Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
How many primetime games does Jacksonville get this year?

Over/under is set at 15.

Over/under is set at 450 carries for MJD.

At least Jaguars fans won't have to watch Gabbert throw the ball that much. And better yet, if by some miracle they do find a successful play for Gabbert, you can look forward to it being attempted every game, twice a game! It's not all bad.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkley is gonna look so good in teal or whatever the **** the Jags wear these days....
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to find some 2005 Bills tape with JP Losman to prepare myself for what's to come.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I need to find some 2005 Bills tape with JP Losman to prepare myself for what's to come.

Do it in a room that doesn't have rope, shoelaces, or sharp objects in it please.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is breaking news on NFL Network..ugh

Per La Canfora:
Mike Mularkey = Quarterback guru
Old 01-10-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Highlights include:

- Throws to Lee Evans (derp)
- Misfires everywhere.
- A 70% chance of a draw play on third down.
- Repeatedly being benched for Kelly Holcomb.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Highlights include:

- Throws to Lee Evans (derp)
- Misfires everywhere.
- A 70% chance of a draw play on third down.
- Repeatedly being benched for Kelly Holcomb.
Aww ****! There ya go! I said that Jaguars fans could hope that they get a new backup QB and that Gabbert gets hurt and that the new backup isn't terrible.

I'm sure Kelly Holcomb totally knows the system too!

Chris Redman is also a free agent. He probably knows the system.

Systemzzz Knowledgezzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Aww ****! There ya go! I said that Jaguars fans could hope that they get a new backup QB and that Gabbert gets hurt and that the new backup isn't terrible.

I'm sure Kelly Holcomb totally knows the system too!

Chris Redman is also a free agent. He probably knows the system.

Systemzzz Knowledgezzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

I'd be willing to trade John Parker Wilson in a Kevin Kolb esque deal.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is available!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post

is available!
We're trying to brainstorm guys who might be BETTER than Gabbert, not the only guy on the face of earth who is worse.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We're trying to brainstorm guys who might be BETTER than Gabbert, not the only guy on the face of earth who is worse.
Gabbert did have a terrible year but people are being overly harsh on him. As a prospect he was considered to need at least one year of seasoning before being NFL-ready as a junior coming out of a spread offense with few similarities to a pro offense. The Jaguars ended up cutting David Garrard right before the season began and threw Gabbert into the fire unprepared behind a mediocre offensive line with no wide receivers aside from Marcedes Lewis. Jack Del Rio was fired shortly afterwards. Everything that can possibly go wrong when attempting to develop a quarterback did with Gabbert; Jacksonville set him up to fail.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to thank Mike Mularkey for saving the Falcons' franchise.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schottenheimer won’t return to Jets

Quote:
he Jets announced Tuesday night that offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer informed the team he won’t return for 2012.

“After much thought and consideration, I have decided not to return to the New York Jets in 2012,” said Schottenheimer in a carefully crafted statement released by the Jets. “I am very proud of what we have accomplished in the six years I have been here.

“I am grateful for the relationships that I have with our players and coaches and appreciate the hard work and dedication that went into our success. My family and I would like to thank Rex Ryan and the entire Jets organization and wish them continued success. I look forward to the exciting opportunities that lie ahead.”

Rex Ryan said that he understood Schottenheimer wanted a “fresh start” elsewhere and knows he’ll be a “successful head coach” somewhere.
- profootballtalk

Hue Jackson to NYJ I predict
Old 01-10-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to NFL.com

Quote:
Schottenheimer won't be back with Jets

Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer says he has decided not to return to the team next season.
If that means he comes in Tampa to coach for his father, I'm going to kill someone. We just fired Greg Olson, why do we have to pick someone who's nearly as inept as him ?
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post

Hue Jackson to NYJ I predict
Isn't/Wasn't Sparano the big rumor?
Old 01-10-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
#Jets will hire former Miami coach Tony Sparano as new OC, according to @mortreport.
23 minutes ago via web
That sucks I guess
Old 01-10-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think W.Moss is a strong possibility to be the next HC. He has ties with RM and is the type of coach that can work well with RM. Hue never had a chance really good OC. Who got McFadden and DHB to perform good. He will land on.his.feet hopefully its not with the Chiefs.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Gabbert did have a terrible year but people are being overly harsh on him. As a prospect he was considered to need at least one year of seasoning before being NFL-ready as a junior coming out of a spread offense with few similarities to a pro offense. The Jaguars ended up cutting David Garrard right before the season began and threw Gabbert into the fire unprepared behind a mediocre offensive line with no wide receivers aside from Marcedes Lewis. Jack Del Rio was fired shortly afterwards. Everything that can possibly go wrong when attempting to develop a quarterback did with Gabbert; Jacksonville set him up to fail.
And it's only going to get worse in that bland Mularkey offense. MJD should get a ton more carries but that's the only positive I can see coming.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must have been drinking cups full of dumb-ass all day long. Somebody go delete the Mularkey thread I made.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I called Sparano to the Jets as soon as Callahan left, didnt know he would be the OC, though. Makes sense with what they wanna do however. They want to be a pound the rock type team, they hired the right guy.

Now they have to do whatever it takes to trade up for Richardson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
That sucks I guess
I could understand if they hired him as the OL coach, but as the guy in charge of the whole offense? Dumb move if you ask me. Yeah thats gonna work well. Hire a OL guy to try to improve Sanchez and their passing offense.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
I could understand if they hired him as the OL coach, but as the guy in charge of the whole offense? Dumb move if you ask me. Yeah thats gonna work well. Hire a OL guy to try to improve Sanchez and their passing offense.
Schotty is gone, that alone improves the offense.

Hopefully Sparano's fist pumping can turn Nick Folk into Dan Carpenter. Semed like Carpenter fed off that fist pumping.

Very iffy on this signing honestly. I do think Sparano is better than Schotty. I mean Sparano was 4-2 against Rex....that's gotta mean something.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
They didnt make the hire to help the passing game, I think they did it to fit into what they wanna do and that is run the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
They didnt make the hire to help the passing game, I think they did it to fit into what they wanna do and that is run the ball.
Unless we land a really good QB coach, I too wonder how Sanchez will play. Hopefully Sparano can develop O-Lineman like he did in Long and Incognito and Pouncey as that would go a long way.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post

is available!
His contract is up already or is he being traded ?