Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 09-04-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Too bad about Okwo, I was looking forward to seeing if he could contribute this year.
Wait, what happened to him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he was placed on IR

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Grossman sucks this season, I want to see a trade up for Andre' Woodson...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated to reflect injuries (sigh)...I'm sure we'll call up Garay from the PS. Who knows about the other roster spot.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
51 have you seen a link confirming that Dusty's injury is a tear, I haven't been able to find one.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

By the way, can you unsticky those threads? Some of them haven't been posted in months.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

By the way, can you unsticky those threads? Some of them haven't been posted in months.
Well I'm not here very often, so I haven't got around to it.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Updated to reflect injuries (sigh)...I'm sure we'll call up Garay from the PS. Who knows about the other roster spot.
We might see Greg Fassit signed off the practice squad, or perhaps there is a safety or DB on some other team's PS that the org. likes.

I don't know about you, but I think the Dusty injury hurts us more then the Brown injury.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Also, IIRC, Graham and McBride could also play FS as well. So, at least we have a lot of versatility and depth at DB.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I updated the depth chart, adding current age (according to the Bears website) and how long they are under contract.

That should add another dimension when considering holes we might need to fill.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Bizump.....

Old 11-12-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's amazing how many guys we've got signed for another 2 or 3 year who we really need to get rid of...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Did one excluding all of the 2007 Free Agents, just to give an idea of where our roster would sit.

Quarterbacks- Will keep 2/3
1)Brian Griese
2)Kyle Orton

Runningbacks-Will keep 3/4
1)Cedric Benson
2)Adrian Peterson
3)Garrett Wolfe
4)P.J Pope

Fullbacks-Will keep 1/2
1)Jason McKie
2)Lousaka Polite
3)J.D Runnels
4)Quantrine Hill

ReceiversWill keep 4-6
1)Muhsin Muhammad
2)Devin Hester
3)Mark Bradley
4)Mike Hass

Tight Ends-Will keep 2/3
1)Greg Olsen
2)Desmond Clark
3)Fontel Mines

Offensive TacklesWill keep 3/4
1)John Tait
2)Fred Miller
3)John St. Clair
4)Ryan Gibbons

Interior Offensive LineWill keep 4/5
1)Olin Kruetz
2)Roberto Garza
3)Terrence Metcalf
4)Josh Beekman
5)Tyler Reed
6)Mike Jones

Defensive Ends-Will keep 4/5
1)Adewale Ogunleye
2)Mark Anderson
3)Alex Brown
4)Dan Bazuin
5)Israel Idonije
6)Chris Frome

Defensive Tackle-Will keep 4/5
1)Tommie Harris
2)Dusty Dvoracek
3)Darwin Walker
4)Anthony Adams
5)Jimmy Kennedy
6)Babatunde Oshinowo
7)Matt Toeaina

LinebackersWill keep 6-8
1)Brian Urlacher
2)Hunter Hillenmeyer
3)Jamar Williams
4)Mike Okwo
5)Rod Wilson
6)Nick Roach

Cornerbacks-Will keep 5/6
1)Charles Tillman
2)Nathan Vasher
3)Ricky Manning Jr
4)Trumaine McBride
5)Corey Graham
6)Ade Jimoh
7)Greg Fassitt

Safties-Will keep 4/5
1)Mike Brown
2)Danieal Manning
3)Adam Archuleta
4)Kevin Payne
5)Josh Gattis
6)Leonard Peters

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 01-07-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Updated on first page for free agency.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really irritated with the DE position.

I still think we shouldn't get rid of alex brown, because he's good against the run and we've had so many damn problems stopping the run. If we're able to have some headway in it. I'd say **** it. Ship him. He had a fantastic year, and would probably get a 3rd rounder this year. Because I don't think anyone in the FO though he'd have a great year like he did this year. But. Bazuin hasn't proven anything. It's a weird tough situation.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
I'm really irritated with the DE position.

I still think we shouldn't get rid of alex brown, because he's good against the run and we've had so many damn problems stopping the run. If we're able to have some headway in it. I'd say **** it. Ship him. He had a fantastic year, and would probably get a 3rd rounder this year. Because I don't think anyone in the FO though he'd have a great year like he did this year. But. Bazuin hasn't proven anything. It's a weird tough situation.
I agree 100% w/u. Many thought that Mark Anderson would emerge as a top tier DE this year and he really fizzled this year. Our run support was the worst and when Alex had his chance to prove his worth he shined. I think that we should keep him as insurance because nobody knows what Bazuin will do. If he flops we may have another position of concern for depth. I think we should give Brown a shot at retaining his starting position next year because he definatelly looked like he deserved it.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many times did you guys scream or pull out your hair at Anderson biting on the play fake and totally blowing containment.

Until he upgrades his football IQ he should not be starting over Alex Brown.. I was in favor of him grabbing the spot last year, but it turned out to be a bad decision.. Brown played really good football all year imo.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'd still take Anderson any day. Alex Brown is so incredibly average. Just another player that Bears fans fall in love with and think is much better than he actually is (see Mike Brown). I like the guy personally, he seems like a real stand up dude, but when you average 6-7 sacks a season over a 6 year career, starting almost every game, you aren't a starting defensive end, particularly in our defense.

Anderson may not be the answer, but I know for a fact that Alex Brown is not.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

By the way, FYI, the updated page is the 1st page in this thread.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:00 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anderson might end up being better and might be the better pass rusher but it doesnt matter about the pass when Anderson doesnt contain the cut back and we give up 200 rushing yards a game. I'd prefer Brown to be the starter next year for the same reason I want Orton to start, we just seem to play better with these guys in game.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Anderson might end up being better and might be the better pass rusher but it doesnt matter about the pass when Anderson doesnt contain the cut back and we give up 200 rushing yards a game. I'd prefer Brown to be the starter next year for the same reason I want Orton to start, we just seem to play better with these guys in game.
hellz yes! i think anderson needs to stick to being a situational pass rusher like he was as a rookie and let someone with more all around skill handle the non-passing downs...
Old 01-23-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
he has worked very well as a situational pass rusher. We can use him similar to how Green Bay would use Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila. If he proves he can be more than just a situational pass rusher then let him prove it. As for now Brown is more complete.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:41 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bingo. And it doesn't hurt to have a situational pass rusher. Truth be told, we also played against a lot better left tackles this year. That's another reason for him looking 'average'. But the fact we have 2 situational pass rushers is the part that doesn't make sense.

But it shouldn't matter.

As much as BF51 thinks he's right. If the linebackers can't tackle, having Anderson will be pretty useless in the way they planned to use him at the beginning of the year. He also needs to get stronger, that i can't mention enough either... Anderson is good. He's just not yet. He has no balance, and the inside of our line gets eaten up because of him.

side note. we blitzed more off the edge this year causing anderson to get less 'sacks', and urlacher and briggs piled up some.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 01-25-2008 at 09:44 AM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
As much as BF51 thinks he's right.
Ha. You guys aren't even disagreeing with me. I never said Anderson was the answer. I said Alex Brown is not. He's had what, 5-6 years to prove himself as a starting DE in the league? He hasn't done that.

In our system, if you are a starting DE you HAVE to get at least 8-10 sacks per year, preferably much more than that. It doesn't matter how you play against the run. I mean, it does, but that is an extreme secondary concern. Defensive ends aren't paid to stop the run. That's a direct quote from Lovie Smith.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Bye bye Moose.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So whatever happened to JD Runnels?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote