark that I am unaware of or have you forgetten him?
obviously a brain fart... of course I meant Clark.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

yeah now that im all hyped up for the season ive now started looking forward to next years draft =3 Our two biggest needs are OT and S i believe.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 08-03-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah now that im all hyped up for the season ive now started looking forward to next years draft =3 Our two biggest needs are OT and S i believe.
I would also look at WR and possibly QB depending on Grossman's play this season. After Moose retires, I dont think that we have a legitimate #1, and if anyone comes close to it, it would be Bradley IMO based on how he has been when he is healthy, and if he continues to Progress. Hester could also be a possibility if he pans out at WR. Like a steve smith. Berrian I would want to stay at #2, or if Bradley surpasses him, #3 would be dec also. Berrian is also in a contract year, so who knows if he gets to play for us next year (I hope he does).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

How in the world could you put Bradley over Berrian. Berrian is already hands-down the best WR on the team. Who cares if he's skinny? The guy is downright incredible sometimes. What we need to do is resign him, and I question why we're giving 5 year contracts to guys like Darwin Walker when we haven't even resigned our own.

But yes, I agree, the top two needs are easily OT and WR assuming Grossman does well enough and resigns. If not then it's QB first and the next two.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Taking a quick look at our roster this time vs. last year, I think that we've improved in talent. Granted that's the case with every team at this point in the year before injuries and age sets in...buuuut still.

Lose: Thomas Jones
Gain: Garrett Wolfe

Ok clearly a loss here.

Lose: Tank Johnson
Gain: Darwin Walker

Talent wise about a draw. Tank is younger but his career in the NFL is probably over so I'll go Darwin.

Lose: Ian Scott
Gain: Anthony Adams

I like Adams' upside over Ian's. He was out of place in San Fran but I think if given the chance he could be a factor.

Lose: Alphonso Boone
Gain: Dusty Dvorack

I actually really liked Boone, and it looks like he's going to start in KC. I'll call this one a draw as well.

Lose: Gabe Reid
Gain: Greg Olsen

Hmmm....tough one.

Lose: Todd Johnson
Gain: Adam Archuleta

Todd is better than people give him credit for, but he's basically a poor man's Archuleta.

Lose: Chris Harris
Gain: Kevin Payne

Harris is more proven so I'll give him the nod, but they appear to be basically the same player.

Lose: Cameron Worrell
Gain: Brandon McGowan

Meh...draw.

Lose: Justin Gage
Gain: Devin Hester

Technically we're losing Devin on defense but he never did anything anyway. He's obviously a much different player than Justin, but we never got anything out of him last year anyway so anything would be an improvement.

Lose: Antonio Garay
Gain: Dan Bazuin

Although they play different positions, Bazuin is essentially taking the 4th DE spot, bumping Idonije to a 3rd down DT, and making Garay the odd man out. I think Bazuin could be one of those rookie IR additions (as could Wolfe) because they are already missing too much camp and neither sounds very ready to contribute this year.

Lost: Anthony Oakley
Gain: Josh Beekman

I don't expect Beekman to play at all this year, but you gotta figure his upside is better than Oakley's.

Lose: Leon Joe (or Rod Wilson)
Gain: Michael Okwo

All can play special teams, but Okwo looks to be the only one with potential to start, and I predict will beat out Jamar Williams next year in replacing Briggs.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How in the world could you put Bradley over Berrian. Berrian is already hands-down the best WR on the team. Who cares if he's skinny? The guy is downright incredible sometimes. What we need to do is resign him, and I question why we're giving 5 year contracts to guys like Darwin Walker when we haven't even resigned our own.

But yes, I agree, the top two needs are easily OT and WR assuming Grossman does well enough and resigns. If not then it's QB first and the next two.
Im not saying right now. But I think Bradley has potential to be the #1. He has the height, speed, and playmaking ability to be it. Maybe a bit like Donald Driver? I love berrian, and I hope that they both pan out well w/o injury this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Lose: Antonio Garay
Gain: Dan Bazuin

Although they play different positions, Bazuin is essentially taking the 4th DE spot, bumping Idonije to a 3rd down DT, and making Garay the odd man out. I think Bazuin could be one of those rookie IR additions (as could Wolfe) because they are already missing too much camp and neither sounds very ready to contribute this year.
I could see Bazuin being a rookie IR, but from what I have heard is that Wolfe has really impressed in camp so far, and there is no one else to take his spot.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I could see Bazuin being a rookie IR, but from what I have heard is that Wolfe has really impressed in camp so far, and there is no one else to take his spot.
Wolfe has impressed? He's been sidelined since the first day of camp.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

oh yeah, as for the Draft, if Grossman preforms well enough and is resigned, then OT is our biggest need. If not, then QB will be our biggest need. Hopefully it won't be the later but rather the earlier. It would be nice to draft a LT with our first round pick, move Tait back over to RT, and cut Miller to free up some cap.

Question is, if Grossman fails, do we sign the best QB in free agency and wait on drafting a QB, or do we go with Griese/Orton and draft a QB first round?

As for Beekman, I think he could make an interesting battle at RG this season. But Garza will likely come out on top and Beekman and Metcalf will serve as the backup guards and center. My question is what about LG after Brown likely leaves next year? Garza, Metcalf, and Beekman are all pretty much RG's...

Old 08-03-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

actually if the OT pool is as deep as it should be id take a Safety first. then pick up an OT in the second.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 08-04-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
actually if the OT pool is as deep as it should be id take a Safety first. then pick up an OT in the second.
Safety is not a 1st round pick need. Even if Brown gets hurt again or Archuleta doesn't work out, it's too early to give up on Manning.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Roster is finalized. I was dead barring placing Bazuin on IR (which I had suspected similar to what they did with Dvorack last year) and replacing him with an extra linebacker (McGlover). I'd brag but it was pretty obvious since July what the roster was going to look like, only a few judgements calls.

As far as placing Bazuin on IR, I liked the move but would have prefered that they keep Mark Levoir as an extra OL that they could groom. Hopefully he'll clear waivers and want to come back on the practice squad.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who woulda thought dusty would start over walker?

very very expensive rotation backup DT.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Too bad about Okwo, I was looking forward to seeing if he could contribute this year.