Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im with you Dan. More concern about winning out in the NFC. I would like the offense to have a good showing against Steelers to at least quiet some of the naysayers in the media about our offense versus playoff caliber teams. But I wouldn't necessarily be too bumed by a loss, though I hate losing to Steelers almost as much as I hate losing to the Cowboys. I think that Seattle game will be a tough one. Their offense is playing better and the defense is highly underated. And everyone knows they play like world-beaters at home. Wouldn't shock me if we loss that one as well. That would still give us the tie-breaker over the Saints and we would lock up the #2 seed. Good news is, we don't leave the Pacific time zone until we face the Rams the last game of the season, so its very possible we could win out. Should be a interesting next couple of weeks.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-06-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Not the greatest song in the world, but gotta appreciate anyone reppin the team and the new mantra....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54kh0R1aRG8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
This is the lamest and coolest song I've heard.
I think it's just as solid (if not more) than the 'Who dat' and 'Who dey' chants.

http://youtu.be/Bt_yqMZ1PQk

Are you sure it's not that catchy? LOL

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 12-06-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willis being out sucks but they shouldn't rush him back. Save him for the playoffs if needed. Besides, Larry Grant played out of his a$$ on Sunday and was making plays all over the field (though it was against his former team).

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 12-06-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Willis being out sucks but they shouldn't rush him back. Save him for the playoffs if needed. Besides, Larry Grant played out of his a$$ on Sunday and was making plays all over the field (though it was against his former team).
Grant's a baller and I still dont understand why we cut him to begin with. If you remember, alot of the beat writers were drooling over his play in TC. I really wasn't surprise he did so well. He fits our scheme well. He was out of place as a OLB in Spags system. Like I said before, he's a thumper. He seeks the balls and loves to hit. He's really the only true 'TED-like 'backer we have. I wouldnt be concerned if he had to play for a extended period of time. There's not another team with a better 1-2-3 combo at ILB in the league. I would really hope we look into extending him as he should be rather cheap and he seems to be a team guy and really loves the guys he plays with from his tweets that I've read. Plus he's from the Bay area so I think that's a plus to keep him here as well. I hope they give Willis the next 2-3 games off actually. I want him fully heathly for the post-season.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
So glad we have finally made into the play offs.It has been a long time coming for us. If we could only add a few big time players to our offense such as a true #1 WR I would be happy . I will be bummed I won't really get to watch the plays off to my living location and no cable or descent wifi here at the grand canyon with out paying for . But game cast and this site will do for now.

Bring on the play offs 9er fans! I just hope we can put up a good fight against Pittsburgh in a week.It would be a good test if we won. Again I'm ok with 3 loses on the season. Just so much more improvement over the last 9 years.
That sucks you won't be able to watch the playoffs. There's a poster on Niner Talk(49erswebzone forum) who post vids of all the offensive and defensive plays from every game after their conclusion up on Youtube. Not the same as watching it live but just in case you still want to see the action afterwards, here's the link http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/ni...ensive-drives/
Old 12-06-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cardinals are on a little bit of a streak right now I have a feeling this could be an interesting game coming up.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
The Cardinals are on a little bit of a streak right now I have a feeling this could be an interesting game coming up.
I could see us even losing it. Kolb is starting instead of Skelton, which is a huge boost, and our 24th ranked offense doesn't really give me that much confidence. Our defense is what is going to be the decisive factor, but if it's a low scoring game and our offense can't get going yet again then Arizona could sneak out a win and I wouldn't be surprised.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Their defense seems to be playing better. Looks like they've finally adapted to Horton's scheme. But their offense is still horrid and one thing with Kolb is he will chuck the ball up and give the secondary the opportunity to make plays on the ball. We should still beat them. Might not be pretty but we should win.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If i had to predict the rest of the regular season...first we beat Arizona by about 7-10 points. Shouldn't be as close as the score suggests, think Washington with hopefully a little more offensive efficiency. Beat the Steelers next week on MNF. However, i think the game against Pitt will be an emotional drainer, not to mention we'll only have 4 days rest before we have to fly to Seattle and play in that stadium, against a motivated Pete Carroll. Lose a close one in Seattle. Mop up the Rams in Week 17 and end the year 13-3, #2 seed.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I could see us even losing it. Kolb is starting instead of Skelton, which is a huge boost, and our 24th ranked offense doesn't really give me that much confidence. Our defense is what is going to be the decisive factor, but if it's a low scoring game and our offense can't get going yet again then Arizona could sneak out a win and I wouldn't be surprised.
You think we will lose every game.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
You think we will lose every game.
I convinced myself the Niners were going to lose most games this season before the start of said games.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Closed Thread