Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-21-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Explanation for this play

I came across it the other day and I still dont know WTF he was doing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgfrJtY1lz4

[]youtube[]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgfrJtY1lz4[/]youtube[]

When this happened did anything come out about this.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I came across it the other day and I still dont know WTF he was doing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgfrJtY1lz4

[]youtube[]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgfrJtY1lz4[/]youtube[]

When this happened did anything come out about this.
Lol thats better than Fat Albert napping in the middle of the field

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if i remember correctly florida state had about 5 or more false starts in that game alone and the game was already close to out of hand. maybe was a discipline thing? like practice not making a false start even with everyone running around

Last edited by sbh15 : 11-21-2011 at 06:12 PM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen the ENTIRE WVU OL do this once. I didn't know then and I don't know now.

My guess would be a discipline thing. Teaching a lesson. Like about taking plays off? I don't know.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think it was a discipline thing. From what I gather on the internet apparently they are taught that when they think the defense lined up or jumped off sides to remain still so the refs can catch it.

I have no idea why he stayed in formation even when the whistle wasn't blown.

Also, you can clearly see that they must have all thought it was offsides because the right guard doesn't move either until the defender is already behind him.

my only guess is that it was a sign of protest, just like Kiffin and Seabass' 76 yard fg.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah usually if you see a play like that the whole line does it on a screen....not usually one guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:45 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I dont think it was a discipline thing. From what I gather on the internet apparently they are taught that when they think the defense lined up or jumped off sides to remain still so the refs can catch it.

I have no idea why he stayed in formation even when the whistle wasn't blown.

Also, you can clearly see that they must have all thought it was offsides because the right guard doesn't move either until the defender is already behind him.

my only guess is that it was a sign of protest, just like Kiffin and Seabass' 76 yard fg.
there's no way they could have thought someone went offsides, watch the replay. nobody even jumped
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Da Big Harv
Rookie

Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida St has done this for 2 years now, they are taught by OL coach Tricketttttt to just freeze if they think a DL jumped. Ive seen multiple occasions where entire line was frozen like ice and DL got false start penalty. So on this play he was probably sure the DL went offside and was wrong obviously.

I'm not a big fan of this strategy as one day I think it will get the QB killed.