Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who-when hands the Packers their first loss?
Tampa Bay 1 1.05%
@ Detroit on Thanksgiving 15 15.79%
@ NY Giants 13 13.68%
Oakland (Carson Palmer won at Lambeau in 09) 8 8.42%
@ Chiefs (Same week that 13-0 Denver lost in 1998) 14 14.74%
Chicago 10 10.53%
Detroit 1 1.05%
First playoff game or NFC Title game vs San Francisco 10 10.53%
Super Bowl loss like Patriots 3 3.16%
They will win em all, and will eclipse the 1972 Dolphins 20 21.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The same Oakland team that almost got shutout by the Dolphins? They're the team that is going to beat the 12-0 Packers?
You know better than that V.

In the NFL, from week-to-week, A+B rarely equals C.
The Saints scored 60 points in week 7. The next week, in a climate-controlled dome in St Louis, against the pathetic 0-7, sucking-for-Luck Rams, Brees and the Saints were battered and beaten.

Rodgers and the Packers lost 2 years ago, in Lambeau, to Carson Palmer and the Bengals.
Last year, Rodgers only loss at home was to Chad Sugar Henne and the crappy Dolphins.
The Raaaaaai-daz would fit that strange trend. Nothing in the NFL surprises me anymore.

Also, some parallels with the 1998 Broncos here.
Both them and these Packers were Super Bowl champions and started the season winning their first 13 games.
That's when Denver went to Kansas City and lost as a heavy-favorite.
If the Packers beat Oakland, will it be deja-vu?

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-06-2011 at 08:08 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That's when Denver went to Kansas City and lost as a heavy-favorite.
If the Packers beat Oakland, will it be deja-vu?
No, it was the 5-8 New York Giants that beat them first in 1998.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Chiefs. Who else was SMART enough to vote Chiefs with me?!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I too voted Chiefs.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just you and me Metsox.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I voted Chiefs. Who else was SMART enough to vote Chiefs with me?!
Brilliant!
But did you bet on them today at +950?

I'm happy for Kyle Orton, and I can tell Rodgers respects Orton too. I think Orton got effed over a couple of times. He's better than quite a few QBs playing these days.
Hell, he was better than Rodgers today.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Orton does something that Cassel doesn't.. go through his progressions. It looked like we had an actual QB playing out there today and it was a great change of pace to our usual garbage.

Good game though. I never thought we had a shot, and I really wanted the Pack to run the table.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for the Chiefs like a minute ago. I'm pretty smart.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@Chiefs.. now that I finally voted ;)

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm frankly shocked that the Chiefs pulled it off.

What was different about Rodgers today? Does the lack of Greg Jenning affect him that much?
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post

What was different about Rodgers today? Does the lack of Greg Jenning affect him that much?
Chiefs gave the offensive line problems from the start and when Rodgers did find the open guy they couldn't make the catch. Then both Bulaga and Sherrod went down leading to a shuffle along the offensive line. After that the flood gates opened and Rodgers just couldn't get anything going.

I was screaming for the no huddle as that seems to get them in rhythm, but didn't go to it until 4 mins left. I guess McCarthy may have been reluctant to go no huddle with so many changes up front.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But they've dealt with offensive line injuries before this season without any slowdown. Don't they still have Marshall Newhouse?
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But they've dealt with offensive line injuries before this season without any slowdown. Don't they still have Marshall Newhouse?
Newhouse started out pretty well but has been pedestrian recently. After Bulaga and Sherrod went down the offensive line looked like this:

Newhouse Dietrich-Smith Wells Sitton Lang

Dietrich-Smith is woeful and Lang had played LG all season. I don't think he's taken many snaps at tackle all year.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs rushed four and got pressure on Rodgers, and the Packers receivers struggled to get separation from the Chiefs corners who were playing press man most of the game. Without Jennings they were able to roll coverage towards Nelson, and while Finley had plenty of opportunities, he dropped a bunch of balls. The Chiefs played nickle or dime over 85% of the snaps and the Packers never really took advantage of that by running the ball.

And the Packers defense was horrible outside of the red zone and was unable to keep the Chiefs offense off of the field, limiting the amount of possessions Green Bay's offense got.

Last edited by Basileus777 : 12-19-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It is called a trap game. The worst thing that could happen to GB was having to play a team they couldn't take seriously and that is how GB's players played. They had no emotion while it was like the Super Bowl for KC. I don't think Jennings would have made 1 bit of difference.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
It is called a trap game. The worst thing that could happen to GB was having to play a team they couldn't take seriously and that is how GB's players played. They had no emotion while it was like the Super Bowl for KC. I don't think Jennings would have made 1 bit of difference.
That's all true, but for sure Jennings would have made some, if not a big, difference.

Tamba Hali abused Marshall Newhouse.
Our defense flatout sucks, and turnovers are often lucky. You don't get gift interceptions by the bunches from good QBs like Brees, Brady, etc. Orton gave us 3 ints earlier this year with Denver, but none today. Our defense doesn't get stops, only turnovers. When no turnovers, it means long drives, even if they only produced field goals usually.

One bizarre thing today was that the back ref flagged Jordy Nelson for offensive pass interference for "push offs", twice. And replays showed there was really nothing there at all. Certainly nothing worth calling penalties on.
I think that one particular zebra had money on KC.

Other than that, the Chiefs defense just showed the blueprint on how do beat us.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
That's all true, but for sure Jennings would have made some, if not a big, difference.

Our defense flatout sucks, and turnovers are often lucky. You don't get gift interceptions by the bunches from good QBs like Brees, Brady, etc. Orton gave us 3 ints earlier this year with Denver, but none today. Our defense doesn't get stops, only turnovers. When no turnovers, it means long drives, even if they only produced field goals usually.

One bizarre thing today was that the back ref flagged Jordy Nelson for offensive pass interference for "push offs", twice. And replays showed there was really nothing there at all. Certainly nothing worth calling penalties on.

Other than that, the Chiefs defense just showed the blueprint on how do beat us.
The first one was a little ticky tack but I could see why he was flagged. I didn't see anything on the second one to warrant a flag.

I read somewhere the Chiefs asked the refs to watch for the push off today.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Don't agree, GB simply had nothing in the tank and it is hard to beat anybody when you are not up for a game. It is hard to get turnovers on the best of days, but when a team is flat, it is almost impossible to force a turnover.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:39 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Don't agree, GB simply had nothing in the tank and it is hard to beat anybody when you are not up for a game. It is hard to get turnovers on the best of days, but when a team is flat, it is almost impossible to force a turnover.
What do you mean you don't agree? With what?
So we just "were out of gas, no fuel left in the tank'?

Actually, we were just out-played, and out-coached believe it or not.
Bad pass protection, bad routes, bad catches, some poor throws, bad play-calling. That's on offense.
On defense, horse crap all the way around. Never touched Orton. Zero sacks. Whereas Rodgers was hit almost every pass, seriously, and sacked 4 or 5 times, Orton was never sacked. Tamba Hali was Lawrence Taylor yesterday compared to Clay being.... well.... Frank Zombo.

So all our guys were just "out of gas"? That's basically an excuse really. They beat us for many reasons.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Many reasons, for one...they were a lot more physical than GB up front on both sides. Had long, time consuming drives and didn't have any turnovers
Old 12-20-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This loss is actually better for the Packers than a win would have been, aside from injuries. They needed to lose to a team like the Chiefs.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
This loss is actually better for the Packers than a win would have been, aside from injuries. They needed to lose to a team like the Chiefs.
I don't care how people try to spin it, this is just complete garbage. A loss is almost never better for the team than a win. The only way a loss could be better than a win is if it keeps a dangerous team out of the playoffs.

An example would be if the 49ers were playing the Seahawks the last week of the season (they aren't). If they beat that team, the Lions get into the playoffs. If they lose that game, the Seahawks get in. Obviously, you would much rather face the Seahawks than the Lions in the playoffs, so losing actually would be better. Other than that, losing is NEVER better than winning.

edit: I'm talking about good teams. Teams like the Vikings and Rams losing right now is good because it could give them a better draft pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just you and me Metsox.

I called it too. lol
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I don't care how people try to spin it, this is just complete garbage. A loss is almost never better for the team than a win. The only way a loss could be better than a win is if it keeps a dangerous team out of the playoffs.
It's actually been debated this week by former coaches and players, as well as journalists.

Some see each side of that argument, so neither side is complete "garbage" as you'd like to call the other side.

The Packers lost to Tampa Bay 2 years ago midway thru the year to fall to 4-4, and as it turns out, that embarrassing loss pissed off the team and sparked them.

This loss won't spark anything, but it might force the defense to step it up now that their getting carved up by a crappy QB and awful offense actually did cost them a game. For once, the QB didn't bail them out.

The only thing is, the offensive line got demolished, and injured, so who knows what happens there.... but the schitty defense finally realizes, they have to, that they can't keep playing like girls and have the offense always bail them out.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73...-just-guessing

Quote:
I believe these are all things that we attach meaning to in hindsight, after we know the outcome. If the Packers win it all, we will all talk about how losing to the Chiefs was the best thing that could have happened to them and list all the reasons why. Heck, even some players may say that, but the truth is that nobody really knows for sure.

The only effects of Sunday's loss that I believe in are the tangible ones. For one, the Packers will have to take a long look at why they struggled against the Chiefs and what they need to correct. That is valuable because it is better to make those corrections now than after a playoff loss.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-20-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:17 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No loss is a good loss, period. With that said, this will at least end any "perfect season" talks and the packers can now just focus on the main goal, which is to win the SB. They are still in the drivers seat for the top seed and they have been great at home(40 ppg with 18 ppg against)

perfect season was a nice bonus to the season but now its over. Their OL injuries aren't really a big deal come playoff time(when things matter most). They lost Sherrod for the year but he was their #4 tackle anyway...not a huge loss. Clifton is set to practice this week and Bulaga's injury didn't look serious at all and McCarthy said as much the other day. If they need him to rest or just be cautious he has the next 3 weeks. When the divisional round starts, they'll have their OL back to full health + having the depth needed. JEnnings will be back to

they need to sew up the top seed still though. That isn't guaranteed yet but I expect them to win this Sunday vs a Bears team with McCown at QB and no Forte