View Poll Results: What side?
Galactic Republic 12 37.50%
Sith Empire 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like doing that, but my copy is in the mail so I can't start playing for a while...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can make sure to not sprint out ahead.

When will you be playing? Like, what hours?

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I work afternoons-nights here, so on those days probably until around 6-10pm. Days I don't work, I'm free after 10pm.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im way too tired to translate that to my time!

Old 12-16-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Im way too tired to translate that to my time!
I did that. 6pm-10pm EST is what I meant!

Old 12-16-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Well then, in your attempt to be helpful, you just confused me further!

Those are pretty perfect hours though. Im typically home between 1 and 3 EST, and am free from that point on. Tuesdays and Saturdays I'll likely be on more/later due to not having work the next day.

Last edited by comahan : 12-16-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Well then, in your attempt to be helpful, you just confused me further!

Those are pretty perfect hours for me though. Tuesdays and Saturdays I'll likely be on more/later due to not having work the next day.
Well on Saturday US time I'm usually free the whole day so I'm sure we could work something out. Keep in mind that for all I know my retail copy may not arrive until well after Christmas. :(

But I'm with you on the whole, soloing thing can get tedious and boring.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

bookmarked. its nice to check before loading up a game.

and my server, Giradda The Hutt still hasn't made me wait in a queue yet.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Wooo my retail copy just shipped!

Old 12-18-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was told to post this... I present TOR dog!
Big Pictures... Didn't feel like resizing.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I was told to post this... I present TOR dog!
Big Pictures... Didn't feel like resizing.
That puppy is freaking cute. Looks like it's still very much a puppy.

But what am I missing here? What makes him "TOR dog"?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forenci decided that because I gave her a bath while i was afk for a bit. So I don't know ask him?
Old 12-18-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've been messing around on some random server for a bit now, game is fun, got to say so far it's pretty much WoW in the Star Wars universe, as in you spend a lot of time just kind of running between places, the combat is fine but not exactly complex and it seems fun overall but you get limited really quickly on what you can do on your own...

The companions are pimps though, at least the Sith Inq one is, which is just as well because I was starting to become a bit of a glass cannon in need of a tank when I got him!

Also... is there actually anything to levelling up or is it just go an buy new skills and that is it? I feel like I'm missing something, it just feels so basic?

It's fun though so far, the running is a bit tedious and I really can't wait until I get a few of the skills that allow me to heal because it's really testing having to wait around to heal between battles, especially in the rapid respawn areas that you get spawn raped in!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PS... will try and get on Fatboy when the server loads die down a bit, I'll be damned if I'm waiting over an hour to get on when there are plenty of open servers. Why did you guys pick the 2nd busiest server there is! The best part is it's second only to the unofficial Oceanic server.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you don't really have to bother with anything for leveling up until you get past level 10.

I love the game, its easy. Can't clear a room by myself? Then I can just wait for a wolfpack of like 12 people to burn through it for me, while I join in.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-18-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Alright cool, I thought I missed something.

I actually had one of those groups clear out the path to my companion. The 3 droids together just mess me up, takes me like 3/4 of my life bar which means sitting and waiting and if you accidentally aggro four of them you just run and hope the respawn destroys.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Oh also... did anyone else do Sith Inq and not get the saber when you were meant to? I can't see it anywhere in my inventory or anything.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I've got the Jedi Sage figured out. I can pretty much just stasis the ranged guys I don't want to fight, and then send my companion to tank everybody else. Then I can hurl rocks for 120-180 damage and its such a low force drain and quick recharge that I can just alternate that with one other attack for every enemy. If there's a railing or ledge, then I can pretty much force push everyone off of it without fighting.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-18-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Alright cool, I thought I missed something.

I actually had one of those groups clear out the path to my companion. The 3 droids together just mess me up, takes me like 3/4 of my life bar which means sitting and waiting and if you accidentally aggro four of them you just run and hope the respawn destroys.

Ha I just kept launching those things off the side to kill them
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

I actually worked that out in the end, the best was when I lured 9 at once and had to run around tasting to position them, then boom time! I totally would have died if even one of them didn't go off!

Will say, I really like the death system, you don't have to do the god awful corpse run from WoW, just wait 30 seconds and you are back in.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

That said, they could maybe noob proof the mountains, I totally didn't expect they would let me just jump off a mountain, was a scenic fall though and the roll landing couldn't do a thing about the instant death!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-19-2011, 02:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you choose Sorcerer or Assassin you get a bag and your new saber is in that.

And we didn't choose The Fatman. They did, as part of their guild launch program. We just went where we were assigned and had no idea how busy it'd be.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:37 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Ah ok... guess I'm not meant to have finished all that stuff before level 10 then :)

That will solve it hopefully!

Next step is choosing whether to go Madness or Lightning from what I can see!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Ah ok... guess I'm not meant to have finished all that stuff before level 10 then :)

That will solve it hopefully!

Next step is choosing whether to go Madness or Lightning from what I can see!
I'm having the same dilemma!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably the best MMO to be released since WoW and much better game at launch than what WoW was.

This is the first MMO to really incorporate story into the game, and have each action mean something and the questing system not feel like mindless grinding.

Been in early access since day one and have loved every bit of it.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote