Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Deny a guy a chance for a promotion? That seems like some unnecessary douchebaggery by KW.
Why would he do this? People aren't going to want to work for him if he won't let them move up.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:36 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Deny a guy a chance for a promotion? That seems like some unnecessary douchebaggery by KW.
I've only ever heard of division rivals blocking interviews. This does seem like a dick move by KW.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
Heard the Raiders may try to interview our Secondary Coach, Ed Donatell for the DC vacancy.

I hope not.
He was a pretty bad defensive coordinator for Green Bay and Atlanta. I guess he has ties to McKenzie, but I wouldn't give him a third chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Why would he do this? People aren't going to want to work for him if he won't let them move up.
Not to mention he's going to be pissed at him the rest of the time he's in Arizona. That's can't be good.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keith Butler to the Colts as their DC. ****.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha ha. The Colts aren't going to run any ***** football anymore. We took coaches from the two toughest teams in the NFL. Mathis will be re-signed and my Madden dreams of the Colts running a 3-4 with Freeney and Mathis at OLB will come true.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Ha ha. The Colts aren't going to run any ***** football anymore. We took coaches from the two toughest teams in the NFL. Mathis will be re-signed and my Madden dreams of the Colts running a 3-4 with Freeney and Mathis at OLB will come true.
Well, Arians may come from the Steelers but I think part of his problem there was that he wasn't a "Steelers football" type coach.

The fans hated him irrationally. Especially the last two seasons where the talent wasn't anything close to what was needed for "ground and pound" Steelers football.

And I think that started to creep into ownership too, which is why he was let go.

And now I laugh at the Steelers. They have no one in house to replace Arians, and they just let their DCotF go in Butler. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Well, Arians may come from the Steelers but I think part of his problem there was that he wasn't a "Steelers football" type coach.

The fans hated him irrationally. Especially the last two seasons where the talent wasn't anything close to what was needed for "ground and pound" Steelers football.

And I think that started to creep into ownership too, which is why he was let go.

And now I laugh at the Steelers. They have no one in house to replace Arians, and they just let their DCotF go in Butler. Good luck.
Arians got **** because he wasn't consistent and didn't call great games. But yes, all the old yinzers didn't like him because he didn't run the football more. I hated him because despite all the talent we had on offense, we couldn't score jack **** and the red zone offense was absolutely horrible. We didn't take the necessary jumps as an offense to be a good one.

Butler is a huge loss, but LeBeau said he's going to coach forever, so I guess Butler got tired of waiting around. I want Kevin Greene to come back and coach the LBers.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sounds like TomTom is actually going to have to coach the team now instead of just chestbump his players every time they get off the field.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be interesting to see how Arians does in Andrew Lucks development.

Im actually liking the job the Colts have done so far in getting coaches.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are doing well getting coaches, but they need a serious mashup of talent on defense. Moving Mathis to OLB is easy, but they've got nothing even close to a NT on the roster. And, contrary to popular (idiot) belief, every 4-3 UT doesn't just magically transfer to 3-4 DE.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let mcnulty have his OC job dammit. stupid KW
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't the Steelers, like, not allow Butler to leave?

Stupid Colts. They do us a solid by hiring Arians and then steal our future defensive coordinator.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
let mcnulty have his OC job dammit. stupid KW
You just don't want him to resort to stealing current Rutgers coaches.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You just don't want him to resort to stealing current Rutgers coaches.
that was a low blow and I don't like you, you big jerkface
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
They are doing well getting coaches, but they need a serious mashup of talent on defense. Moving Mathis to OLB is easy, but they've got nothing even close to a NT on the roster. And, contrary to popular (idiot) belief, every 4-3 UT doesn't just magically transfer to 3-4 DE.
There are some nice pieces for the DL in free agency. I don't know about the Colts' cap room this spring, but with all the rebuilding they will or should do, they will save quite a bit and should go after someone like Kendall Langford and then draft Ta'amu if he's there in the second.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
It'll be interesting to see how Arians does in Andrew Lucks development.
He's a pass-happy, QB friendly OC. He was Peyton Mannings first QB coach Inbelieve, and he certainly helped Ben to develop.

He was also Tim Couch's QB coach for a while though. :S

I think he'll be good for Luck, and is a good fit for what the Colts do offensively, or at least compared to what they did in the past.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Oh and btw, the Steelers can't block Butler because his contract was up. They wanted him back but he wanted to be a coordinator.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aubrayo Franklin thought he might get some serious interest on the open market last year and got got. I do think considering he will be back on it this year that he will actually go back to a 3-4 ball club. The question is which one ? He won't break the bank but he'll get a chance to start on the nose for someone.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think any HC in this league who cockblocks one of his assistants from interviewing for a coordinator job is a tool. The league really needs to separate position coaches from coordinators and kill the request for permission when another team has interest in a position coach as the OC or DC.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
I think any HC in this league who cockblocks one of his assistants from interviewing for a coordinator job is a tool. The league really needs to separate position coaches from coordinators and kill the request for permission when another team has interest in a position coach as the OC or DC.
They actually have tried to do this in the past but the Coordinator position is so much muddier than the head coach position on a lot of teams.

Some teams have tried to "make it a promotion" in the past by attempting to get a guy for a lateral move, but grant him the title of "associate head coach" or something like that.

It doesn't sound like something that is going to change anytime soon.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the rule was if an assistant coach gets a chance for a promotion they can't be denied?

Last edited by VernonLawson89 : 01-29-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: oooooooooo
VernonLawson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
I thought the rule was if an assistant coach gets a chance for a promotion they can't be denied?
Only to the head coaching position. Position coaches can be blocked from going elsewhere as coordinators for the reason I explained above.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Only to the head coaching position. Position coaches can be blocked from going elsewhere as coordinators for the reason I explained above.
ooh ok gotcha, thanks.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ordinator-job/

Jim Caldwell interviewing for the Steelers OC position.

Hahaha....ha...I'm sorry Steelers fans.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that might offset the Ravens bringing back Cam a little...As awful as he is, I'm pretty sure Caldwell is just as bad if not worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote