Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-02-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh, he's more physical than crabtree i feel. Boldin/Nicks. He's an athletic possession guy who loves contact. He's lack of break away burner speed is what keeps him from being an elite prospect, but he's going to be an extremely solid/good WR in the NFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I'm not as high on him as other people are. He's got 4.6+ speed and body catches way to much for my liking. Kind of reminds me of Brandon Gibson. I wouldn't take him until the 3rd round.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:44 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll be in the mold of TJ Houshmandzadeh as a pro...A solid non-elite WR...4th round sounds perfect, though if you like him the 3rd might not be crazy I guess.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:39 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last 2 posts I'm not understanding. Sanu is a legit 6'2, 215. Brandon Gibson measured at barely over 6' and 206. Gibson's never been particularly good after the catch. Also don't think Housh is a good comparison either. And his career was much better than what you should expect from a 4th rounder.

I think people try to size/speed match Sanu too much. I understand the Boldin comparison because Sanu is similarly physical. But everything I've seen shows me that he is going to be used the same way the Vikings are using Percy Harvin. Sanu is going to be used on WR screens to get him the ball in space, quick slants to get him the ball with a chance to break a tackle and a big play, and in the backfield to utilize his tough running ability. But unlike Harvin, he can be a legit threat on the outside on 10-12 yard outs and 7-10 yard comeback routes. He won't be used on kickoff returns though due to his lack of elite speed.

I think he's a legit 2nd round pick, with a chance for the first if he runs in the low 4.5s. I think he can go anywhere from the mid 20s to the same spot in the 2nd round (mid 50s). If I had to guess I'd say he'll get drafted in the area where Torrey Smith, Greg Little, and Randall Cobb went last year in the late 2nd, as WRs usually fall.

Last edited by rawdawg : 12-03-2011 at 07:42 AM.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:49 AM    (permalink
ManOverboard
Rookie

ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have a source that tells me Sanu is "gone for sure."

Although this same source told me DeMarco Murray said he was gone in 2009, but he had a last second change of heart so we shall see.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy's YPC is horrible, and that has historically been a very telling statistic for draft-eligible WRs. Guys with dog **** YPC in college don't do well in the NFL. It's the most important statistic for WR prospects.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:40 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The guy's YPC is horrible, and that has historically been a very telling statistic for draft-eligible WRs. Guys with dog **** YPC in college don't do well in the NFL. It's the most important statistic for WR prospects.
Antonio Brown had a 10.5 ypc career in college. Guys like Nate Burleson, Earl Bennett, Wes Welker, and now Michael Floyd had final seasons under 11.5 ypc.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:04 AM    (permalink
ManOverboard
Rookie

ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
RU alum here. Watched every game of this kids college career and he was essentially the entire offense. He wasn't used as a deep threat whatsoever this season and last season they tried him in the wildcat and it just didn't work. That coupled with the fact that Rutgers offensive line last season was one of the worst I've ever seen at the college level, it's safe to say his NFL prospects weren't showcased whatsoever in college. Maybe you can point to his freshman year when he was used as a deep threat but that's about it.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 AM    (permalink
ManOverboard
Rookie

Mo will announce at noon. My source is pretty valid and says he's gone. We shall see.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said this in another thread but let's not forget that this is only Sanu's 2nd year as a WR. I don't count last year because he was hurt and we ran the Wildcat the whole year pretty much. He's as raw as they come and is still putting up fantastic numbers. The YPC isn't a real indicator of Sanu's ability.

The last 2 weeks I thought he would stay but I believe at 12 he's going to declare for the draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanu declared for the draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNC LB Terrell Manning declares per Joe Schad

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just watch him play. With the way he was utilized, there wasn't too many opportunities to pick up YAC and he didn't run many deep routes so that's why the YPC is low. But I guess it's easier to look at the numbers and base your opinion on them.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't think he YPC tells the entire story, but with a guy who is built as solidly as he is and what kind of athlete he's supposed to be, he should be able to break through more tackles and just generally create bigger plays on a more consistent basis.

I don't think he has the upside to be a number one receiver in the NFL. With the amount of depth in the class and what he brings to table, I wouldn't take him in the first round. Looking at what's projected to be available right now in the third and fourth rounds, I'm not entirely sure I wouldn't pass on Sanu there and go for a Tommy Streeter or a Dwight Jones. I suppose it depends on what you're looking for.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
UNC LB Terrell Manning declares per Joe Schad
Shut your ***** mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote