Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even want McDaniels to coach our offense, haha. Screw that douchey dude.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Charger fan, I'd LOVE for McDaniels to be KC's next coach. hahahahahahaha
Old 12-19-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why? It doesn't mean you guys are getting anywhere, like each and every single year.

(sorry CC)

Old 12-19-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Why? It doesn't mean you guys are getting anywhere, like each and every single year.

(sorry CC)
Riiiiiiiight - 'cuz you won the division last year for the 1st time in ages & now you wanna talk ****.

Stick with Cassell too, mmmmkay?
Old 12-19-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd rather be bad and surprise people than be thought of as an elite team and end up crapping my pants every year.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
GMs who give the "fanbase" that much power shouldn't be GMs.

If McDaniels doesn't get the job it won't be because Pioli fears backlash from the fanbase.
He might not have to sell it to the fans but he has to sell it to the owner of the team. Clark Hunt is very aware of how Mcdaniels destroyed Denver in a very short amount of time.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I might be the only one on this forum that has some faith in McDaniels.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I think I might be the only one on this forum that has some faith in McDaniels.
I definitely have some faith in him, you aren't alone. I think he can be a very good OC if he has some talent, and all he has right now in St. Louis is Steven Jackson and Brandon Lloyd (who hasn't even been on the team that long) so...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
He might not have to sell it to the fans but he has to sell it to the owner of the team. Clark Hunt is very aware of how Mcdaniels destroyed Denver in a very short amount of time.
I'm not trying to make a case for McDaniels; just addressing the whole fanbase thing. I've see the Packer fanbase get up in arms over TT's moves quite a bit. If he paid them any attention the franchise wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are now. Good point about needing the owner's backing though.

I can't see anyone giving McDaniels the kind of control he had in Denver ever again.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:11 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'd rather be bad and surprise people than be thought of as an elite team and end up crapping my pants every year.
Well, you ARE bad so congrats.

As for the elite rep of the Chargers, that's media BS that I personally don't buy into. That ship has sailed for the present thanks to the drafting genius of AJ Smith.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marc Trestman could get some interviews as a head coach after having been out of the NFL since '04 and coaching the Montreal Alouettes the past four year. He has ~20 years of experience as a QB coach and offensive coordinator in the NFL on his resume. He has coordinated for some pretty high scoring offenses and coached some really good quarterbacks, but if he were to come back to the NFL you'd likely see one of the most pass-happy teams in the league.

His most recent NFL coaching experience was with the Dolphins and Raiders. He was offensive coordinator the year the Raiders went to the Super Bowl, and the year after when they went 4-12 with Bill Callahan, after that his last NFL experience was with the Dolphins in '04 as the QB coach/assistant head coach the year that Ricky Williams decided to retire and they made the trade for AJ Feely. I'm not sure how to judge him as a coach when he was in the NFL, but he had some great years and some not so great years, but I don't know how much he really influenced any of it, and was more a product of being a part of some really good and really bad teams.

I know from watching the CFL though, that he is a really good offensive coach for the Als and has been to the finals 3 times in 4 years, winning it twice with a 36-37 year old QB being the league's MVP twice in his first two years there.

So, if a team wants a coach with a lot of experience, who has had success as a play caller in the NFL, has some recent head coaching experience and success, and wants someone for really really cheap that they can gamble on and throw away if a hot coaching prospect pops up, he is a guy teams could look into for sure. He might not be a terrible fit for a team like the Rams or Jags who are probably going to be in the market for offensive minded coaches to try and save their 1st round QB's careers.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great article on Brian Schottenheimer.

Quote:
YPG- 2006- 305 yards (25th) 2007- 295 (26th) 2008- 330 (16th) 2009- 321 (20th) 2010- 351 (11th) 2011- 308 (27th)
Also, Pennington and Favre were top 5 in MVP voting the year after they left.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2011/...cord?ref=yahoo

And Schotty was the QB coach of the Chargers from 2002-2005. Brees left or the Sanits in 06 and we all know what happened.

Schotty is an offense and QB killer.

Edit: Not that I'm a huge fan of Sanchez or anything but I'm curious to see what he could do without Schotty.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 12-26-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets should try to hire Norv Turner.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hes-available/

What all Giants fans want to hear I'm sure.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH BEERBARON.

I'm just going to ignore every article about Spags and hope for the best
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hes-available/

What all Giants fans want to hear I'm sure.
Rotoworld reporting it as well:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/723/eagles-defense

That would make the Eagles D just effin scary

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Rotoworld reporting it as well:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/723/eagles-defense

That would make the Eagles D just effin scary
Same source.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Same source.
Well, it's on rotoworld!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear god. Spags with those pass rushers and the man coverage abilities of Nnamdi and DRC...Jizztastic.

That should just about book Asante Samuel's ticket out of Philly though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Apparently the Rams are going to make a serious run at Jeff Fisher after Spags is let go. They've got connections, too.

Quote:
Fisher is represented by Marv Demoff, whose son, Kevin, is an executive with the Rams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sal Pal now reporting the Giants will aggresively pursue Spags and we are the favorites to land him. Which source do we believe?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sal Pal now reporting the Giants will aggresively pursue Spags and we are the favorites to land him. Which source do we believe?
One thing to keep in mind. Spags has 1 more year left on his contract @ $2.8 mill and it is entirely possible that after he gets taken before the firing squad that he takes next year off from football and collects his money.

I have not heard anything in the ether to suggest this but after the year he has had it might just be the ticket to regain his sanity and recharge his batteries...

Just sayin'
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Apparently the Rams are going to make a serious run at Jeff Fisher after Spags is let go. They've got connections, too.
Fisher is a safe choice. The past few years it seemed like the Titans were always an 8-8 team, with a playoff berth sandwiched in between every few years. He's also proven so there's that. The Titans never seemed to bottom out or really do great except for 2004-2005 when they drafted Pacman and Vince, and 2008 when they went 13-3.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors of Chargers interviewing Cowher, they've denied it but a few places have published the rumor. I'm hoping it's true Cowher would be a wet dream.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Dangermouse
Rookie

Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my take is that Caldwell, Turner, Morris and Spagnuoli join the unemployed list.

St Louis - Gruden
San Diego - Cowher
Miami - Fisher
KC - Crennel
Jacksonville - Steve Spagnuolo
Indy - Winston Moss
Tampa - Norv Turner
Dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote