Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-13-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mohammed Sanu, WR, Rutgers

I am wondering what people's opinions of Rutgers WR Mohamed Sanu?

He looks to have exceptional size at 6'2" 220lbs and I like his hands and run after the catch ability.

I keep hearing that he only has average speed.

What is your NFL player comparison?

Where does he get drafted?

JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's probably the best player in the draft and should go number one overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
he's probably the best player in the draft and should go number one overall.
Go away u jerk
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you rather have between Mohamed Sanu and Dwight Jones from UNC?
Old 11-13-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Go away u jerk
well that's interesting.

Sanu has exceptional hands, makes highlight reel catches on the reg. (see UNC game). He has an uncanny knack for getting open, despite being constantly double covered and having pretty awful QBs. He is literally carrying our offense. While he doesn't have that break away speed, he's quick enough. Big, strong guy, recruited as a safety. Good hands, unreal blocker for a WR. tough as nails and an unreal total athlete. Was punting better than our punters at camp, has a great arm (wildcat all year last year). As a pro comparison, I see him as a little more athletic Boldin. His route running could improve, but that's just youth I feel like. He's a first rounder. easy
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he reminds me alot of dwayne bowe

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could he be sort of similar to Hakeem Nicks? I haven't really seen him play, but the descriptions i've heard seem similar.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
well that's interesting.

Sanu has exceptional hands, makes highlight reel catches on the reg. (see UNC game). He has an uncanny knack for getting open, despite being constantly double covered and having pretty awful QBs. He is literally carrying our offense. While he doesn't have that break away speed, he's quick enough. Big, strong guy, recruited as a safety. Good hands, unreal blocker for a WR. tough as nails and an unreal total athlete. Was punting better than our punters at camp, has a great arm (wildcat all year last year). As a pro comparison, I see him as a little more athletic Boldin. His route running could improve, but that's just youth I feel like. He's a first rounder. easy
Doesn't sound like someone worthy of the #1 pick though.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Doesn't sound like someone worthy of the #1 pick though.
you clearly don't know much about me or this place or something called hyperbole, do you?
Quote:
Old 11-13-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
you clearly don't know much about me or this place or something called hyperbole, do you?
stop hurting my feelings
Old 11-13-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanu is a guy that will win in the 3-step game. He's big (6-2, 215), strong, and has the quickness to get open off of press coverage. Can shield defenders on slant passes. Has good hands to make plays in traffic. Former RB/wildcat QB who obviously can run after the catch and break tackles in the open field. Not a real deep threat, but can run the deep in that Martz likes to call at will (almost all of Williams' catches have come on this route). Reminds me of a bigger Percy Harvin or perhaps a taller Anquan Boldin. 94 catches for almost 1000 yards so far this year, broke Fitzgerald's Big East record for receptions in a season today, with 2 more games and a bowl game to go.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Is Mohamed Sanu worth a 1st round pick?
Old 11-14-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Is Mohamed Sanu worth a 1st round pick?
Not for the Bears which is what youre asking but otherwise yes. He should be a very good slot / underneath receiver.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Not for the Bears which is what youre asking but otherwise yes. He should be a very good slot / underneath receiver.
I think that he would be a nice pick up for the Bears in the late 1st round pick for a couple of reasons,

1. I think he is a safe pick and he does not have as many risks because of his versatility.

2. The Bears have tons of deep speed and need a player that can run slants and fades.

3. He is strong at the line and will not be jammed by the press man coverage of the Packers.

I think that a guy like Sanu is exactly what the Bears need.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Absolutely worth a first rounder. no doubt about it. And he would fit in well with the packers. he can play the inside slot guy easily, but is also a force on the outside. Nicks is a good comparison, but I feel Sanu is an even better blocker, which would be awesome with Forte out in space and on screens and what not. And he is certainly not afraid to go over the middle and take hits...or deliver them
Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really depends on how he worksouts if Sanu wants to be a 1st rounder. If he can run in the 4.4's I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots or Bears look at him at the end of the 1st. Also would be shocked if one of those teams trades up for Jeffery/Floyd depending on which one falls

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanu's stock is going to rise and will end up as the 3 best wr behind blackmon and floyd.

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this guy but what's the reason for him having a long reception of only 32 yards? He had bad QBs in the past and still broke some long runs after the catch.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
I like this guy but what's the reason for him having a long reception of only 32 yards? He had bad QBs in the past and still broke some long runs after the catch.
Well his first year he had Savage who was just slinging the ball deep and everything. Last year was the god damn mother ******* **** **** **** balls wildcat. This year it's mainly because he's not asked to run deep. We're not targeting him deep and he's going mainly over the middle and screens and such. Our other WR's can't seem to do **** except run go routes, so Sanu does most of the dirty work. His catch and run, while he hasn't broke out that big play, is still pretty damn good. He doesn't have the break away speed, but he'll easily pick up a good 15 yards on a slant after running over a safety. He had an absolute vicious stiff arm against Army. He's a tough, powerful runner who CAN break big plays, but it's not his forte.
Quote:
Old 11-20-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
antwanboldin
Rookie

antwanboldin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hes pretty much a sure thing for what he is . Late 1st for sure
antwanboldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antwanboldin View Post
Hes pretty much a sure thing for what he is . Late 1st for sure
What does that mean?
Old 11-21-2011, 12:46 AM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think he is an intriguing option for the Bengals in the late 1st round to pair with AJ Green. That big-time physical possession WR is missing from the offense.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:55 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that he would be a nice pick up for the Bears in the late 1st round pick for a couple of reasons,

1. I think he is a safe pick and he does not have as many risks because of his versatility.

2. The Bears have tons of deep speed and need a player that can run slants and fades.

3. He is strong at the line and will not be jammed by the press man coverage of the Packers.

I think that a guy like Sanu is exactly what the Bears need.
Very good, Candy...Very good.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am wondering what people's opinions of Rutgers WR Mohamed Sanu?

He looks to have exceptional size at 6'2" 220lbs and I like his hands and run after the catch ability.

I keep hearing that he only has average speed.

What is your NFL player comparison?

Where does he get drafted?

Closest comparison is Michael Crabtree. Very similar style and usage. Neither are "burners". They are roughly the same height and weight.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
Sanu's stock is going to rise and will end up as the 3 best wr behind blackmon and floyd.
not a big stretch to think so. jeffery is gonna drop like a rock b/c he's too big, and the only other guy I could see contending for 3rd WR drafted behind Blackmon and Floyd is Kendall Wright imo.

Sanu is one of those Crabtree, Bryant, Boldin, Greg Little possession types. Not a burner, but a guy who can get all the underneath stuff and get YAC.