Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Then how come Gruden, Cowher, and Jimmy Johnson, and Mike Ditka are still in a TV studio and not the sidelines?
1.) They have already won a Super Bowl, so they have already achieved the greatness most people strive for.

2.) I feel like their competitive fire is still there... They are just comfortable. If you were going to give me a job where I could vacation, make a boat load of money, and have pretty much no stress, I would be first in line. The competition is amazing in sports, you can't really get that anywhere else, but the amount of stress and hours you have to put in is ridiculous.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:00 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden wants to the next Madden.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I cannot for the life of me understand why McDaniels would turn down the Browns, unless the Browns let him "turn them down" to save face since he wasn't getting the job. Who else will ever give him a head coaching job again other than maybe New England way down the road?

Remember when Chip Kelly withdrew his name from consideration in Philly for ten days until they threw a giant pile of money at him to change his mind?

Maybe that little tard thinks he's putting on his big boy undies to play hardball for more money or power.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dislike how Special Team coaches rarely ever get a sniff at HC opportunities.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:39 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then how come Gruden, Cowher, and Jimmy Johnson, and Mike Ditka are still in a TV studio and not the sidelines?
Not sure about Gruden and Cowher. How many heart attacks has Ditka had now? I think he is retired on doctors orders. And Jimmy Johnson probably realized after the Dolphins how hard it is to build a team without Mike Lynn running an NFL franchise and with a salary cap.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe Jay Gruden tricked some team into making him a HC. That San Diego game proved how he refuses to make adjustments in games. San Diego was just running simple zone blitzes that basically **** all over that offense and Gruden still would refused to make changes to the game plan.

I give him 2-3 years in Washington if he is calling the plays and making the offense game plans.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone really surprised that Bruce Allen hired a Gruden?

I mean, come on. Jon and Bruce were joined at the hip for a decade or more. It only makes sense that he would hire a Gruden.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:38 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charger fans generally not happy that Whiz is conducting 3 interviews between today and Sunday.

I don't like to reference my own previous posts but this is the kind of stuff I meant when I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD
Whiz has been auditioning for a HC job all year with ridiculous playcalling. I hate to single out one sequence but the Redskins, where we were first and goal from the one and came out with a shotgun run and then two passes was the worst offender and fairly indicative of our goal line offense all year. I also don't think we were good at taking advantage of match-ups and injuries on opposing Defenses, but that's tough to entirely place on the coordinator.
One interview, okay fine you're entitled to look out for yourself. But 3 in-depth presentations and interviews, with all the preparation they entail? in a playoff week against the 1 seed? Doesn't fly with me. NFL should change this rule somehow, this guy has a foot out the door during the biggest challenge of the season.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hue Jackson is the new OC in Cincinnati according to Adam Schefter, just what Andy Dalton needed.

This is going to end very badly for him.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans announced they officially interviewed Zimmer. That would easily be the best candidate available as far as I'm concerned so I hope they were put off by his personality or convince themselves that they need an offensive coach for its own sake.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Titans announced they officially interviewed Zimmer. That would easily be the best candidate available as far as I'm concerned so I hope they were put off by his personality or convince themselves that they need an offensive coach for its own sake.
They let him leave. Seems when a team "has their guy" they don't let him do that.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
They let him leave. Seems when a team "has their guy" they don't let him do that.
Hope you're right
Old 01-09-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I can't believe Jay Gruden tricked some team into making him a HC. That San Diego game proved how he refuses to make adjustments in games. San Diego was just running simple zone blitzes that basically **** all over that offense and Gruden still would refused to make changes to the game plan.

I give him 2-3 years in Washington if he is calling the plays and making the offense game plans.
Every coach in Washington gets 2-3 years and the cycle begins anew.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:59 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Vrabel is the Houston Texans new LB coach. Good get.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Too bad he doesn't have any eligibility left.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:44 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Munchak is set to interview with the Texans for O-Line coach
Old 01-09-2014, 09:17 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
how did he do at oSU
Old 01-09-2014, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Dolphins are casting a wide net in their effort to find a G.M. But not every candidate will make it into the boat for an interview.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Saints have denied a request by the Dolphins to interview New Orleans director of player personnel Ryan Pace.

A 12-year member of the Saints organization, Pace is completing the first season in his current job.

Confusion persists in some league circles regarding the rules that apply to a team’s ability to block a request to interview a front-office employee for the job of General Manager. As one league insider described the rule on Thursday, it’s “murky.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...iew-ryan-pace/
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:43 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
I can see Zimmer going to Minny (yeah, another defensive minded HC, but this one has emotion, and a longer track record)

I can also see Whiz to Tennessee. He could work wonders with Locker, who actually looked like a good QB earlier this season. He would have an initial issue with CJ's morale.
I know a guy who knows some guys close to the Vikings. Zimmer is the guy. Based of my guy's track record, I'd guess the news will break tomorrow afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Charger fans generally not happy that Whiz is conducting 3 interviews between today and Sunday.

I don't like to reference my own previous posts but this is the kind of stuff I meant when I said

One interview, okay fine you're entitled to look out for yourself. But 3 in-depth presentations and interviews, with all the preparation they entail? in a playoff week against the 1 seed? Doesn't fly with me. NFL should change this rule somehow, this guy has a foot out the door during the biggest challenge of the season.
Hey, it is the NFL that establishes the rules not the candidates. He's going to sign for millions and if the rules allow the interviews, pretty well every
co-ordinator is going to take advantage of it if they think they has a shot at a job.

I do agree that the rules need some changes but if they cannot interview, all the jobs could go elsewhere before they get their shot. Stinks for the fans but that's life.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:06 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While im not sure if 49ers OC Greg Roman and/or 49ers DC Vic Fangio have had any interviews with any teams but I wish the NFL would make a rule that prohibits coaches from the playoff teams to interview with teams that need a new head coach until that respective team is out of the playoffs.

If Whisenhunt is having three interviews between today and Sunday (which I dont know how that would be possible unless its an interview after the Chargers/Broncos game), I think that the NFL should prohibit that from taking place. These coaches should be focused 24/7 on their playoff opponent. Nothing else.

If a team wants a coach/coordinator from a playoff team to be their respective head coach badly enough, that team would wait.

Was and never will be a fan of teams interviewing coaches from teams that are in the playoffs.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
While im not sure if 49ers OC Greg Roman and/or 49ers DC Vic Fangio have had any interviews with any teams but I wish the NFL would make a rule that prohibits coaches from the playoff teams to interview with teams that need a new head coach until that respective team is out of the playoffs.

If Whisenhunt is having three interviews between today and Sunday (which I dont know how that would be possible unless its an interview after the Chargers/Broncos game), I think that the NFL should prohibit that from taking place. These coaches should be focused 24/7 on their playoff opponent. Nothing else.

If a team wants a coach/coordinator from a playoff team to be their respective head coach badly enough, that team would wait.

Was and never will be a fan of teams interviewing coaches from teams that are in the playoffs.
It puts those guys at a disadvantage though because head coach positions are being filled.

NFL should say you can't hire a new coach until a week after the Superbowl.

The only issue would be college hires but I think it'd do a lot to clear things up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:26 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
It puts those guys at a disadvantage though because head coach positions are being filled.

NFL should say you can't hire a new coach until a week after the Superbowl.

The only issue would be college hires but I think it'd do a lot to clear things up.
True but if a team wants a certain coach/coordinator to be their head coach, I think that they would wait.

Like that idea a lot. With the NFL wanting to change the off-season a month, Combine in March, FA in April and the Draft in May, that should be a rule. Black Monday would be the day after the Super Bowl. Would still give teams plenty of time to setup everything. And if anything, it might make the process quicker because every coach/coordinator would be available.

College aspects would be a problem since college coaches need to know if they're staying or leaving for recruiting purposes but I still like that idea a lot. Plus, it would add another element to the off-season.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:23 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
... I wish the NFL would make a rule that prohibits coaches from the playoff teams to interview with teams that need a new head coach until that respective team is out of the playoffs.
That would mean that non-playoff coaches would have an advantage and get hired before playoff coaches, because they are getting interviewed first. The NFL should ban all interviews until the day after the Super Bowl. That would also give fans something to look forward to on the saddest day of the NFL year (the day after SB Sunday) other than learning the top 100 draft prospects.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would mean that non-playoff coaches would have an advantage and get hired before playoff coaches, because they are getting interviewed first. The NFL should ban all interviews until the day after the Super Bowl. That would also give fans something to look forward to on the saddest day of the NFL year (the day after SB Sunday) other than learning the top 100 draft prospects.
And that would put all teams that are changing regimes well behind the other teams that aren't changing regimes in terms of free agent and draft preparation.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote