Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
It didn't link right, but yeah, that's how I recognize him.

Right click > open image in new tab

...and we get this:

CM Punk around the age he thought he could play on one of the best football programs in the state, lol.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:22 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
CM Punk around the age he thought he could play on one of the best football programs in the state, lol.
Considering that the state was Illinois (my home state), I wouldn't have been surprised if even a nerd like he was at the time made the team. The Midwest is not exactly a football hotbed. The Big Ten is usually an embarassment. If Ohio State would have won their conference title game, FSU would have beaten them about 66-3 (robbing the country of a great FSU/Auburn game).

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 01-15-2014 at 04:25 PM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
"Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has pleaded for patience with the team's coaching search"

I seen this and laughed. Because you know, they showed "patience" with Chud right? lol
I think the best choice for the Browns would be Rob Ryan. It makes too much sense.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:35 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think the best choice for the Browns would be Rob Ryan. It makes too much sense.
But that'll never happen, because he has long hair.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:37 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Edit: another double post, ftw? lol

Last edited by General Zod : 01-15-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Considering that the state was Illinois (my home state), I wouldn't have been surprised if even a nerd like he was at the time made the team. The Midwest is not exactly a football hotbed. The Big Ten is usually an embarassment. If Ohio State would have won their conference title game, FSU would have beaten them about 66-3.
We had two guys on that team who are still playing pro football right now (17 years later). Our starting QB was a college starter with a full ride. Two QBs after my team, they had the guy who lost his starting job to Ricky Stanzi at Iowa. Phil didn't come remotely close.

If little guys like that were making rosters that you saw, you have to be used to much much smaller schools where the kids still play both sides of the ball. He'd have been way too undersized even for our JV. An ice cube dropped into a volcano had a better chance of surviving than that kid when we played someone like Joliet Catholic.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-15-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:38 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Edit: double post

Last edited by General Zod : 01-15-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:45 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
It didn't link right, but yeah, that's how I recognize him.

Right click > open image in new tab

...and we get this:

Thanks, not sure what happened. It worked when I first posted it, came back and it wasn't working. O well
Old 01-15-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
C.M. Punk is one of the top names in pro wrestling today. I'm a definite fan of his.

That statement makes me think that the coach(es) they are interested in are coordinators for the four teams that are playing this Sunday.
They are, they have interviewed Dan Quinn, really want to interview Gase, and have interviewed McDaniels.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
But that'll never happen, because he has long hair.
it'll never happen because he knows his place as a DC.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
it'll never happen because he knows his place as a DC.
Not so sure he "knows his place." He's said in interviews that he wants a head coach job.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Considering that the state was Illinois (my home state), I wouldn't have been surprised if even a nerd like he was at the time made the team. The Midwest is not exactly a football hotbed. The Big Ten is usually an embarassment. If Ohio State would have won their conference title game, FSU would have beaten them about 66-3.
We had two guys on that team who are still playing pro football right now (17 years later). Our starting QB was a college starter with a full ride. Two QBs after my team, they had the guy who lost his starting job to Ricky Stanzi at Iowa. Phil didn't come remotely close.

If little guys like that were making rosters that you saw, you have to be used to much much smaller schools where the kids still play both sides of the ball. He'd have been way too undersized even for our JV. An ice cube dropped into a volcano had a better chance of surviving than that kid when we played someone like Joliet Catholic.
I didn't mean for my post (the one in red) to be totally serious. I was just venting because I got tired of college teams in the Midwest getting squashed in Bowl games. Monomach, I'm sure you have had some fine players. You could have come after me with both barrels, but you were classy enough to hold back. You are smart enough to not let smart asses like me bring you down.

C.M. Punk wanted to be a quarterback? That's interesting. I'm surprised he went out for football. He seems like the kind who would reject the sport and make fun of football players. Maybe he wanted to use football as a way to get girls. {LOL}
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
I didn't mean for my post (the one in red) to be totally serious. I was just venting because I got tired of college teams in the Midwest getting squashed in Bowl games. Monomach, I'm sure you have had some fine players. You could have come after me with both barrels, but you were classy enough to hold back. You are smart enough to not let smart asses like me bring you down.

C.M. Punk wanted to be a quarterback? That's interesting. I'm surprised he went out for football. He seems like the kind who would reject the sport and make fun of football players. Maybe he wanted to use football as a way to get girls. {LOL}
I kind of figured you were kidding, lol.

He didn't specifically come out for QB. I'm not sure he could even name all of the positions. Just seemed like a slow, weak, scrawny nerdy kid who wanted to make the team to "be cool."

Unfortunately, if we'd let him make the team, he'd have ended up dead. Our biggest kid might have legitimately weighed twice as much as him.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raven interviewed Kyle shannahan. How do you guys like him. I assume if he comes here he will go WCO which would work for pitta real well
Old 01-15-2014, 06:25 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/423596352572891136

Mike Pettine interviewing the Browns for the HC job tomorrow.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
FIRE UP THE KD CANNON!
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Looks exactly nothing like he did in High School, but it's definitely him. His picture with the "CM Punk" name is in the display case with everyone else's who went on to be something.

I only knew him as Phil.
He only recently became "buff" (roided). When he was on the Indy Circuit, he was a scrawny dude who could work a mic.

I still know way too much about wrestling for someone who hasn't watched it for 13-14 years.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post

Finally some good news.

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He only recently became "buff" (roided). When he was on the Indy Circuit, he was a scrawny dude who could work a mic.

I still know way too much about wrestling for someone who hasn't watched it for 13-14 years.
Isn't CM Punk supposed to be straight edge or something? I don't think he'd be on steroids if that were the case.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Teryl Austin is the Lions new DC. No word yet on OC. I've also heard that Tressel may be on his staff in some capacity.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post

Or, or, how about they don't do this?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Isn't CM Punk supposed to be straight edge or something? I don't think he'd be on steroids if that were the case.
Dude, pro wrestlers are actors.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:41 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if anyone saw, but Brian Shotty is interviewing with Vanderbilt for the Head Coaching position.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!
Old 01-16-2014, 12:44 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Punk is straight edge. Carry on.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The WWF Attitude era was the last time I paid attention to wrestling. Stopped after 2001 or 2002 I think. Got stupid after that. Don't they take commercials during the matches now?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:13 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little late here, but I laughed my ass off when I saw that the Lions hired Jim Caldwell.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote