Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ok with Koetter. But I don't expect **** next year, and the entire staff will be gone. So...whatever.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Some team will think bringing aboard Philbin and signing/trading for Matt Flynn will give them a pseudo-packers offense for next season. They will fail miserably, and I will once again laugh about how yes, I could do a better job then these jabronis.
Yeah, but you arent in that coaching circle. They are, so you lose.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McDaniel's back to NE?
I'm not sure how I feel about that.
He's was awesome when he was here but he's been terrible since he left.
Not sure which one we're getting.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
McDaniel's back to NE?
I'm not sure how I feel about that.
He's was awesome when he was here but he's been terrible since he left.
Not sure which one we're getting.
He was awesome in NE the first time because he had Brady and Moss and he could call 9 routes every play. When the 9 wasnt open, check down to Welker lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be thrilled. I'm fully prepared to be tarred and feathered for saying that here though, haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're not worried he'd fail to use Gronk effectively? He got to Denver, drafted a blocking TE and sent Tony Sheffler packing. I can't even name a St. Louis TE. I don't think you guys had any worthwhile TEs when he was there last.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
You're not worried he'd fail to use Gronk effectively? He got to Denver, drafted a blocking TE and sent Tony Sheffler packing. I can't even name a St. Louis TE. I don't think you guys had any worthwhile TEs when he was there last.
Hoomamanula? or something like that. Oh, and that have Randy McMichael, I think. Maybe? I might be close.

*checks it out*

Oh, it was Michael Hoomanawanui, Lance Kendricks, and Billy Bajema as tight ends. McMicheal was with them 2 years ago.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 01-06-2012 at 06:00 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
His Gronkness is an elite player. When you have an elite player, these things tend to work themselves out. So while it's a bit of a different situation and something I would be cautious about, he's never had a tight end like Gronk. To his credit, when he was here, getting the ball to Ben Watson was always a buzz term. He just couldn't catch it. Gronk actually fits into the McDaniel's New England offense far better than Watson does. People forget it, but Gronk played from a spread style system at Arizona and did quite well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie McKenzie is officially the Raiders new GM, and I am super excited. McKenzie is very qualified for the job and I can't wait to see who he brings in to control our defense to go with Hue's offense. I'm hoping he brings Winston Moss from the Packers staff in to be our DC....

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Reggie McKenzie is officially the Raiders new GM, and I am super excited. McKenzie is very qualified for the job and I can't wait to see who he brings in to control our defense to go with Hue's offense. I'm hoping he brings Winston Moss from the Packers staff in to be our DC....
What are the rumors in Raider Nation? Is McKenzie going to give Hue a year to see how things work out between them? I wouldn't be stunned if they made a change this off-season, but it might be tricky if McKenzie is busy being a Packer-in-name-only until they're done with the postseason.

I think it's worth pointing out that McKenzie was in GB to watch Ted Thompson piss away a year trying to "make it work" with Mike Sherman.

Last edited by WCH : 01-06-2012 at 07:50 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Sparano is an old school run first guy that doesn't work in today's NFL
Jim Harbaugh led the 49ers to 13 wins with that mentality.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I think it's worth pointing out that McKenzie was in GB to watch Ted Thompson piss away a year trying to "make it work" with Mike Sherman.
When Ted Thompson took over as GM Sherman had just won his third consecutive division title...
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I would be thrilled. I'm fully prepared to be tarred and feathered for saying that here though, haha.
I know Brodeur along with myself have faith that McDaniels can be a good OC. So you are not completely alone.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
When Ted Thompson took over as GM Sherman had just won his third consecutive division title...
I'm not sure if this post is implying that Sherman shouldn't have been fired, or that Hue should be.

When Thompson took over, Sherman had also just been stripped of GM duties after laying another egg in the playoffs, and Bob Harlan said that the decision to relieve him as GM was made much earlier (after week five), and he was leaving coaching decisions up to the new GM. Everybody -- everybody -- knew what was coming. There were even conspiracy theories that Thompson intentionally sabotaged that first season just so nobody could object to firing Sherman.

Last edited by WCH : 01-06-2012 at 09:11 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'm not sure if this post is implying that Sherman shouldn't have been fired, or that Hue should be.

When Thompson took over, Sherman had also just been stripped of GM duties after laying another egg in the playoffs, and Bob Harlan said that the decision to relieve him as GM was made much earlier (after week five), and he was leaving coaching decisions up to the new GM. Everybody -- everybody -- knew what was coming. There were even conspiracy theories that Thompson intentionally sabotaged that first season just so nobody could object to firing Sherman.
It's saying that there was no basis for firing Sherman the first year Thompson got there, so he didn't "piss away a season".
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisher Expected to be named Rams HC nextweek.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
Fisher Expected to be named Rams HC nextweek.
Yep looks that way. ESPN in St. Louis said he should be named HC early next week. Basically the only reason why he isnt "named" the HC now is because I dont believe the Rams have interviewed a minority coach yet.

So Dolphins have struck out....again. On to plan B....

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Yep looks that way. ESPN in St. Louis said he should be named HC early next week. Basically the only reason why he isnt "named" the HC now is because I dont believe the Rams have interviewed a minority coach yet.

He's got a lot of work to do in St. Louis. Although I think he chose them because he'll probably have more control than he would in Miami.

Miami could hire Joe Philbin and bring in Matt Flynn as there new QB. They've got a good team and really need a QB.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
He's got a lot of work to do in St. Louis. Although I think he chose them because he'll probably have more control than he would in Miami.

Miami could hire Joe Philbin and bring in Matt Flynn as there new QB. They've got a good team and really need a QB.
Meh. I think Joe Philbin is overrated and Im not feeling Flynn either. I think Flynn is going to be another Kevin Kolb. The only way I would be cool with Philbin is if he could bring Aaron Rodgers and McCarthy with him.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yes they have, Ray Horton.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mort and Schefter just reported it's between the Cowboys and Jets for Sparano as an offensive assistant. He has a history in Dallas, but is from the North East and will probably get more control with the Jets, so it should be close.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
Yes they have, Ray Horton.
Then I expect either later today or tomorrow when we will hear Fisher has accepted the Rams job.

And on much brighter news...Dolphins will interview Mike Mularkey for their HC job. Shoot me now.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Mort and Schefter just reported it's between the Cowboys and Jets for Sparano as an offensive assistant. He has a history in Dallas, but is from the North East and will probably get more control with the Jets, so it should be close.
Good let him go to the Jets and **** up their OL. Maybe he will bring Marc Colombo with him.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good let him go to the Jets and **** up their OL. Maybe he will bring Marc Colombo with him.
He really gave that impression on the Dolphins?

He was great for the Cowboys.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
He really gave that impression on the Dolphins?

He was great for the Cowboys.
He thought Colombo was starting material and his ego was too big to make a switch to the better player. What do you think?

And it wasnt just this year but ever since he got to Miami he liked to screw around the OL and change it every ******* season. Even after our OL was pretty damn good in 08 he still wanted to make some changes. Those changes made it worse in 09.