Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go ahead and hire Bowles. We will take Horton off of your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I've heard Tom Moore & Ray Horton as OC/DC

he mentioned both in his press conference earlier so maybe that's where the rumors is coming from
Holy ****. That's some star power at the coordinator spots.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Go ahead and hire Bowles. We will take Horton off of your hands.
Yeah, you're going to be fighting over him with everyone else who doesn't have a good DC.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Yeah, you're going to be fighting over him with everyone else who doesn't have a good DC.
HEY! Don't rain on my parade, bro! I'd be fine with one of the guys we interviewed with...but Horton would be siiiiiiiiiiiick.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

So supposedly Arians has promised Bowles the job regardless of where he took a Head gig....so wow...Horton may be on his way out.

http://arizonasports.com/40/1602542/...-IN-HORTON-OUT

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not a reliable site but it doesn't sound too promising

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol.....poor Larry Fitz. That organization sucks.

Trestman, feel free to make friends with Horton. Kind of a weird fit, but they'll make it work.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
lol.....poor Larry Fitz. That organization sucks.

Trestman, feel free to make friends with Horton. Kind of a weird fit, but they'll make it work.
Agreed. My first thoughts upon hearing about it. It might be the only way I don't consider this offseason one massive downgrade of the coaching staff.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So 7/8 head coaches hired were offensive guys. Teams want a guy who can develop a QB or run that side of the ball. Only exception was the Jaguars with Gus Bradley.

Guess Lovie Smith will have to wait a year. Maybe its beneficial for him to take a year off and just regroup.

Looking ahead to next year, i think Rex Ryan, Jason Garrett, Jim Schwartz, Mike Munchak, Dennis Allen, and Ron Rivera are on the hotseat for HC's. GM wise, Martin Mayhew, Jeff Ireland, Ruston Webster/whoever the Titans GM is could be on the hotseat.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As rumored, Bowles is in as Arizona's DC, and Horton is out. Rumor has it Philly wants Horton, but that's still very fluid.

Hackenberg vs Morris vs Browne!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
As rumored, Bowles is in as Arizona's DC, and Horton is out. Rumor has it Philly wants Horton, but that's still very fluid.
Everyone is gonna want Horton.

Edit: Everyone who has a mediocre DC or no DC at all at least.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess for Colts new OC is Marty Mornhinweg. Philly connection with Grigson, WC offense that Luck is familiar with, and his only other job interest right now appears to be with the Jets. I would assume the Colts would be the more attractive team unless he really values living in a big east coast city.

What's the word on Mornhinweg? Didn't Reid pretty much control the offense?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Apparently, Horton blew up at his new GM when he wasn't promoted to be the HC when McCoy went to SD. Actually yelled at him. Probably did it on purpose to make it easier to fire him so he can go wherever he wants.

Bowles only knows the 4-3, right?

The only people in the world that are going to be happy about Bowles are Campbell and Dockett. I'm sure they're both ready to go back to a 4-3.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
My guess for Colts new OC is Marty Mornhinweg. Philly connection with Grigson, WC offense that Luck is familiar with, and his only other job interest right now appears to be with the Jets. I would assume the Colts would be the more attractive team unless he really values living in a big east coast city.

No, Mart called the offense while he was here...Be careful with him...he will celebrate getting his new job by dialing up 75 passes a game.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was rumored a week ago that the Rams were hiring Rob Ryan as the new DC. But it hasn't happened yet and it has been strangely silent all week. No real news has been leaking out regarding the Rams and what Fish is planning on doing.

It may be that he has been waiting to see what would happen with Horton when the Cards finally hired their new HC.

I gotta believe that Fish will be all over a guy like Horton. And since we had the dubious pleasure to face his defense twice a year, Fish knows personally how well he had that Arizona defense playing.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Idk why Fish isn't looking for a 4-3 guy. He would be an idiot to change that defense with what he's got in place right now, IMO.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post

They might be interested in Cameron if he was/is on good terms with Pagano. You better hope not though.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chiefs wind up with Horton or Ryan it they would be early winners in this off season.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Jerry Jones trying to hire Houston Nutt.

Fits with the OC rumors and Jerruh's love of all things Arkansas.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jerry Jones trying to hire Houston Nutt.

Fits with the OC rumors and Jerruh's love of all things Arkansas.
Cowboys fans hate when you make any Arkansas / Dallas connection - I mentioned Tyler Wilson going to the Cowboys partly due to him being at Arkansas and was quickly criticized...lol
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Cowboys fans hate when you make any Arkansas / Dallas connection - I mentioned Tyler Wilson going to the Cowboys partly due to him being at Arkansas and was quickly criticized...lol
Well the connections exist, so maybe they should stop bitching.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Well the connections exist, so maybe they should stop bitching.
Yea but in some ways they can have a somewhat legitimate gripe - Jones hasn't really gone out of his way to draft Arkansas guys besides Felix Jones.

I do think Tyler Wilson is on the Cowboys radar though - moreso because they need to groom Romo's successor. Romo is what he is.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boy, Horton caught screwed over by the Cards pretty badly. Pretty classless move on their part. I am sure he will land somewhere quickly.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
Boy, Horton caught screwed over by the Cards pretty badly. Pretty classless move on their part. I am sure he will land somewhere quickly.
Did Horton interview for other positions? It wasn't like AZ was forbidding him from interviewing and trying to impress another team. Don't put all your eggs in one basket - especially in the cut-throat world of the NFL. Something should of told him he wasn't the guy when he interviewed for the job a few weeks ago and they were still interviewing other potential candidates.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Apparently, Horton blew up at his new GM when he wasn't promoted to be the HC when McCoy went to SD. Actually yelled at him. Probably did it on purpose to make it easier to fire him so he can go wherever he wants.

Bowles only knows the 4-3, right?

The only people in the world that are going to be happy about Bowles are Campbell and Dockett. I'm sure they're both ready to go back to a 4-3.
Bowles has done both. He did the 4-3 in Philly and did the 3-4 in Miami and Dallas although he was only a positions coach then.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote