Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: What side?
Galactic Republic 12 37.50%
Sith Empire 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Damix and I both already said we are happy to go with whatever!
I knew Damix did... I just saw you voted Republic.

Sweet. So we have a pretty go basis. We just need to establish a server and guild.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I knew Damix did... I just saw you voted Republic.

Sweet. So we have a pretty go basis. We just need to establish a server and guild.
I voted republic, but I still have not tried the game so my opinion is less valid than everyone elses in regards to the game right now. Sith suits me more any way.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea you are a devious bastard....
Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was excited to finally have time to test some more since I finished the new Jurassic Park game and all the weekend testers should be gone now but its down for server maintenance...anyone know how long that usually goes?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really fine with either side and playing any type you need for the group (though in general I'm a pretty awful tank).

If you couldn't tell, I'm pretty easy going.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I'm really fine with either side and playing any type you need for the group (though in general I'm a pretty awful tank).

If you couldn't tell, I'm pretty easy going.
So your going Dark Side... Good.

I enjoy tanking... really only for the reason that it is very difficult to find a quality tank. So I try to not gamble twice and just pray I can find a decent healer.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure if many of my friends that I typically play MMOs with will get this game. I'll make a powertech on whatever server you guys are on and might just make that my main so I can play with people...Tanking FTW.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I call main healbot.

Your fates will be in my hands. And I will expect a constant stream of gratitude for when I carry us on my back through rough spots.

:)

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still need to do some more research into the classes. My only MMO experience is really Rift, and its pretty obvious what your character is when playing. SWTOR so far...not as much.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I still need to do some more research into the classes. My only MMO experience is really Rift, and its pretty obvious what your character is when playing. SWTOR so far...not as much.
I have been trying to do this... Seeing as we have just over 2 weeks for those who preordered we should try to get some organization as to faction, class and possible guild.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
I have been trying to do this... Seeing as we have just over 2 weeks for those who preordered we should try to get some organization as to faction, class and possible guild.
Is guild system up? I saw that you could create one and some were incorporated into beta, but wasn't sure if that was the full system or not.

Seems like Sith has won as faction. Class wise, I think people can pretty much choose what they want, we have enough players that there will be multiple groups and whatnot.

Does anyone know if the servers will be the same as beta? That's our most important choice right now :)
Old 11-29-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I have no idea... Thats the tough part.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Since the NDA has been lifted, here's a rundown:

Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior - Advanced Classes - Guardian/Juggernaut - Melee Tank, Sentinel/Marauder - Melee DPS

Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor - Advanced Classes - Sage/Sorcerer - Ranged DPS/Heals, Shadow/Assassin - Melee/ranged DPS/Tank

Trooper/Bounty Hunter - Advanced Classes - Vanguard/Powertech - Ranged Tank/DPS, Mercenary/Commando - Ranged DPS/Heals

Smuggler/Imperial Agent - Advanced Classes - Scoundrel/Operative - Ranged DPS/Heals, Gunslinger/Sniper - Ranged DPS

The guild system is definitely up and running. Not sure about the server names though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to add to that list, Guardians/Juggernauts also have a melee dps tree.

From the classes I played, the shared tree seems to be more for pvp.

I'll probably be pvping mostly. I plan on being a BH Mercenary and either dps or heal. I've healed(a lot) in just about every mmo I've played so I'm not sure, I'd like something different. I've only tanked in WoW. It's really fun to tank because you and the other tank experience the fight like no one else in the raid. ICC was really fun to tank I thought. The idea of a ranged tank really intrigues me.

So basically, I don't know wtf I'll be doing other than being a Bounty Hunter.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 11-29-2011 at 12:01 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Just to add to that list, Guardians/Juggernauts also have a melee dps tree.

From the classes I played, the shared tree seems to be more for pvp.
Its been a while since I've actually played Guardian/Jugg so maybe its been buffed but they were AWFUL at DPS/PVP back then. Did the recent redo of the class buff them?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Its been a while since I've actually played Guardian/Jugg so maybe its been buffed but they were AWFUL at DPS/PVP back then. Did the recent redo of the class buff them?
I couldn't tell you really. My original intent was to be a dps/pvp juggernaut, I rather have a single lightsaber than dual. I got one to like 12 or 13. The little I played with that class it seemed fine but at higher levels I have no idea. I fell in love with Bounty Hunter and never went back.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I guess I will role Juggernaut... I feel like there is going to be a ton of BH so that way I can be something different.

So another thing we should decide on is PVP server or PVE?

My vote is for PVP
Old 11-29-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

I'd like to play with everyone here, but I will definitely be playing on a PVP server. A PVE server isn't even an option for me.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Agreed, PVP all the way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont care. Not a big PVP fan, but it wont bother me either way.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I guess I will role Juggernaut... I feel like there is going to be a ton of BH so that way I can be something different.

So another thing we should decide on is PVP server or PVE?

My vote is for PVP
From what I've noticed in the beta:

1)Inquistor/Consular
2)Inquisitor/Consular
42)Every other class.

The Sith/Jedi were by far the most played classes, with Inquisitor being the overwhelming majority, on the server I played on. Half of my team in pvp were generally all Sith Inquisitors, mostly Assassins.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I figured it was going to be that way...

But I feel like Juggernaut is going to be one of the lower played Jedi classes. Most people who play MMOs either:
  • Want to be all bad ass and damage people
  • Want the ease of most DPS roles
  • Suck at tanking

With that said I still think a ton of people will play BH. There is too much Fett love out there to not be.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Since there are only 4 classes, every class will be populated a lot. Except Imperial Agent, which was probably my second favorite storywise and gameplay wise.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Thats the only thing that sucks about going Sith in my mind is that I would rather roll a less populated class but with all Sith Tanks being either Jedi or BH thats not going to happen.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

With so few classes, I'm just hoping that hybrid specs are able to compete and that there are no real cookie cutter builds. I never got to a high level so I haven't got to test any of the specs I've made. WoW talents are pretty much cookie cutter builds with no real hybrid specs, even after Blizzard trying to change that.

Sig by Hitman D.