Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very pleased with Bradley in Jacksonville. Finally, someone Jaguars fans can be excited about!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Arians will take the AZ job, but I am wondering why he's even going through with the interview. He's on record saying he wouldn't just go anywhere, it would have to be a right situation with an established QB, etc etc. The AZ job has to be the worst available. Just wait til next year BA, some more jobs will open up.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I don't think Arians will take the AZ job, but I am wondering why he's even going through with the interview. He's on record saying he wouldn't just go anywhere, it would have to be a right situation with an established QB, etc etc. The AZ job has to be the worst available. Just wait til next year BA, some more jobs will open up.
Could get him some more money from Indy to stick around.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
it is also the best available as it is the only available HC job

there are only 32 spots as a 60 year old man I would take what I could get

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradley is already going after Pete Carmichael Jr for OC. Don't know why he would go from NO to Jax unless being the playcaller is that important to him. So I'm not getting too excited about this.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Bradley is already going after Pete Carmichael Jr for OC. Don't know why he would go from NO to Jax unless being the playcaller is that important to him. So I'm not getting too excited about this.
I imagine it would be, being the offensive coordinator and all.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I imagine it would be, being the offensive coordinator and all.
You're trying to be a smartass but you're failing. He's only called plays in his 4 years in New Orleans when Payton was out, so it's reasonable to think he has no problem being a non-play-calling OC.

Let's see your response.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
You're trying to be a smartass but you're failing. He's only called plays in his 4 years in New Orleans when Payton was out, so it's reasonable to think he has no problem being a non-play-calling OC.

Let's see your response.
I'm not failing. I'm a total smartass.

Just because he did something doesn't mean he wouldn't like the opportunity to do something else. Unless you can prove that he turned down multiple offers to be an OC where he could call plays, all that him being in NO proves is that he took an opportunity that was available. My job isn't that bad, but I'd take a better one with more responsibility and pay the minute it comes along.

You said you didn't know why; I told you.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm not failing. I'm a total smartass.

Just because he did something doesn't mean he wouldn't like the opportunity to do something else. Unless you can prove that he turned down multiple offers to be an OC where he could call plays, all that him being in NO proves is that he took an opportunity that was available. My job isn't that bad, but I'd take a better one with more responsibility and pay the minute it comes along.

You said you didn't know why; I told you.
"Unless being a playcaller is that important to him."

You replied to me just to agree with what I said. Nice job.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm curious to see if Gus uses the same scheme in Jacksonville that he had in Seattle.

I would assume he runs a more traditional Tampa 2 system over there.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a division opponent, I'm happier to see the Eagles get Chip Kelly then Gus. I don't know how either guy will be as a HC but I would be afraid of the Eagles getting a defense similiar to Seattle. I'm just not worried about a guy like Kelly being a 1st time head coach, it just seems like it wouldn't be that far fetched to see him running back to College in a few years if things don't go right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Especially in Philadelphia. He better have thick skin. He's gonna go from being a God to the biggest jerk in the world the second he screws up a 3rd down call in the 4th quarter.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

He gets to be the OC for Andrew Luck going into his second season, I don't think he has to take any offer that comes along just for the sake of it. The Arizona job isn't a very attractive one because it's not that you just don't have a QB you are being forced fed at least one QB who is bad and has a terrible contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Arians will be a hot candidate next year as well. Why not sit out another year, make your resume look better with 2 years of Andrew Luck, then try it again?

He's already 60. Being 61 won't make or break him. People who hire him understand they're hiring an old coach.

I just want to see everyone turn it down so the Cardinals are forced to give it to Ray Horton. Then I want Ray Horton to thrive.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks wasted no time and hired Dan Quinn as DC. wow.

I did not know that Pete CarMichael Jr is available. Jets should get him.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Seahawks wasted no time and hired Dan Quinn as DC. wow.

I did not know that Pete CarMichael Jr is available. Jets should get him.
No one with any options wants to work for the Jets right now. It's gotten that bad, nobody wants their name associated with that organization.

It's gotten so bad that coaches that were employed by the Jets all jumped ship for lateral positions the second they got a chance. Think about that.

You're not getting any coaches who have options. You can't even give away the GM position. It's just a nightmare right now.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shouldn't fire the GM but keep the coach. I'm not sure I can think of a situation where that has ever really worked out. (At least in the time I've been following football.)

The coach usually ends up getting fired within the following year or two anyway.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Darrell Bevell would seem the obvious choice for a couple of differant reasons.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He gets to be the OC for Andrew Luck going into his second season, I don't think he has to take any offer that comes along just for the sake of it. The Arizona job isn't a very attractive one because it's not that you just don't have a QB you are being forced fed at least one QB who is bad and has a terrible contract.
95% of the contract isn't guaranteed Kolb can easily be cut any time AZ wants

Arians press conference in 35 minutes

Old 01-17-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike McCoy is not dumb after all. Ken Whisenhurst is his OC now. Nice hire.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Shouldn't fire the GM but keep the coach. I'm not sure I can think of a situation where that has ever really worked out. (At least in the time I've been following football.)

The coach usually ends up getting fired within the following year or two anyway.

If there is some sense of impossible to turn around the franchise then incumbent head coach is better off to be kept. New head coach will have a hard time to deal with this kind of difficulty. New GM will start to clean up slowly and then hire new head coach when a cap room is outstanding.

Pete Carroll made over 100 moves during salary-less season. Jets couldn't be able to do that under hard salary cap.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

One thing is for sure, it seems like this is Rex Ryan's one and final HC opportunity in the league. It's become painfully obvious that no GM wants this guy to be their HC bc of the distraction he brings with him. So if he doesn't succeed in NY in the next 2 years, he can probably kiss his HC days goodbye.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Arians presser in 8 minutes or so

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos-ph...ive-video.html

Old 01-17-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
One thing is for sure, it seems like this is Rex Ryan's one and final HC opportunity in the league. It's become painfully obvious that no GM wants this guy to be their HC bc of the distraction he brings with him. So if he doesn't succeed in NY in the next 2 years, he can probably kiss his HC days goodbye.

Rex Ryan is not the reason GM passed on Jets. Many GMs chickened out because they could not turn around Jets in no time.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Rex Ryan is not the reason GM passed on Jets. Many GMs chickened out because they could not turn around Jets in no time.
They passed on the position bc they didn't want Rex Ryan to be their coach. Nor Mark Sanchez to be their qb.

GMs go into positions understanding that they have a lot of work ahead of them and have to rebuild. That's why the position was open to begin with. Rebuilding isn't the reason no one wants the job. Rex Ryan is the reason why no one wants the job.