Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Use another QB then...Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, etc. You think having the best OC in the league instead of Gruden would be as good as having one of those QB's instead of Dalton?
Yes they would because Gruden puts QBs in bad situations where it is 3 and long a majority of time. Watch the Bengals game Film. If the Bengals had a QB that could check out of plays at the line of scrimmage a majority of time then the Bengals would be fine.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh god.

Let me just get this straight...

Andy Dalton + Best OC = Rodgers/Brady/Brees + Gruden

???

Ffs, i'm too tired for this.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh god.

???

I haven't seen enough of the Cincinnati Bengals in a couple of years, so I really don't know how good or bad Gruden is, but I kinda get what he's saying.

There are some OC's who it doesn't matter who the QB is, the playcalling is just so atrocious that nobody could succeed, with playcalling so predictable that everyone from the fans in the stands to the opposing team to the cameramen to the referees knows what's coming.

And before anyone asks, no I'm not talking about Brian Scottenheimer.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh god.

???

So it is physically impossible to put a QB in bad situations? So there are just bad QBs not coaches got you.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-21-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm put this hear Bengal fans. Don't be blind to saying your QB struggles are on the OC. Josh Freeman got Greg Olson fired in Tampa and Olson has done fairly well in Oakland with the lack of Talent. Everyone was quick to blame Olson for Freeman struggles, you couldnt see that until now, that Freeman was an idiot that couldnt read defenses.

I'm starting to be convinced no one likes their OC.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I'm put this hear Bengal fans. Don't be blind to saying your QB struggles are on the OC. Josh Freeman got Greg Olson fired in Tampa and Olson has done fairly well in Oakland with the lack of Talent. Everyone was quick to blame Olson for Freeman struggles, you couldnt see that until now, that Freeman was an idiot that couldnt read defenses.

I'm pretty happy with Josh McD. He does some baffling things, but is really good at finding weaknesses in the opposing defense that even hardcore fans might not even realize are there, and his connection with Brady is on a level that simply isn't matched anywhere else.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if McDaniels was given more time in Denver. Maybe he had some master plan that didn't have time to develop yet. Tebow could have been even more awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His plan involved getting rid of all his good players, drafting ****** ones and building around Tim Tebow. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he was thinking complete tear down. Losing Cutler was a huge mistake though. It was a mistake of an inexperienced head coach.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 12-21-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:

I am not blind I said Dalton is Average-Good at Best some of the throws are his fault, but Jay Gruden does not help him by forcing this team to run BJGE on 1st and 2nd down and to the outside when we have a stud rookie RB. Gruden does not help QBs by putting them in 3rd in long situations a majority of the time on 3rd down.

I have hated Jay Gruden since last playoff game and this is why

Quote:
During the Bengals’ playoff loss to the Texans, we noted how odd it was that Cincinnati’s offensive game plan seemed to be ignoring wide receiver A.J. Green. Unsurprisingly, Green felt the same way.

Green said this week that the Bengals’ coaches thought they could create mismatches with tight end Jermaine Gresham, and that’s why Gresham got five passes thrown his way in the first half, while Green got zero.

“It’s tough in a big game and you’re the go to guy and you don’t get the ball in the first half. It’s all frustrating,” he said. “They had a game plan that had a matchup problem with Jermaine and they felt like they could go to him. Things happen like that. All games aren’t perfect. That’s one thing we need to build on. We just need to capitalize. Not only getting me the ball, but just making some of the big plays.”
Gresham dropped almost every pass that game, but for some reason they continued to throw to him in the 1st half. Jay Gruden even came out after the game and admitted that he did not AJ Green to get the ball.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-21-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whisenhunt should have been fired on the spot after failing to hand the ball off in a 1st and goal at the 1 situation in Washington (besides an atrocious shotgun play). he's been at least serviceable most of the rest of the year though with a few exceptions. Pagano the DC should probably go, but there's so little talent on the SD defense it's hard to make that call. Would love to see Wade Phillips back though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I like Jedd Fisch a lot.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if McDaniels was given more time in Denver. Maybe he had some master plan that didn't have time to develop yet. Tebow could have been even more awesome
The moves people hated were getting rid of bad seeds and malcontents and bringing in smart players with the right mindset. He got rid of Cutler because he knew he couldn't get to Cutler, and he got rid of Marshall because Marshall was a giant distraction. It's paying off for John Fox now. The offensive line and the main weapons are all McD's moves.

His plan to fix Tebow was an egotistical mistake, but watching Tebow after McD has had time with him, you can see that he knew how to fix him even if he was wrong for trying.

He'll get another head coaching gig. He was mostly ready to be a head coach, but he needed to be humbled. His mistakes were not being able to get along with the defensive staff and not being ready to handle the responsibility of being both the HC and in charge of player personnel.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

Quote:

I would try to like my team's offensive coordinator, but the last time that happened, he was fired. And then he died.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF Rex Ryan gets fired and DL retires, I would love for him to be the DC. He RR always speaks highly of Lebeau and I would think he'd like to take over for one of the coaches he admires a lot. That said, I don't see it happening.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

If Rex is available everyone is gonna want him for DC. Sadly I see them actually keeping him for some reason.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 12-22-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex Ryan is a very good head coach. He just needs a quarterback.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rex Ryan is a very good head coach. He just needs a quarterback.
He had one when Tebow was there but he had a dumb ass coaching staff and couldn't or didn't want to coach him up. Doesn't deserve to be a hc after that mess.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troll level: Expert

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
He had one when Tebow was there but he had a dumb ass coaching staff and couldn't or didn't want to coach him up. Doesn't deserve to be a hc after that mess.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saying y'all. They didn't even play Tebow really. Jets screwed him over.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Just saying y'all. They didn't even play Tebow really. Jets screwed him over.
They shou've signed Robinson Ceno.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Lovie had a 7 hour interview with the Texans.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 12-22-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lovie should stick to being a DC. He got lucky he wasn't fired sooner.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Lovie should stick to being a DC. He got lucky he wasn't fired sooner.
Yeah I think he's a great defensive mind but he's always struggled to have a competent staff and players on the offensive side of the ball
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote