Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Desean Jackson

My favorite player in the league so I decided to do a little research on how he's been doing.

per Philly.com
Quote:
The best player in Eagles camp, through a week and change of full-squad workouts, has been No. 10.

per Lesean McCoy

Quote:
He's by far the best wide receiver I've ever played with or against. I think it's his heart, man. He wants to be great, he wants to be the best. You can see it in the way he runs his routes, the way he comes out every day ready to work. He's one of the hardest-working guys on the team
per RotoWorld
Quote:
Eagles coach Andy Reid says DeSean Jackson is "ready to take the next step."
Everyone else in the world has heaped praise on Jackson; Reid is just the latest. Few players have created as much buzz as Jackson in the preseason. While the Eagles are known for spreading the ball around, they didn't spread it when they had Terrell Owens and it's sounding like they may not this year with Jackson.
per RotoWorld
Quote:
DeSean Jackson and Donovan McNabb have picked up right where they left off before Jackson's minor knee tweak.
"Can't emphasize it enough. McNabb and Jackson have looked completely in sync all camp," was the Inquirer's tweet. McNabb hasn't had this kind of chemistry with one receiver since the first Terrell Owens year. The hype-machine is in overdrive for Jackson so you'll likely have to reach for him if you want his upside on draft day.
per ESPN
Quote:
Second-year receiver DeSean Jackson has been dominant in camp. The Eagles have a talented secondary, but not even All-Pro Asante Samuel has come close to covering Jackson.
per ESPN
Quote:
Right now, though, it's Jackson who's drawing the most attention in camp. He's so quick off the line that no one can get a jam on him.
per ESPN
Quote:
Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson has been unstoppable at training camp.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have no IDEA how good it's going to feel to be able to say "I told you so"
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson suffered a hyperextended left knee Saturday when he got tangled up with cornerback Asante Samuel at practice at training camp. Jackson was carted off the field... Just sayin'. He's not built to last. haha.

If he's just a deep threat, then I really like him. But I don't think he's a complete WR. He's barely 85 pounds in a soaked shirt. ha. I have yet to see him take a route across the middle. ...and he's not the ideal red zone target. Does he, can he block? I think he can still be a very very good WR as a deep threat, but still just a 1 trick pony.

Maybe he will prove me wrong. Should be exciting to watch him develop.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he did injure his knee but he was back out the next day doing more of the same.

He is just a deep threat? No, he didn't go deep often last year. He doesn't run routes over the middle? I saw him run routes over the middle every game. 85 pounds? Maybe closer to 185 pounds now. Yes, he can block but he's not the best but he does give his all.

You will be eating crow, and I'll call it now, he is and will be better than Roy Williams this season.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved him coming into last year's draft and still think he'll prove all the doubters wrong. He runs all routes, tries to block (though at 185 is not likely to earhole many guys ala Hines Ward) and plays with a chip on his shoulder.

What's not to like?

I'm also quite happy with the prospect of keeping him for a 9th round pick in one of my $$$ leagues. Here's hoping those of us who expected good things are right. A WR2 in round 9 is a total steal. If he really does turn into DMac's true #1 WR that would be great for me.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Yeah, he did injure his knee but he was back out the next day doing more of the same.

He is just a deep threat? No, he didn't go deep often last year. He doesn't run routes over the middle? I saw him run routes over the middle every game. 85 pounds? Maybe closer to 185 pounds now. Yes, he can block but he's not the best but he does give his all.

You will be eating crow, and I'll call it now, he is and will be better than Roy Williams this season.
Who cares about Roy Williams? Our offense w/out TO will see the ball distributed much better. Guys like Miles Austin, Sam Hurd, Martellus Bennett and even the RBs will catch a lot of passes from Romo. Roy can join the party, but he's far from a traditional #1 WR target.

I loved Desean leading up to the draft. I even like him now. But to call him a diamond when he's really a spade is just not acurate.

He's a burner, not a possession WR. It's nice to hype up guys, but I swear it sounds like he's the next Jerry Rice in here.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was easily BY FAR one of my favorite prospects in last year's draft. I'll be the first one to say "I told ya so".
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when everyone wanted Limas Sweed. Lol, look at it now, DeSean is the next Steve Smith and Limas had 6 catches...
Old 08-13-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'd still take Devin Thomas ahead of Desean, but it won't show up on the stat sheet with Campbell at QB. I'd take Desean over Donnie Avery though. ...and I like him more than Royal too.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:46 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets put it this way, the hype machine is in full swing, but DeSean has done more than enough to get it there. He is doing just about everything well. As far as him not going over the middle, D-Unit, (not trying to be offensive here, but it is what it is) you are talking out of your ass. Either that, or you simply haven't seen enough of him to comment on him. I can't tell you how many times he'd go over the middle and he'd get absolutely hammered, and I'd just hope he'd get back up. And every time he did, though sometimes slower than others. He was always right back in the action though.

As far as blocking goes, we know he'll never be a beast blocking WR, that's just the way it is. But it isn't due to a lack of effort, he is out there all the time downfield, doing whatever he can to get in the way or slow down defneders, and was crucial to a lot of big plays las tyear in extending them further, or just enough to get us a TD. An example of that is Brian Westbrook on the screen last year against the Vikings.

DeSean really does do it all, short, intermediate and deep routes on the outsides or through the middle of the defense, as well as running the ball. I expect big big things from him this season, and as long as he is healthy, I am almost certain I will not be let down...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is the second coming of Steve Smith.

85/1200/8 this year. Book it.

And **** you guys for getting him.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

how amazing was Desean's end around yesterday

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
how amazing was Desean's end around yesterday
He turned a 5 yard loss into a 9 yard gain, people say you can't do stuff in the NFL that you did in college but DeSean is so quick and fast that he still can. DeSean is great.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
He is the second coming of Steve Smith.

85/1200/8 this year. Book it.

And **** you guys for getting him.
Wait a minute, back the **** up... We got a Cowboys fan in here declaring this...

'nuff said.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
u8pp
Rookie

u8pp could make a wolverine purr.u8pp could make a wolverine purr.u8pp could make a wolverine purr.u8pp could make a wolverine purr.u8pp could make a wolverine purr.u8pp could make a wolverine purr.

Dude's going to be a superstar. I remember being heckled and outcast on another site because I said they should take him instead of Sweed, Kelly or Thomas. Wow, talk about fail.
u8pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:12 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was easily my favourite player of last years draft. I was so disappointed that the Buc's got Dexter instead of Desean. I wish we'd just taken him in the 1st round.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by u8pp View Post
Dude's going to be a superstar. I remember being heckled and outcast on another site because I said they should take him instead of Sweed, Kelly or Thomas. Wow, talk about fail.
I too wanted Sweed, or even Kelly over DeSean, and man was I wrong...

Old 08-24-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Lets put it this way, the hype machine is in full swing, but DeSean has done more than enough to get it there. He is doing just about everything well. As far as him not going over the middle, D-Unit, (not trying to be offensive here, but it is what it is) you are talking out of your ass. Either that, or you simply haven't seen enough of him to comment on him. I can't tell you how many times he'd go over the middle and he'd get absolutely hammered, and I'd just hope he'd get back up. And every time he did, though sometimes slower than others. He was always right back in the action though.

As far as blocking goes, we know he'll never be a beast blocking WR, that's just the way it is. But it isn't due to a lack of effort, he is out there all the time downfield, doing whatever he can to get in the way or slow down defneders, and was crucial to a lot of big plays las tyear in extending them further, or just enough to get us a TD. An example of that is Brian Westbrook on the screen last year against the Vikings.

DeSean really does do it all, short, intermediate and deep routes on the outsides or through the middle of the defense, as well as running the ball. I expect big big things from him this season, and as long as he is healthy, I am almost certain I will not be let down...
I wanted the Cowboys to draft him, but at least I was honest in what he can and can't do. He's not a physical receiver, he has problems if you jam him off the line, blocking sucks, and is not a great red zone target.

He's got great hands, is awesome in the open field, has speed to burn and is a real WR and not just a return man ala Ted Ginn.

If you keep running him across the middle, you'll break him. DO it.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I too wanted Sweed, or even Kelly over DeSean, and man was I wrong...
Yeah, I dunno why you would ever think that. Sweed and Kelly over Desean??? Devin Thomas I could see. Sweed and Kelly.. bleh.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I wanted the Cowboys to draft him, but at least I was honest in what he can and can't do. He's not a physical receiver, he has problems if you jam him off the line, blocking sucks, and is not a great red zone target.

He's got great hands, is awesome in the open field, has speed to burn and is a real WR and not just a return man ala Ted Ginn.

Ginn is more then a return man. He doesnt even return kicks anymore. He's one of our starting WR's and is turning into a damn good one at that. Its nite and day compared to what he could do as a rookie to what he can do now. He's on the verge of a breakout season this season and the coaches has nothing but praise for him.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

I'm not the one making decisions, so maybe you should send this to Reid...

You said he doesn't do these things, i.e. going across the middle, when there is plenty of proof that he has and does. Yeah he may not be the best blocker, but he does all he can do and has successfully gotten in the way enough to help break some plays for us. That is all we can hope for. DeSean can be a decent Red Zone target, though will never be a good one, I agree there, he just needs to be used better, implementing guick slants.

As for his inability to beat the jam, he's made tons of progress there, he won't overpower many CBs, but he uses his quickness in both his feet and hands to beat it. I want people to jam him, because he was beating the jam all camp and so far in the preseason.

The fact is, you said things that aren't true.
You said he doesn't go over the middle. He does.

He isn't physical, I agree, no one said he was.

Problems with the jam? Jam him, I dare you. (lol)

Blocking is not good, no one said it would be, but his effort has certainly helped us a lot

No one said he was a great red-zone target...

There are very few truly complete WRs in this league, but DeSean runs all the different routes asked of him, he is a complete WR in the fact that he can run any route asked of him, and contribute in many aspects of the game.

You will almost never find a receiver who is very good in these three aspects of play: Receiving, blocking, and special teams. Hell, even our best WRs can only do two of these things, and DeSean is very good as a receiver and a returner. He isn't a great blocker, no one will debate that, but he has helped us in some plays with his ability to get in the way, for lack of a better word. My point for bringing this up... The greatest receivers in the NFL still weren't great in all three of these areas, but were great in at least two. In no way am I saying DeSean is comparable to the greats at the position right now, but as it stands at this moment, he is both a great returner and a great receiver, not to the level of the great, but he has the talent to further improve in all these areas.

I personally would love to know how DeSean is a one trick pony...

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 08-24-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post

Ginn is more then a return man. He doesnt even return kicks anymore. He's one of our starting WR's and is turning into a damn good one at that. Its nite and day compared to what he could do as a rookie to what he can do now. He's on the verge of a breakout season this season and the coaches has nothing but praise for him.
Believe it or not, I agree with you. Ginn has shown that he could break out this season. (Isn't it his third year...) Now I'm not saying he's going to have a huge huge year and fight Larry Fitgerald for best WR, but I think he will prove to be more of a WR this season, and not just a return man. I have noticed these things in the limitted time I've seen of him, and I was a big skeptic of his when he was new in the NFL, but he is showing he can be a potentially very good WR.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Believe it or not, I agree with you. Ginn has shown that he could break out this season. (Isn't it his third year...) Now I'm not saying he's going to have a huge huge year and fight Larry Fitgerald for best WR, but I think he will prove to be more of a WR this season, and not just a return man. I have noticed these things in the limitted time I've seen of him, and I was a big skeptic of his when he was new in the NFL, but he is showing he can be a potentially very good WR.
Yeah its his 3rd year. I was pissed when we drafted him esp with Quinn there. I fig he would be nothing more then a good returner and an below average-average WR. He proved me wrong on that. He has good hands, hes using that speed of his on a consistent bases while running routes, his route running is getting good and now he is making some catches across the middle. Something he didnt do much of before. I dont see him ever being a great WR, but a really good WR isnt out of the question.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Yeah its his 3rd year. I was pissed when we drafted him esp with Quinn there. I fig he would be nothing more then a good returner and an below average-average WR. He proved me wrong on that. He has good hands, hes using that speed of his on a consistent bases while running routes, his route running is getting good and now he is making some catches across the middle. Something he didnt do much of before. I dont see him ever being a great WR, but a really good WR isnt out of the question.
His route running is what made me switch my thoguht process. With his matural speed, both aspects (speed and route running) will seem better, the speed makes the route running a little better, and vice versa. He still needs to work a little bit yet, but he has shown great improvement on basically a complete lack of route running as a rookie. He will be the source of quite a few big plays for the Dolphins this year.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
His route running is what made me switch my thoguht process. With his matural speed, both aspects (speed and route running) will seem better, the speed makes the route running a little better, and vice versa. He still needs to work a little bit yet, but he has shown great improvement on basically a complete lack of route running as a rookie. He will be the source of quite a few big plays for the Dolphins this year.
Alot of fans and local media think that Pennington is holding Ginn back from big plays due to Pennington's lack of arm strength.