Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Did his brother ever catch on with an NFL team?
I wouldn't know.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I wouldn't know.
The both played at Souther Miss together. I know Michael was a LB/S tweener. I think his brother basically was too.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think Nelson's ballhawk skills would compliment Arch a little better. But as far as rush D goes, you want Landry back there. Plus, Landry can play both Safety positions in case Arch busts/gets injured.

Hmmm....

I don't know, 6 is awfully high for a safety. I love safeties but 6?

Who knows, this could even be a bluff by the Redskins. By throwing this rumored trade out, maybe theyre trying to see if anyone else will hastily offer them something more for the 6th pick. They could be using Chicago.
It seems like I'm the only guy left these days who doesn't have a complete hard on for safeties. I've never seen the infatuation with them, especially as top ten draft choices. I still look at them as guys who are too small to play linebacker and don't have the hips or athleticism to play corner. It's the least important position on defense. To me, anyways.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Safeties went 7-8 last year, and I like Landry better than either of them. I also love safeties, and I think it'd be a good and very possible pick.
Landry can't hold a candle to Whitner and Huff. I think Landry might be a bust, and the fact that he was slow in the shuttle with a bad showing of hip flexibility (relative to a top 10 pick anyway) is a sign. Whitner and Huff were awesome prospects - great against the pass and the run and very physical to boot, and both can probably start at CB and be probowlers there.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to say that I broke this story on the Bears Team Discussion late last night, a thank ya! :D

Anywho, now that I can actually read without any dillusional images in my head (I've gotten 2 hours of sleep the past two nights) I'll comment on this.

I thought I was seeing something when they reported this last night on Sports Nite here in Chicago. And I was quite shocked that they said Daniel Snyder had confirmed the offer.

If this trade goes through I think I'd crap my pants. Everyone on here, including myself on paper would've said "hell no" to giving up the #16 pick in the draft for Lance Briggs. If we can pull this off, I'd be extremely happy. And now on to who we'd be targeting: (in no particular order)

1) Brady Quinn - I really think Rexy is in JA's dog house. And I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him nab the best QB in this draft. Brady is a Carson Palmer type QB prospect IMO.

2) Laron Landry - The best safety prospect in this draft without a doubt IMO. Incredible skill set, great range, hard hitter, and a playmaker. I could see JA taking this guy if he feels Mike Brown's days are numbered.

3) Levi Brown - While some may call him a reach here, he's certainly a very good OT prospect. A monster of a man who is very good in pass protection and from what I've seen, can run block well as well. Certainly a need area for us this draft with two aging vets in Tait and Miller.

4) Patrick Willis - I don't see this happening but it could. Would be a reach here but IMO he's the best LB prospect in the draft. Great range and would fit in well in the Cover 2 scheme. Impact type LB at the next level.

5) Trade up for CJ. 51 mentioned this already but if we did this, I'd personally send JA a box of chocolates. CJ is one of the best WR prospects to come out in a loooonnggg time and he'd instantly make our offense better. I'm salivating right now even thinking about him in Chicago.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
packer_pat_4
Rookie

packer_pat_4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sweetness if Quinn is gone, could you see the Bears taking Okoye? I can see them doing that for some reason.
packer_pat_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

WOW. I thought it was just briggs for the 6th pick, then I saw the 31st pick too. Still a bad trade for the Skins. It really doesn't matter though, because the Bears lost the super-bowl, so they are gonna suck anyway.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
WOW. I thought it was just briggs for the 6th pick, then I saw the 31st pick too. Still a bad trade for the Skins. It really doesn't matter though, because the Bears lost the super-bowl, so they are gonna suck anyway.
Says the man with 5 negative rep squares. :D

I'd prefer Branch over Okoye personally. I know Amobi has a ton of upside, but he's got a really low floor, and JA likes guys with high floors. I don't think we got DL there though if we make the trade. I think it'll be WR, S, QB, OLB, or OT.

Or we could trade down and pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the draft. Lots of options there.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A front four of Ogunleye-Harris-Branch-Brown/Anderson would be nasty.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
It seems like I'm the only guy left these days who doesn't have a complete hard on for safeties. I've never seen the infatuation with them, especially as top ten draft choices. I still look at them as guys who are too small to play linebacker and don't have the hips or athleticism to play corner. It's the least important position on defense. To me, anyways.
I think in today's league of parity, and the more pass happy nature of the league in general, its very important to have a presence at the safety position on defense.

At the end of the day, if you can stop the run and defend the deepball, you can essentially have a good defense in today's NFL. The safety defends the deepball. You can make a strong case for safeties being more important to defenses nowadays than CBs.

Ive said this in the Giants thread before, I want you to consider this:

New England
Pittsburgh
Indianapolis
Baltimore
Tampa Bay

The past 7 NFL champions. What do they all have in common? They all had a presence at the safety position. The same can't be said of the CB position however.

The game has changed, and so has the responsibilities of the safety. Now more than ever, its imperative to have a quality presence at the safety position to be a championship caliber team. You need that guy who can be a run stopping presence at the 3rd level, a guy who can cover the TE up the seam, and defend the deep zone.

Having said that, I think a top 6 pick on a safety is still a little too high. Unless he's the next Ronnie Lott, I don't think its worth it.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 03-27-2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: grammar errors and additional commentary
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
A front four of Ogunleye-Harris-Branch-Brown/Anderson would be nasty.
Calvin Johnson learning from Moose's physical style of play would be nasty.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Calvin Johnson learning from Moose's physical style of play would be nasty.
CJ just in a bears uniform would be nasty

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin Johnson doesn't need to learn a style of play from a possession receiver who could never touch his skill set in his prime. Moose can teach Johnson nuances of blocking and route running, but CJ is advanced and ready to produce right now. It's all about technique now. His style of play is completely different from Moose's.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Says the man with 5 negative rep squares. :D
I don't care about that stupid rep bars, are you serious? Oh and when the Bears have a losing record, you heard it hear first.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to go threw all the pages is this trade just talk or really going down?
Old 03-27-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I don't want to go threw all the pages is this trade just talk or really going down?
All talk but read Jay Glazer's article on foxsports. It will shed some light on why this is such a hot topic because parts of this rumor has been confirmed by Dan Synder.
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

THe bears should make it go down. No single player is worth 25 picks in the first round, and they are gettinmg and off like that right now. They should jump on it likes it Jessica Alba.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care about that stupid rep bars, are you serious? Oh and when the Bears have a losing record, you heard it hear first.
with the schedule the bears have next year, they should only lose about 6 games at the most...and last time i checked, 10-6 gets you homefield throughout the playoffs in the NFC lol

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-27-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Boley eh? I gotta do more hw on the guy, I don't know much about him.
He's on the Falcons defense.

Therefore he sucks.

And Mike Vick sucks too.

Class dismissed.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I think the price tag is a little too much. Basically the value of the 16th overall pick. On top of that the Redskins might have to throw in a late round pick on top of MEGA contract they will have to sign him too. And this contract won't be like the ones they signed Arch and Randle El to that they can get out of anytime. This will have 20 million guaranteed.

I don't see why the Skins are so interested in Briggs. I thought they were high on McIntosh, one of the few draft picks they've kept recently. And they have Washington on the other side. Unless someone is switching to the middle.
Matt Schaub was traded for the value of the 20th pick in the draft.

You can't see the Redskins valuing Briggs higher than Schaub was valued?
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
Matt Schaub was traded for the value of the 20th pick in the draft.

You can't see the Redskins valuing Briggs higher than Schaub was valued?
Schuab is a QB though. Will Briggs have as much impact on the Redskins season if he is traded their as Schaub will on the Texans season? On top of that Briggs is asking for WAY more money than Schaub is getting. I can't see Briggs being worth what you lose in the trade and what you have to pay him.

I like the Schaub deal a lot more.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
THe bears should make it go down. No single player is worth 25 picks in the first round, and they are gettinmg and off like that right now. They should jump on it likes it Jessica Alba.
seriously? not one player?

so say you were idk minnesota, cleveland, tampa bay...you wouldn't trade your top 10 pick for say peyton manning?

or if you were cleveland, detroit, minnesota, oakland...you wouldn't trade your pick for LT?

good thing your not in charge of any football team...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-27-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guarantee this trade or these terms to be more precise will not go down.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
seriously? not one player?

so say you were idk minnesota, cleveland, tampa bay...you wouldn't trade your top 10 pick for say peyton manning?

or if you were cleveland, detroit, minnesota, oakland...you wouldn't trade your pick for LT?

good thing your not in charge of any football team...
Not for Lance Briggs, but I'd do it for a guy like LT or Peyton Manning.

Also, nice sig quote dude. I thought it was pretty classless when you guys did that in Iowa City this year. And this after Alford bitched about how fans needed to show more class, and then your fan base does that.

Quote:
Old 03-27-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great analysis assclown. Actually I heard it first like 5 years ago when someone so cleverly realized that teams that made the Superbowl hadn't made the playoffs the next year in a while.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote