Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-20-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Matt Kalil, OT, USC

Is he better than Long and Thomas as a prospect ? And, who do you compare him to in the NFL ?
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

No he is not.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not as good as those two but he's definitely worth a top 3 pick. plays a little high at times, can get inconsistent technically and isn't the hulk that Long was/is in the running game. Thomas was a technician with his hands and feet that made him a can't miss left tackle.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL comparison ?
Old 11-20-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I'd put him equal to Long and behind Thomas as prospects. People like to forget that Long was viewed by more than a few people as a RT.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

I want the Rams to take him then move Saffold to RT and Jason Smith to RG
Old 11-20-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Personally, I'd put him equal to Long and behind Thomas as prospects. People like to forget that Long was viewed by more than a few people as a RT.
the thought was that long could play left tackle, but he would be an incredible right tackle and fit there b/c he didn't have the quickest feet for a top LT prospect. But yeah, I could see Kalil being close to Long as a prospect.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
the thought was that long could play left tackle, but he would be an incredible right tackle and fit there b/c he didn't have the quickest feet for a top LT prospect. But yeah, I could see Kalil being close to Long as a prospect.
A lot of people felt that way, yes, but I know of people who thought that he would have to play RT because of his lack of quick feet. Not saying I agree with that sentiment, because I absolutely disagreed, just saying that he wasn't the elite LT prospect many people like to remember him as, just as everyone tries to do with Peyton Manning despite the fact that plenty of people had Ryan Leaf as a better prospect.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
I want the Rams to take him then move Saffold to RT and Jason Smith to RG
Do you really want Saffold and Smith learning new positions? Smith has never played Guard in his life.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
NFL comparison ?
Michael Roos
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Do you really want Saffold and Smith learning new positions? Smith has never played Guard in his life.

Considering they aren't very good at their current ones, yes.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Considering they aren't very good at their current ones, yes.
But they are good. You just arent very patient.

Saffold was great last year, he's going through a sophomore slump this year, he's going to be a franchise Left Tackle.

Smith is an above average Right Tackle, he does need to work on his pass blocking skills but he is an absolute monster in the run game.

But yeah they're pathetic, lets make them change positions and draft another left tackle because we don't have sooo many other needs at all.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:

Saffold was great last year, he's going through a sophomore slump this year, he's going to be a franchise Left Tackle.

Smith is an above average Right Tackle, he does need to work on his pass blocking skills but he is an absolute monster in the run game.

But yeah they're pathetic, lets make them change positions and draft another left tackle because we don't have sooo many other needs at all.

The only reason they were ok last year was because they ran a quick passing offense. This year when they are using a 7 step drop for Sam, Saffold is getting abused. He is a below average LT. He would be a decent RT though. Sam is getting killed this year because of the o-line and you want to continue letting him ? Can you say Bulger and Carr ?
Old 11-21-2011, 02:06 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I view him as a Bulaga-type guy. A guy who can start at right tackle and move over to left after gaining enough knowledge. Hopefully...
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:16 AM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Better than Long, not as good as Thomas.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:59 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

They should go for Kalil...Saffold was drafted to play RT but had to play LT because of injuries from Jason Smith. This year Saffold has graded out as the 4th worst LT in the NFL. I think leg injuries and concussions have killed Jason Smith's chances to succeed and might do better at OG, he is inconsistent at tackle.

Kalil is a cornerstone where if your a team w/o a LT at that caliber you take him. I think they re-sign Lloyd and look past both Blalock and Floyd
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't it funny how teams with legit "franchise" left tackles really suck?

Cleveland
Miami
Denver
Carolina
even NYJ

And when you look at the best teams...

NE - 83 year old Matt Light
Baltimore - 800 lb. Bryant McKinnie
Pittsburgh - committee of suck
Houston - solid-but-unspectacular Duane Brown
GB - old man Clifton and unproven Marshall Newhouse
Detroit - the much maligned Jeff Backus
Chicago - J'Marcus ****ing Webb!
New Orleans - Jermon Bushrod, former backup to former franchise LT Jamaal Brown
San Fran - solid-bu-unspectacular Joe Staley

Is having a franchise LT really that important? Seems like spending big on a LT might be foolish.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post

Cleveland
Miami
Denver
Carolina
even NYJ

Is having a franchise LT really that important? Seems like spending big on a LT might be foolish.
This is an interesting point. It's all about who he is protecting, you need to have the QB first. I will exclude Carolina (and Denver they're winning with Tebow) because Newton's a rookie but all the other teams on your list of franchise LT's have dog **** QB's.

Matt Light has never been elite or realy close to it, but he is decent all around and good enough. Same with Clifton, same with Bushrod, and same with Backus. Give me a franchise QB with a decent LT over Joe Thomas and Colt McCoy or Jake Long and Matt Moore any day.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Cleveland
Miami
Denver
Carolina
even NYJ

Yeah it is. McKinnie has been pretty good protecting Flacco.

I bet if you asked Culter, he'd say yes. Watch him when he gets time in the pocket, which is very rare. He's pretty damn good. If only he had that type of protection on a consistant basis instead of making quick throws off his backfoot all the time.e
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Yeah it is. McKinnie has been pretty good protecting Flacco.
Not really. He is serviceable when Grubbs is next to him, but when Grubbs was out and Gurode was at LG it was a revolving door at both spots.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gross isn't a franchise LT anymore. Dude has lost it.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Cleveland
Miami
Denver
Carolina
even NYJ

committee of suck...lmao
Old 11-21-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's true... The way the game is played now you don't need a Anthony Muņoz. Does it help yeah, but how many teams do you know that line up 4 and drop 7 almost all the time? Two maybe, the Colts and Vikings. Teams are blitzing from everywhere to get the QB. So having one out of this world LT doesn't help you if the rest of the line is a joke.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A bit off topic, but I'd put Raiders LT Jared Veldheer as a potential elite LT in the NFL. He held Jared Allen to 0 sacks yesterday and has been a beast in pass and run blocking all season. When the Raiders run to the left behind Veldheer, we usually always get positive yards.

But back to Kalil, I still have him as a top 3 prospect and he should go top 5 in the draft. He has unreal talent, size and athleticism and a team will fall in love with him. I say Minnesota, Arizona and St. Louis are all possibly places he could go.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only reason they were ok last year was because they ran a quick passing offense. This year when they are using a 7 step drop for Sam, Saffold is getting abused. He is a below average LT. He would be a decent RT though. Sam is getting killed this year because of the o-line and you want to continue letting him ? Can you say Bulger and Carr ?
^^^^This!!^^^
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote