Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Adam Schefter
"Redskins TE coach Sean McVay is expected to become Washington's OC, per league sources, Raheem Morris the likely defensive coordinator." (seems Mcshay edited that tweet since, guess it is haslett.)

Hue Jackson as Cincy's OC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
@JasonLaCanfora 7m
Jim Haslett will remain the Redskins D coordinator in Washington, according to sources on Jay Gruden's new staff

Lol.
well, which is it?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
well, which is it?
Schefter amended his tweet to say Morris was a candidate as opposed to likely. We'll see in time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:46 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one is a report that supposedly kept haslett, the other a tweet edited to remove the part with morris (once you click it).

dont think theres a choice.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
one is a report that supposedly kept haslett, the other a tweet edited to remove the part with morris (once you click it).

dont think theres a choice.
This. Also ROFL.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:54 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Bengals fans rejoice!
Pretty sweet deal for Cincy. I know Dalton was Gruden's guy and after struggling in the playoffs again, interested to see if they bring in a young guy to possibly compete/develop a-la what SF did with Kaepernick and Alex Smith.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Pretty sweet deal for Cincy. I know Dalton was Gruden's guy and after struggling in the playoffs again, interested to see if they bring in a young guy to possibly compete/develop a-la what SF did with Kaepernick and Alex Smith.
They should bring in a vet. Peter King said the other day that the Bengals really wanted Fitzpatrick this offseason but Fitz thought with the Titans he'd have a better chance to play. Part of me wonders if they had Fitzpatrick, would they have turned to him in one or two games this season.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:58 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I read this as you saying bring a young guy to compete with RG3 and Kirk Cousins and was utterly confused lol.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:02 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hue Jackson as Cincy's OC.
If Hue accepts the position, I wonder who Zimmer would choose as his OC if he lands either the Vikings or Titans job...would he bring along Ken Zampese (he worked with Ernie in Dallas IIRC) or perhaps Chan Gailey ? Joe Lombardi could be a name to consider as well, given Zim and Payton have worked together in the past and are former Parcells disciples.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im happy. Until Zim leaves then I will be depressed.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's interesting to me is how Jon Gruden kept slobbing Cousins knob during Redskin games this year, I wonder if Jay feels the same way (brothers talk and stuff), and with Jay running a traditional WCO I wonder if he ultimately starts favoring Cousins over RG3 if Bob doesn't get his head out of his ass.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:43 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
They should bring in a vet. Peter King said the other day that the Bengals really wanted Fitzpatrick this offseason but Fitz thought with the Titans he'd have a better chance to play. Part of me wonders if they had Fitzpatrick, would they have turned to him in one or two games this season.
Maybe. Frankly they could do both. Dalton's probably on par with most available veteran QB's so you obviously get a lot more upside with a young guy. They've got a really talented team in Cincy, it'd be a shame if they're never able to make a run simply because of QB play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I read this as you saying bring a young guy to compete with RG3 and Kirk Cousins and was utterly confused lol.
Nope, definitely talking about the Bengals there though I can see why that was unclear.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did somebody mention Chan Gailey? He wouldn't really work out well in Minneapolis or Nashville, with his "stand and shoot" offense (like the run and shoot but without the constant rollouts; it's 4-WR with the QB standing in the pocket). Whoever gets the Detroit job could hire Gailey, who would convert Joseph Fauria to a slot WR (which he was at UCLA anyway), have Megatron Johnson, Ryan Broyles, Nate Burleson, and Fauria the starters at WR, and save TE Brandon Pettigrew for the red zone.

Do you really want to promote Sean McVay to OC in Washington? He was their tight ends coach and he let Fred Davis go down the tubes.

I would like to see Ryan Mallet, Brock Osweiler, and Ryan Nassib get traded and get a shot at starting. They got sucked into black holes and are stuck behind Tom Brady and the Manning brothers.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What's interesting to me is how Jon Gruden kept slobbing Cousins knob during Redskin games this year, I wonder if Jay feels the same way (brothers talk and stuff), and with Jay running a traditional WCO I wonder if he ultimately starts favoring Cousins over RG3 if Bob doesn't get his head out of his ass.
Knowing Jay, he will use Cousins for a read-option and RG3 for a pocket passing attack.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-09-2014, 09:57 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Knowing Jay, he will use Cousins for a read-option and RG3 for a pocket passing attack.
Maybe you guys can hire Chud and he will air it out for you and get his revenge on Cleveland.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Maybe you guys can hire Chud and he will air it out for you and get his revenge on Cleveland.
I would like Chud but it sounds like Hue is our guy.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-09-2014, 10:31 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Zimmer going to Minny (yeah, another defensive minded HC, but this one has emotion, and a longer track record)

I can also see Whiz to Tennessee. He could work wonders with Locker, who actually looked like a good QB earlier this season. He would have an initial issue with CJ's morale.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whiz needs to go to Detroit.

Whiz would be an excellent hire for Detroit, and I think he probably would favor Detroit over Cleveland or Tennessee anyway.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:50 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Gruden walks into Snyder's office to sign his contract.

Snyder says: "You told me we hired J.Gruden. Who the hell is this guy?" ;)
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Part of me feels that Jon Gruden was waiting for his brother to get a HC gig before he threw his hat back in the mix. Now that Jay has a HC position, it'll be interesting to see if Jon is more aggressive in his search from now on.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jon Gruden doesn't coach for a while. Same with Dungy and Cowher.

They've already got their ring, they have cushy jobs, which are probably pretty high paying, with nowhere near the stress of an NFL head coach.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It's ego. Coaching pays more, and they've been coaches their whole adult life they're just wired differently. They love the hours, the stress, etc. It's part of their DNA now.

Plus they always have sports media as a security blanket. Those jobs are always waiting for them whenever they want it. Whereas coaching comes with an expiration date.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Jay Gruden walks into Snyder's office to sign his contract.

Snyder says: "You told me we hired J.Gruden. Who the hell is this guy?" ;)
You are assuming Snyder even knows the difference.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's ego. Coaching pays more, and they've been coaches their whole adult life they're just wired differently. They love the hours, the stress, etc. It's part of their DNA now.
Then how come Gruden, Cowher, and Jimmy Johnson, and Mike Ditka are still in a TV studio and not the sidelines?
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Then how come Gruden, Cowher, and Jimmy Johnson, and Mike Ditka are still in a TV studio and not the sidelines?
Gruden already said numerous times he wants back in, he just hasn't found the right fit yet. Cowher almost became the Jets HC before Rex. Ditka was too incompetent to come back. Jimmy is just a different dude.

And let's not forget the countless coaches who have come in and out of the broadcast booth because they got the itch back. Some of course want to stay in broadcasting but a lot of these guys will always have the itch.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports are if Jim Caldwell doesn't get at HC job he is out of Baltimore. I would feel for him if that's the case. He comes in at week 15 as a OC who hs never called plays and has the O carry the team to the super bowl. Then we decide to create a OC by committee approach for no reason and the offense looks different. Now we maybe fired.