Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Griffin or Luck?
Griffin 7 10.14%
Luck 62 89.86%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Stock Check: RGIII vs Luck

Bill Polian pulls a Bill Polian and gifts your team the #1 pick. Your QB depth chart is Tyler Palko, Curtis Painter and Jimmy Clausen. Who do you take?
Old 12-11-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck. 100 out of 100 times.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck every time. RGIII's stock is super high right now but I don't think he is even close to Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect this to be a blowout.

I'm curious whether it's an Alabama vs Georgia State level blowout or an Alabama vs middle school flag football team level blowout.

And also what the difference is from today and the month of the draft
Old 12-11-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Inevitably there will be fans who will argue that Griffin is a better prospect. I doubt that's even a debate for actual NFL teams, however. Luck is the easy choice and a lock to go #1.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody is always trying to knock the top guy, but it's Luck. RGIII is my 3rd behind Barkley also, but I absolutely love all three.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be very surprised if it isn't a shutout in favor of Luck, like it should be.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder who was the 1. I mean, congrats to RG3 for winning the Heisman and all, but...it is not even remotely close.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
I expect this to be a blowout.

I'm curious whether it's an Alabama vs Georgia State level blowout or an Alabama vs middle school flag football team level blowout.

And also what the difference is from today and the month of the draft
haha no you don't. You wouldn't have asked if you did.

I would take Luck over Griffin even if Luck tore an ACL.

Also, I'm pretty sure I know who voted for RGIII, the guy who made the thread.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:23 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck, but I think some people are seriously under-rating how high RGIII's stock is right now. It could depend on who declares, but I could see him going top 5.

He's going to test really well and he will interview really well. His tape is a similar mix (not his playing, but his tape) to that of Newton's last year. Not a lot of plays that you expect to see in the NFL, but he does flash that ability.

I've got a feeling he could go as high as #2 overall if the right team is in that slot.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:47 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffen isnt even the 2nd best QB in this class...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin is better than Matt Barkley at football and life.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Luck, but I think some people are seriously under-rating how high RGIII's stock is right now. It could depend on who declares, but I could see him going top 5.

He's going to test really well and he will interview really well. His tape is a similar mix (not his playing, but his tape) to that of Newton's last year. Not a lot of plays that you expect to see in the NFL, but he does flash that ability.

I've got a feeling he could go as high as #2 overall if the right team is in that slot.
I agree, if he works out well, He could easily go #2 in the draft, because his intangibles are very close to Luck's. IMO, Barkley will give him a battle though.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:09 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
haha no you don't. You wouldn't have asked if you did.

I would take Luck over Griffin even if Luck tore an ACL.

Also, I'm pretty sure I know who voted for RGIII, the guy who made the thread.
...ok

I typically dont vote in threads I make
Old 12-12-2011, 08:03 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Luck

2. Barkley
3. RG3

4. Ryan Tannehill
5. Landry Jones

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go with RGIII here... I just think his ceiling is way above Luck's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:11 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
1. Luck

2. Barkley
3. RG3

4. Ryan Tannehill
5. Landry Jones
Good way of putting it. I see 4 top 10 teams needing to address qb; Indy, Miami, Washington and Cleveland. I see two of them trading up to 2nd and 3rd to get their guy.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:20 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF the Skins don't get jumped in the draft, he's going to Washington. That's nearly an absolute death certain lock.

I don't think there's any way Luck can live up to his hype. Not only is he expected to be statistically dominant, Luck also comes with the expectation he's going to win multiple SBs.

I don't think any prospect has entered the NFL with more hype or expectations than Andrew Luck.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:30 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
Good way of putting it. I see 4 top 10 teams needing to address qb; Indy, Miami, Washington and Cleveland. I see two of them trading up to 2nd and 3rd to get their guy.
I don't think he meant all of them ae going top 5. That was a list of rating.
Luck/RGIII/Barkley probably all do go top 5, but the others will be lucky to be taken in the teens if not out of the first round completely.

Man, if the Skins have to TRADE up from the 4th or 5th pick to secure RGIII/Barkley, that sucks.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is at least one NFL GM that thinks RGIII is better than Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I don't think he meant all of them ae going top 5. That was a list of rating.
Luck/RGIII/Barkley probably all do go top 5, but the others will be lucky to be taken in the teens if not out of the first round completely.

Man, if the Skins have to TRADE up from the 4th or 5th pick to secure RGIII/Barkley, that sucks.
Yes I was just rating the top 5 QBs. Luck is clear #1, Barkely and RG3 are close 2 and 3, then after a big gap in talent/readiness, you have Tanehill and Jones.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RGIII(10 char)
Old 12-12-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
HorusKing
Rookie

HorusKing hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like both players but the Andrew Luck hype machine has been churning for the past 3 season and he is a lot like RGIII but with more size and they are equal in athletic ability and arm strength. I think that Luck will go #1 the question is who will have the better NFL career and what system that they play in is key, look both kids threw for over 70% completion rate this season. The numbers were better for RGIII 3998 passing yards 36 TD's 6 INT's 644 yds rushing 9 TD's vs. Andrew Luck 3170 passing yards 35 TD's 9 INT's 154 yds rushing 2 td's.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
HorusKing
Rookie

HorusKing hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The key at judging both players is what did they do in previous season and again they both are no fluke the stats below tell the story and I think that Matt Barkley is an awesome prospect as well but I think that he is the 3rd best prospect out of the 3 QB's as he as more talent at USC to allow him to thrive than the other 2 QB's schools have tougher academic standards and can't get the same type of athletes that Barkley has at his disposal.

RGIII -

Season Passing Rushing Receiving Total Offense
Comp Att Yds Pct TD Int Rating Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Yards
2011* 267 369 3,998 72.4% 36 6 192.3 161 644 4.0 49 9 1 15 15 4,657

2010 304 454 3,501 67% 22 8 144.2 149 635 4.3 71 8 0 0 0 4,145

Andrew Luck -

2010 263 372 3,338 70.7% 32 8 170.2 55 453 8.2 58 3 0 0 0 3,791

2011 (12 games) 261 373 3,170 70.0% 35 9 167.5 43 153 3.6 17 2 1 13 13.0 3,323
Old 12-12-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Griffen isnt even the 2nd best QB in this class...
"It depends on who declares"