Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Montana/Brady debate. It's real now.

Just to say first and foremost I appreciate both players and what they've accomplished. With this victory I do think they are on the same level for greatest quarterback of all time. There are tons of factors and all in all, it depends how you look at it. But these two definitely stand alone together. If Brady wins another one, he'll surpass Joe.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:40 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was good to see Brady finally win a SB with a game winning drive ending in a TD throw.

That last NE drive did remind me of Montana.
I prefer Montana, but nevertheless both Brady and Joe Cool are peer QBs. Both have those similar traits and are unflappable under the brightest lights.

You see how Brady played tonight and know why IMO Peyton is a couple notches below him in terms of pure greatness.

I just don't see Peyton doing what Brady did against a suffocating Seattle D.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:41 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me know when Brady wins one without the assistance of a scandal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Oh shut the **** up
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me the debate is over. statistically brady is better raw and even comparative statistics. Brady not only won 4 but made it to the super bowl 2 times more. Add to that the disadvantage of salary cap era football it seems like a no brainer.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:45 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't condone cheating, but underinflating a football is about on par with wearing cleats that are a quarter inch too long. You don't win divisions or Lombardis because the football is underinflated.

Brady had one of the better games of his playoff career and nobody but the NFL had access to those footballs, so basically the drama over the ball deflation is being blown way out of proportion.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady accomplished more in a tougher era to do it.

Quote:
Deflategate is a farce. It has no impact on this debate.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:51 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deflategate, Spygate, general underhanded sh*t pulled by the Pats over the years. I'm not gonna praise a single member of that organization.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your bitterness amuses me

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post

Deflategate is a farce. It has no impact on this debate.
Tougher to keep guys, but the 1980s you had squads that kept together probowl players for 7-8 years on both sides of the football. Also the rule changes in today's game favor the offense, unlike in Montana's day.

QBs got absolutely crushed with head shots when Montana played.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Not sure about that. Montana was getting knocked around by Lawrence Taylor and Rickey Jackson and didn't have the kind of protection quarterbacks get from the NFL now.

I'd say tougher on paper in terms of salary cap era and free agency. At the same time, while the 49ers got to keep a lot of their players year after year, so did their competition.

Quote:
Old 02-01-2015, 09:53 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super Bowls aside, I think that the answer is Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas, and Otto Graham -- in no particular order.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:53 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Brady plays in the most pussified era in NFL history. You're not allowed to even breathe on the quarterback anymore. Of course Montana is better. You put him in today's league and he'd laugh at the lack of contact for the position.

Quote:
Old 02-01-2015, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Super Bowls aside, I think that the answer is Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas, and Otto Graham -- in no particular order.
You forgot Elway. I've always considered Elway GOAT with Marino 1B or tight 2nd.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:59 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
To win a single SB game, there's no way that's the top 5 NFL QBs in league history.

Brady knows how to close things out in important games neither Peyton nor Marino could even imagine.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:59 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

1A. Johnny Unitas
1B. Joe Montana
1C. Peyton Manning
4. Dan Marino
5. Steve Young
6. John Elway
7. Otto Graham
8. Tom Brady
9. Brett Favre
10. Fran Tarkenton

Quote:
Old 02-01-2015, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Yeah. Rings aside. A lot of my favorite quarterbacks never won a ring. Moon, McNair, Fouts, Brunell.

Quote:
Old 02-01-2015, 10:05 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

I'm not a Pats fan by a long shot, but I'm so glad he shut up the Legion of Boo-boo.

Come on, give Brady his due. The man led this franchise to SIX SUPERBOWLS. He won four.
All these other QBs need to fall back, except maybe Montana, Elway and a couple others.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I'm not a Pats fan by a long shot, but I'm so glad he shut up the Legion of Boo-boo.

Come on, give Brady his due. The man led this franchise to SIX SUPERBOWLS. He won four.
All these other QBs need to fall back, except maybe Montana, Elway and a couple others.
Legion of boo boo. Classic.

Quote:
Old 02-01-2015, 10:24 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had a choice of any QB during their prime, I wouldn't want any other QB than Tom Brady.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brady plays in the most pussified era in NFL history. You're not allowed to even breathe on the quarterback anymore. Of course Montana is better. You put him in today's league and he'd laugh at the lack of contact for the position.
Yeah except Jerry Rice would have a salary that is a lion share of the salary cap after his rookie contract. You have to pay Montana at some point. You get to bring in Steve Young. How do you get half that roster together?

Last edited by Lil Quip : 02-01-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your tears in these threads. Let me taste them.

On note, Idk about better than Montana, but those last two drives by Brady were ******* masterfully done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
To me the debate is over. statistically brady is better raw and even comparative statistics. Brady not only won 4 but made it to the super bowl 2 times more. Add to that the disadvantage of salary cap era football it seems like a no brainer.
I agree, IMO, Brady is the greatest of all time. 6 SB is an amazing feat in the FA era where NE only has 2 players left from his first 3 wins. I take my hat off to him. I'm not a NE fan and at my age, I got to see all the QB's from the early 50's till now and this last win sealed the title for Brady.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 02-01-2015 at 10:53 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:53 PM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 7DnBrnc53 7DnBrnc53 7DnBrnc53 7DnBrnc53 7DnBrnc53 7DnBrnc53 7DnBrnc53 7DnBrnc53 7DnBrnc53 7DnBrnc53

Brady won four SB's, but in most of NE's 6 SB appearances in the Brady-Belichick era, a play or two either way could have made a big difference.

Tonight is an example. If Kearse makes that catch in the third quarter, or if the Hawks rush up the middle on 3rd and 14 instead of letting Brady step up in a completely clean pocket, the Hawks probably win.

I don't judge QB's solely on the postseason (because it is a team game), but if you want to play this game, Montana and Bradshaw were 4-0 in Super Bowls.

Montana won two of his decisively. And, Bradshaw had more big-time memorable passes in his SB wins than Brady had, like the passes to Swann in SB X and the passes to Swann and Stallworth in XIV.
7DnBrnc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:55 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
Brady won four SB's, but in most of NE's 6 SB appearances in the Brady-Belichick era, a play or two either way could have made a big difference.

Tonight is an example. If Kearse makes that catch in the third quarter, or if the Hawks rush up the middle on 3rd and 14 instead of letting Brady step up in a completely clean pocket, the Hawks probably win.

I don't judge QB's solely on the postseason (because it is a team game), but if you want to play this game, Montana and Bradshaw were 4-0 in Super Bowls.

Montana won two of his decisively. And, Bradshaw had more big-time memorable passes in his SB wins than Brady had, like the passes to Swann in SB X and the passes to Swann and Stallworth in XIV.
Trolling multiple forums, you do you 7DnBrnc53.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote