Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-08-2011, 02:07 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jovan Belcher doesn't need to be replaced

We don't need Taze or Te'o or Kuechly. Belcher is ranked 13th among all ILB's (including 4-3 ILB's) against the run. The guys a BEAST against the run. Look at the guy guys he's an animal.

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/belcherchi.gif

view-source:http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/belcherchi2.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/belcherchi3.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/belcherdj.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/49ers/belcher.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/RAMS/belcher.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/Colts/belcher.gif

Dude breaks tackles and isn't afraid to get physical. This is the best find Pioli has found since coming here. It's unbelievable that this kid was an UDRFA.
Yeah he needs help with his coverage skills, but the kid is only 24 freaking years old! He's gonna get better just like Houston.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Needs help with his coverage skills is an understatement. He's an absolute liability when he has to cover anyone on the field.

Belcher is 100% replaceable, there is no question there.. it's where you find his replacement. I don't necessarily think you have to go out and pick a guy in the first round, but he does need to be replaced.

One of the stud ILBs from this draft might be great against the run AND pass, and that is a clear upgrade.

If we DID take Kuechly or Taze though.. we'd have the best LB group in the NFL. Hali - Kuechly - DJ - Houston sounds pretty sexy to me.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 12-08-2011 at 02:17 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Needs help with his coverage skills is an understatement. He's an absolute liability when he has to cover anyone on the field.

Belcher is 100% replaceable, there is no question there.. it's where you find his replacement. I don't necessarily think you have to go out and pick a guy in the first round, but he does need to be replaced.

One of the stud ILBs from this draft might be great against the run AND pass, and that is a clear upgrade.

If we DID take Kuechly or Taze though.. we'd have the best LB group in the NFL. Hali - Kuechly - DJ - Houston sounds pretty sexy to me.
Same can be said about Houston and Tamba when it comes to pass coverage. I think getting an ILB in the first is a mistake. We need OL. Plus Belcher is a Pioli player. Doubt he gets replaced.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really aren't going to find a 3-4 OLB that can rush and cover as well as Houston.

Belcher is 13th against the run among ILBs? That's middle of the pack for a guy whose main job is to stop the run. He doesn't get off blocks well, he's terrible in coverage, he can't blitz... We all love Belcher and the Chiefs could survive with him at ILB, but they could make huge strides if they replaced him. He absolutely is the weakest spot on a healthy Chiefs defense.

Thing is, you have to use a first or second round pick on his replacement because it's not likely you'll find someone that will beat him out in the next 2-3 years any later in the draft.

Last edited by nepg : 12-08-2011 at 10:45 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Same can be said about Houston and Tamba when it comes to pass coverage. I think getting an ILB in the first is a mistake. We need OL. Plus Belcher is a Pioli player. Doubt he gets replaced.
So was Alex Magee and he was actually drafted by Pioli and not an undrafted free agent like Belcher.

I don't think anyone is saying Belcher is bad, its just an area where the Chiefs could improve and there will be quality players available in the first round of the draft.

BTW...look at his stats this year. Sacks 0 (1 sack is 3 years), INT 0, forced fumbles 0, tackles behind the line 1. He's not exactly a playmaker the way DJ is.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have way bigger needs than ILB.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problems with Belcher starting at ILB for us in the future, but to say he doesn't need to be upgraded is just flat out wrong.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
We have way bigger needs than ILB.
As far as starters go, there's only one - maybe two - other spots that are weaker. And that's kind of what I'm talking about when I say this team isn't far from getting to elite levels. When you have a guy that no one would have a problem leaving as a starter as your 2nd or 3rd weakest starter... That's pretty damn good.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB and RT in that order are easily the biggest needs for the Chiefs.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
QB and RT in that order are easily the biggest needs for the Chiefs.
If we can address both of these in this draft I'd be pretty ecstatic.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have said it elsewhere, the Chiefs have a good LB in Gabe Miller, 5th round pick.

ILB could be his spot. He was a TE for two years, so he understands coverage. He was a DE, so he understands hand usage. Obviously, neither of those is LB, and we can see in Justin Houston that even LBs have a lot to learn. That being said, I am convinced that the reason he was put on IR is that the team did not want to expose him to waivers.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote