Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Eagles get Spikes and Holcomb for Walker and conditional 7th rounder in 2008

reported on EMB and on WIP by Howard Eskin...take it for what its worth now but i am PUMPED!!!

Last edited by mpt117 : 03-26-2007 at 08:43 PM.
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/default.jsp
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Ciao Bella

wow, you guys just stole him
Old 03-26-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117 View Post
reported on EMB and on WIP by Howard Eskin...take it for what its worth now but i am PUMPED!!!
I am so pumped too, we just ripped them off so badly.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea not a great deal for the Bills. I am super excited for Takeo, we didn't really need Holcomb though, unless he's a good holder which I don't know if he is.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

once he inks a long term deal, i am getting a takeo jersey

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like that we got Holcomb, now we won't need to draft a QB in the later rounds, and now we won't have to put up with people giving us guys like Troy Smith in the second or third round in their mocks.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's not go crazy here. Takeo was an all-world talent in Cincinatti and with Buffalo prior to the Achilles tear. He showed some flashes of greatness last season. I'm expecting an improvement in productivity from the SAM position, but not all-pro production. I'm going to stay realistic. Overall, the Eagles took a player they didn't want anymore and turned him into an upgrade at LB and depth at QB. You cannot argue with that kind of return in any way.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I don't think anyone was going crazy, but I do agree that I think this was a major upgrade at our SAM postion. I know I never said anything about expecting a Pro-Bowl out of him. But I don think this acquisistion will make our defence in the running to be top 5 or 10 next year.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Takeo struggled last season due to injury and the fact that Buffalo's DT's couldn't keep him "clean" to flow to the ball. The Eagles DLine has to do its job, so all of the LB's can help at the point of attack. The presence of Spikes should help the rest of the LB's get an extra moment or 2 to help on the defensive end. This was a good move to get a strong player, and I like what Spikes will bring. Just have to remember not to expect pro bowl production. If we keep our expectations realistic, we have a better chance of getting what we want and a really strong chance of being very pleasantly surprised.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-27-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might have to get a Spikes Eagles jersey. It would look badass.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
dcsicass31birds

who do we draft first now...are we still gonna draft a LB or are we gonna get an offensive player 1st round for the first time in a while...

I still would like to see a LB drafted 1st though...willis or Poz
Old 03-27-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Willis won't be there when we pick. What do you mean "a while?" We took Shawn Andrews in the first round in 2004. I do not want a first round receiver at all. already have two Spikes threads.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said on Sirius today that he feels his best position is WILL. Is he definately playing the strongside or has it been determined yet?
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I really hope he does play SAM, he would be good at WILL, that's probably where he's best at, but he will probably play SAM for us. We've already got two players who can play weakside. Gaither is quite good, and McCoy is not bad so I would rather Spikes play strongside.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

We will probably go after a safety, if all of the good first round safeties are gone, we will probably go after a LB.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

But what about Gocong? Still, I would rather him at SAM, but Gocong seems promising as well. Either position I would be fine with, but I would be happier if he played SAM.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:53 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm going to have all Spikes threads merged for the sake of simplicity.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Philly Boy Roy

They could always go with Brian Leonard... A great fit, and an explosive offensive weapon and compliment to Westbrook.

They may even want to trade down into the beginning of round 2 and take him, while picking up a late 3rd or early 4th in the process. Then in round 2/3 you take a Safety and LB. Leonard is a once in a decade talent at his position.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Please do not post in this thread. We have 2 Spikes threads already.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
ihatephilly

Link: Video of Press Conference.

Link: Takeo Spikes Lands in Philly.

Today the Philadelphia Eagles formally announced the signing of Takeo Spikes, and Kelly Holcomb, that will be the only time I mention Kelly in this, at the Nova Care Complex late this afternoon. As expected Spikes had nothing but good things to say about the Eagles, and that he is beyond excited to be in Philly. This will be the first time in his ten year career he will have an opportunity to be playing for a playoff caliber team. When asked about how he is feeling these days, Spikes said this is the best he's felt since before his season ending injury in 2005. As you can see in the picture, Spikes will be rocking number 51 this season, so no more jokes about Matt McCoy being route 51, he currently does not have a number, and the Eagles are thinking about keeping it that way. When asked how he was able to get the number 51 from McCoy, he said he challenged McCoy to an arm wrestling match. When McCoy accepted the challenge and extended his arm to start the match, Spikes b*tch slapped him and told him that he was taking his number and his spot at LB. McCoy fell to the ground, like he did all last season, and said that sounds like a good plan to him. Spikes then proceeded to look for, and I quote, "that sissy with the bow tie who plays a banjo." I have no idea who he could be talking about. This guy is friggin nuts. You can watch the press conference here. Unfortunately there is no video of the "b*tch slap" Spikes laid on Matt McCoy.

Last edited by ihatephilly : 03-29-2007 at 05:25 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

We should undoubtedly keep familiarizing Gocong with the SAM position, so he can eventually take over once Takeo's done. Now that he has some time to learn it gradually he may be better off in the long run. This would have been a quick transition to say the least.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Spikes is so awesome, he is the man. That jersey looks nice, I might have to get one once the season starts.

He has got the biggest neck I've ever seen seriously it's much wider than his head.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

nice, im just glad thats one less thing i haft to worry about when we play the bills
Old 03-28-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Spikes jersey is worth buying. With his intensity and beastly name, I'm not even upset that mine is now outdated
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote