Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-26-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
tylere0814

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Well, i dont know if this is really what we need... but adding a playmaker like Adrian Peterson would make this team that much more dangerous, because right now we are feared by no one.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

"Best one" ???
He has us passing on Landry AND Sid Rice for a TE , even though we have 3 under contract and a RB with durability problems.

personally I hate it.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i agree severe, no way do we pass up on a guy like Rice (who im not even that high on but still) for zach miller, especially after the money we gave shainco.

i could see us passing on landry for AP, I think AP will be a stud, especially with us if we can get a solid guard in the 3rd if ramirez falls or grab wrotto. Having AP split some time with CT will help keep him healthier and both of them fresh, theyd make a nice combo
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind Adrian Peterson, but I think Childress still has a lot of confidence in Taylor, and Childress has hinted that Mewelde Moore will be the #2 back this year.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awful, awful, awful....Does this guy have any kind of understanding whatsoever of what's going on with our team?

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
tylere0814

I was mainly refering to the first round... any mock that goes beyond the first round is a complete guessing game. I agree that the writer of that article has no clue as to what any team needs are.

I just think AP would be ideal, i agree that Childress has confidence in Taylor (so do i) i also know that two rb's are becoming a necessity in this league. AP and CHester would be a sweet 1-2 punch.

i guess it'll all unfold in a month
Old 03-27-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylere0814 View Post
I was mainly refering to the first round... any mock that goes beyond the first round is a complete guessing game. I agree that the writer of that article has no clue as to what any team needs are.

I just think AP would be ideal, i agree that Childress has confidence in Taylor (so do i) i also know that two rb's are becoming a necessity in this league. AP and CHester would be a sweet 1-2 punch.

i guess it'll all unfold in a month
I actually don't mind Mewelde as our #2. He provides a very good receiver out of the backfield and gives us a good amount of yards after contact. IMO, we are set at RB.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Pinner was just fine too...provided we resign him I wouldn't mind "gambling" with those 3 (and Ciatrick playing more) going into the season.
I certainly wouldn't want to spend a 1st round pick on him when
A: There's so many more holes that should be addressed with premier talent and
B: the RB talent in the next 2 years is far superior AND deeper. (future back)
Plus Chester is a very hard runner , deceptively fast and I think he can handle another 280+ carry season.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
tylere0814

Point taken... however i know the one thing we need more than ANYTHING is a playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. Taylor is solid, Williamson can't catch. So i say if AD is there, take him... if not fill other needs.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow.......just wow..........
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't like this draft at all. AD is a great talent, but RB is one of if not the strongest position on our offense way would we need to add to it? Taylor, Moore, Pinner and Fason can get the job done they did it last season. We can't pass on a WR with the talent of Rice in the second, and I would prefer we move back into the latter portion of the 1st and get Bowe, Meachem or Jarret. If we could come out of the first day with Landry and Bowe by trading a 4th or 5th and swapping 3rds?
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNRunLeft View Post
I don't like this draft at all. AD is a great talent, but RB is one of if not the strongest position on our offense way would we need to add to it? Taylor, Moore, Pinner and Fason can get the job done they did it last season. We can't pass on a WR with the talent of Rice in the second, and I would prefer we move back into the latter portion of the 1st and get Bowe, Meachem or Jarret. If we could come out of the first day with Landry and Bowe by trading a 4th or 5th and swapping 3rds?
there is no way a 4th and a 5th and swaping 3rds are worth a 1st http://huddlegeeks.com/NFL_Draft/tradevalue.htm
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
"Best one" ???
He has us passing on Landry AND Sid Rice for a TE , even though we have 3 under contract and a RB with durability problems.

personally I hate it.
I agree totally... I have not seen on any Mock the Vikings taking a RB and with Chester Taylor in the fold I don't see you bringing in another RB... I am a Huge Ravens fan and I hated to see Chester leave he was a favorite here in Baltimore...but I am glad he is starting somewhere. I would be disapointed to see him have to split carries with a rookie after having a good season last year...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
VikesRule
Rookie

VikesRule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love the first round pick, and though we do need a tightend (we have nobody on the roster worth mention besides Kleinsasser who can't catch), we should take Rice or at least some receiver in the 2nd round. I'd love us to get AD because it would solidify our backfield.

Also, what better way to improve a rookie/young QB then by giving him a good tandem in the backfield to take the load off his shoulders? If we were to exchange Miller for Rice, that gives us a receiving threat as well.
VikesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Yeah Chester Taylor's 1300 yards and Artrose Pinner poppin out 100+ in his only start shows we need to "solidify" that position .

C'mon be honest, you don't even watch the games...admit it.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest, right now I wouldn't even mind if we got Peterson with that pick. I just want something of value.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Taking Peterson would be fine with me...the talent is definately there.
The problem I have is people saying we need to "solidify" a position where we would've had a pro bowler had he remained healthy is pure ignorance.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree we dont NEED adrian peterson at all we are set at RB for the first time since robert smith but if Adrian peterson ends up being the best value left id be fine with taking him
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

If Adams and Quinn were gone, I admit I'd feel bad about passing on a talent like Peterson.