Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 11-21-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lions-Saints Week 13 matchup flexed to prime-time slot

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

This is awesome! More primetime for the Lions. Your thoughts?
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good, the Lions get pumped up for prime time games. I'm also glad that I don't have to worry about work getting in the way for the game. If we can get one of these games against Packers or Saints then we'll be in great position.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, now let's not **** the bed, our start off down 21 or something.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
BillySims
Rookie

Location: Look on a world globe. You can see where GOD set his left hand when he set this world to spinning.
BillySims is a cocksman.BillySims is a cocksman.BillySims is a cocksman.

With Suh, this was going to be a very tough game for us. Without him, I am afraid we are going to get nuked.

Leading the way back to respect !
BillySims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could appeal and still play this week, or take the penalty and start serving now. The Saints are a streaky team. Any team that gets thrashed by the Rams has a chance to get thrashed by us. We can score just as well as they can, and the team will get a good look at them tonight against the Giants.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-28-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see on the injuries to Delmas, Houston and Kevin Smith as well. If they miss and Suh is suspended going to be a long day against Brees. Dropping 7 no matter the pass rush against us appears to take away the WRs. Then the Lions gift points with several turnovers and stupid penalties or poor special teams coverage. Saints by 14 plus making Vikes,Raiders and Chargers must win games. 5-0 start ruined.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suh has 3 business days to appeal the suspension and the NFL has already stated that they will expedite the hearing to ensure that the penalty takes effect for this week's game, so no Suh.

Brees is in the zone as usual right now. I'm assuming a Lions loss. Unfortunately, we also need big days from KC and Houston (****!) to take down the Bears and Dirty Birds. GB should take the NYG without much of a problem, although it is in NY.

How bad is that CHI-KC game going to be with their QB situations? Gross.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

just in case you guys haven't had enough fun with it yet. Or haven't had your fill of seeing how much people have made Suh into Godzilla...well...here's Suh as a Godzilla that can throw orbs of energy at people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
This. Is. Awesome.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-30-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
just in case you guys haven't had enough fun with it yet. Or haven't had your fill of seeing how much people have made Suh into Godzilla...well...here's Suh as a Godzilla that can throw orbs of energy at people.
LMAO, that is one of the funniest football related things I have ever saw. I love how he hit Cutler with an energy orb. lol
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I should call charter and see if I can get Japanese Sportscenter.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-30-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I should call charter and see if I can get Japanese Sportscenter.
I'm pretty sure this is from Taiwan.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
I'm pretty sure this is from Taiwan.
I guess Taiwan does make everything now.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-05-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two weeks in a row now where we very well may have cost ourselves a win strictly because of undisciplined play. Despite having the talent to compete for a playoff spot, the general immaturity of the team, specifically the defense, needs to get straightened out and quick if we're to have a chance this year. This starts with Schwartz. Hindsight being what it is, Schwartz's little spat with Harbaugh a few weeks back may have had a bigger impact on the players then I would've thought. We got lucky the dirty birds, Bears and G-men all lost yesterday.

On another note, who else has been impressed with Amari Spievey? He's been great supporting the run, laying some hard hits, seems to be around the ball often and has a few picks. Surprise player of the year so far for me.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

my cable was out so I missed all of yesterday....I guess I'm kinda glad.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-05-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Schwartz but I've been thinking about making a run at Bill Cowher. I know he ran a 3-4 but maybe he would be attracted by the young players we have.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:08 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I would like to see Schwartz eject somebody like the Brian Price situation in Tampa. Don't eject Suh, but about anybody else if they get another stupid penalty.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-06-2011, 06:37 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

actually, seeing this I might not mind Suh being ejected too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp13295

Quote:
But two people in the car have since spoken to Portland TV station KGW, and their versions of the accident and its effects differ quite seriously from Suh's version at the scene. As a result, the police report has been amended to include passenger injuries, the possible reason for the crash and the number of passengers in the car — from two to three.

"When the light turned green, he floored it," one of the passengers, who asked to remain anonymous, told KGW. "I just remember going so fast and it was violent and just getting thrown around like rag dolls."

The woman told KGW that she suffered several injuries in the crash: a cut eyebrow, a black eye and a cut lip that required stitches. A second passenger verified the woman's claims but did not speak on camera.

Suh called 911 after the crash (listen to the call here) and said "Yes, everyone is fine" when the dispatcher asked, "Are you sure you don't need an ambulance?" But the woman said that she asked Suh to call an ambulance. Suh refused and told the woman that she was fine. From the scene of the accident, the woman walked away from the car and asked her husband to pick her up. She then was driven to the Oregon Health and Science University for treatment. The insurance company initially refused to pay for her injuries, doing so only when the police report was amended to support her story.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-06-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

Quote:
actually, seeing this I might not mind Suh being ejected too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp13295
Could just as easily be an attempt to cash in by the two passengers. Who knows with these types of incidents...

Old 12-07-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
Two weeks in a row now where we very well may have cost ourselves a win strictly because of undisciplined play. Despite having the talent to compete for a playoff spot, the general immaturity of the team, specifically the defense, needs to get straightened out and quick if we're to have a chance this year. This starts with Schwartz. Hindsight being what it is, Schwartz's little spat with Harbaugh a few weeks back may have had a bigger impact on the players then I would've thought. We got lucky the dirty birds, Bears and G-men all lost yesterday.

On another note, who else has been impressed with Amari Spievey? He's been great supporting the run, laying some hard hits, seems to be around the ball often and has a few picks. Surprise player of the year so far for me.
Run D good. Pass D some blown assigments. See Meachem long td against Wright. Spievey should have helped deep.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote