Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: What side?
Galactic Republic 12 37.50%
Sith Empire 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a lot of time in this weekend and it's been pretty fun. My biggest complaint so far is the fact that my brother and I started as the same class, and we can't do class specific quests together. Everytime we enter an instance, it only allows the owner of the instance to do the quest, even if I'm right there with him. It's not even a big deal really, considering they were all super easy to do anyways, it just seems like poor game design though.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what was the overall consensus on the game? Did you guys like it? Hate it? I know what Bengalsrocket things.. I talked to him about it already. What about the rest of you?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only got to play around until about level five and I thought it was pretty fun. Story seemed pretty interesting and I liked the battle mechanics.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only got to play for an hour or so unfortunately, but I loved the mechanics so far. I'm excited for full release!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:13 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it... Though I haven't found an MMO I have hated through the first few levels. The real test is if it is going to hold my attention all the way to end game content (where few other MMOs have).

Like I posted above I love the group dialog options... I thought that was really cool. Other than that it isn't head over heels better than most MMOs though I am only level 10.

Still can't wait for the release though.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really opens up once you pick your Advanced Class.. you start to specialize in a certain area. Plus the areas you fight (Coruscant/Dromund Kaas) are just cooler than the starting area.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm reading The Old Republic book Deceived that acts as a tie-in to the game. One of the best Star Wars books I've ever read. Depth to the characters, good story, plus gets me even more geeked out about the game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It really opens up once you pick your Advanced Class.. you start to specialize in a certain area. Plus the areas you fight (Coruscant/Dromund Kaas) are just cooler than the starting area.
Thank god the Beta is still going until midnight tonight. I get out of work early today so I will get some quality time getting out of the starting area which will allow me to better review what I have seen.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just was playing around with all of the starting classes on the Republic side and the Trooper was my favorite. I thought that I would want to play as a Jedi but the Trooper just seemed more fun for the first few levels.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The Trooper storyline (until level 10) is very well done. I liked it too.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bounty Hunter has been pretty fun to play so far. I actually don't really care about story lines. Hopefully group play is good, cause thats my main attraction to MMOs
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I just finished the Knight opening area... It was alright. Kinda cheesy Jedi crap. It was just kinda a fall back for class selection.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait till this game launches.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Can't wait till this game launches.
This is the smartest thing I have ever seen you say.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
This is the smartest thing I have ever seen you say.
I say a lot of smart things!

Old 11-28-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
You really dont!
You are so mean!

Old 11-28-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Bounty Hunter has been pretty fun to play so far. I actually don't really care about story lines. Hopefully group play is good, cause thats my main attraction to MMOs
Group play is important, but the story is what can keep the game worth coming back to for a long period of time.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Group conversations are pretty legit. I like them. And the story is the best part of this game.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I too am wondering what the end game content is like. The only MMO that ive played a ton of end game for was WoW, and I HATED those damn 37-hour raids.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Well I just finished my first flash point... Took about an hour. It was fun, a little long for my liking but fun.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Just was playing around with all of the starting classes on the Republic side and the Trooper was my favorite. I thought that I would want to play as a Jedi but the Trooper just seemed more fun for the first few levels.
Right there with you, Trooper and Bounty Hunter were both extremely awesome.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

If Comahan, Forenci, Wally, Vidae and nepg are going Sith I think I have to go Sith.

Damix, Caddy... Come to the dark side!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I play, I will be dark side for sure. Light side is weak, who wants to have power and have to be all good and stuff.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I got a lot of time in this weekend and it's been pretty fun. My biggest complaint so far is the fact that my brother and I started as the same class, and we can't do class specific quests together. Everytime we enter an instance, it only allows the owner of the instance to do the quest, even if I'm right there with him. It's not even a big deal really, considering they were all super easy to do anyways, it just seems like poor game design though.
There is an option for the same class to enter class quests together in the preferences somewhere. Only one of the players progresses when you do the quest, so you have to do the quest twice.

I will be going Empire as well.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 11-28-2011 at 10:17 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
If Comahan, Forenci, Wally, Vidae and nepg are going Sith I think I have to go Sith.

Damix, Caddy... Come to the dark side!
Damix and I both already said we are happy to go with whatever!