Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
It seems like I'm the only guy left these days who doesn't have a complete hard on for safeties. I've never seen the infatuation with them, especially as top ten draft choices. I still look at them as guys who are too small to play linebacker and don't have the hips or athleticism to play corner. It's the least important position on defense. To me, anyways.
Not in our defense senor. I'd say FS is second to only the defensive line.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please...uofi fans really need to get off their high horse and stop thinking they are above everyone else (not you specifically sweetness but in general)...yes it wasn't good sportsmanship and yes it is funny as a comeback to the annoying ILL-INI...maybe if uofi stopped thinking they were better than iowa in every aspect I wouldn't hate them so much...and can you honestly say that your fans have never made the same sort of comment/phrase/cheer about another school during athletic events? I know there was alot of that going around during the whole pierre pierce fiasco...so maybe instead of worrying about stupid cheers that have zero effect on the well-being of anyone, illinois should start focusing on keeping their "athletes" out of trouble

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Besides the fact that they are giving up too much for Briggs, what I really dont get about this is why are they trading for a LB of all positions? They just signed Fletcher to a fat deal. Marcus Washington is an excellent SLB. Lemar Marshall will be getting the chance to move back to WLB, where he is best fit to play. And lets not forget about Rocky McIntosh, who they gave a lot up to trade up for just last year. I cant imagine why they would trade for a high profile LB!
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all rumor Snyder wants to draw attention as he wants to trade the 6th pick so now teams will try to make offers for #6 before it is gone, only way we would make such a crazy trade would be to acquire a franchise CB or DE not a LB.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
It's all rumor Snyder wants to draw attention as he wants to trade the 6th pick so now teams will try to make offers for #6 before it is gone, only way we would make such a crazy trade would be to acquire a franchise CB or DE not a LB.
Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better.
Nothing has happened so you are just setting yourself up for upset.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what D does washington play and where would briggs fit into it?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-27-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I've already said that I think it's a fair deal for Washington and that my preference would be to sign Briggs to a deal and keep him so if it doesn't happen (and if it doesn't it sounds like it'll be because the Bears don't want to) I would be fine.

That being said, when your FO and ownership are publicly stating it's a deal they want to make I'd say it's more than likely that's what it is. Especially considering the non-sensical tradition of Snyder wanting to make flashy moves. This is perfectly up his alley and to act like it's not is to put your head in the sand.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
please...uofi fans really need to get off their high horse and stop thinking they are above everyone else (not you specifically sweetness but in general)...yes it wasn't good sportsmanship and yes it is funny as a comeback to the annoying ILL-INI...maybe if uofi stopped thinking they were better than iowa in every aspect I wouldn't hate them so much...and can you honestly say that your fans have never made the same sort of comment/phrase/cheer about another school during athletic events? I know there was alot of that going around during the whole pierre pierce fiasco...so maybe instead of worrying about stupid cheers that have zero effect on the well-being of anyone, illinois should start focusing on keeping their "athletes" out of trouble
What was going around during the Pierce fiasco? We never called him a rapist or anything like that, at least not in a game. And we're on our high horse? You guys are the ones who come in to our forums and try and talk smack to us when you can't even make the NIT. We don't need to think we're better than you in Basketball, because you are, and yet you have annoying Iowa fans who try and bash our program every damn day. Sure we have some fans who are on high horses, but at least we're not dellusional about basketball, see hawkeyefan.

My main complaint is against Alford who whined about people making fun of his team and then not saying anything when Iowa fans did that to us. That is hyprocisy at its finest. The worst thing we did this year was hold up cell phones to Kelvin Sampson, and that was funny. Btw, I just like giving Iowa fans ****, haha. I mean yea it kinda ticked me off when you guys did that but it's not that big of a deal.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Who gives a **** about Illinois and Iowa? Shut up.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The first stage is denial. Soon to come confusion, then anger, and finally acceptance that you have a douche bag owner. :D

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
what D does washington play and where would briggs fit into it?
This is why this deal makes no sense and would be terrible if made. First off Briggs would be starting over Lemar Marshall and more importantly Rocky McIntosh. Drafting Briggs is like telling Rocky although we invested to much in him his career as a skin is over, despite the fact he looked so good as a playmaker last year in limited playing time unless we don't plan on resigning Marcus Washington in the future. 2nd off we don't play a tampa 2 defense which Briggs is suited for and to invest this much money when we look pretty bad at LB would be such a mistake, I'd much rather make a play for Dre Bly which would cost so much less and be a bigger need, no doubt I wanna trade down in the draft to pick up a DE and possibly DT and SS but trading down to get Briggs when the value is horrible is just a terrible mistake, I still don't believe this will happen but if it does I might just have to give Mr. Snyder a little visit. Just when this offseason started to show a change in direction in only signing a few players and resigning must of our guys except Dockery who was offered ridiculous money, we make a bonehead move like this, again this will not happen but just in case...

Old 03-27-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
:D

We're just having some fun dude. Go take some midol 51, your PMS is starting again. ;)

Quote:
Old 03-27-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
I do because I despise Illinois and attend Iowa...and also like to give their fans **** just for fun 99% of the time...

anyways...lance briggs is not going to play for the bears, whether he's traded or sits out, it has gotten to the point where he will never play for them just in spite...that being said, obviously if this is a serious offer then the bears should take it in a heartbeat...even thought we don't need the #6 pick it is great to have in the fact we can basically get anyone we want or trade down to pick up an additional pick along with a 1st rounder...the only problem we would have at drafting someone we want at 6 is if we could get him lower in the draft we would then have to pay him a top 10 salary

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-27-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Next Person to cuss in this thread gets an infraction although some already deserve more than 1.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Next Person to cuss in this thread gets an infraction although some already deserve more than 1.
This is what happens when the teams of mods screw up. They get testy.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
This is what happens when the teams of mods screw up. They get testy.
Or I could just do what I am supposed to do and give an infraction to every poster who cursed banning atleast 2 people in this thread, but I chose not to cause I like to avoid giving infractions. Anyways a trade I would understand more would be like a 5th this year along with a 2nd next year and Rocky McIntosh for Lance Briggs.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Said it yesterday and I'll say it today. This deal will not go down on these currently rumored terms.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Or I could just do what I am supposed to do and give an infraction to every poster who cursed banning atleast 2 people in this thread, but I chose not to cause I like to avoid giving infractions. Anyways a trade I would understand more would be like a 5th this year along with a 2nd next year and Rocky McIntosh for Lance Briggs.
yea well JA would never accept that...I mean he wanted a first rounder for TJ last year when offered a 2nd...31 and briggs for 6 is hardly understandable from the 'skins point but from our point its orgasmic

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-27-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow this is so stupid, if quinns there you gotta believe that they take him, if he's not i think they go landry, which would suck for the falcons, but they would just pick anderson, seeing as adams is probaly off the board
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Old 03-27-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is why this deal makes no sense and would be terrible if made. First off Briggs would be starting over Lemar Marshall and more importantly Rocky McIntosh. Drafting Briggs is like telling Rocky although we invested to much in him his career as a skin is over, despite the fact he looked so good as a playmaker last year in limited playing time unless we don't plan on resigning Marcus Washington in the future. 2nd off we don't play a tampa 2 defense which Briggs is suited for and to invest this much money when we look pretty bad at LB would be such a mistake, I'd much rather make a play for Dre Bly which would cost so much less and be a bigger need, no doubt I wanna trade down in the draft to pick up a DE and possibly DT and SS but trading down to get Briggs when the value is horrible is just a terrible mistake, I still don't believe this will happen but if it does I might just have to give Mr. Snyder a little visit. Just when this offseason started to show a change in direction in only signing a few players and resigning must of our guys except Dockery who was offered ridiculous money, we make a bonehead move like this, again this will not happen but just in case...

My friend, youre thinking logically. So clearly, you are not thinking on the same playing field as Dan Synder. Remember, this doesn't have to make sense, this is Dan Snyder we're talking about. His moves never make sense.

Those FA moves last year made no sense, but it still happened. I also think it would be a huge mistake for the Skins...but with Snyder it doesn't matter.

With Brigg's latest comments, its almost as if he's forcing this trade to go down. Its a very legit possibility, although a laughable one. I simply don't understand how an NFL owner can be so oblivious to the game of football.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Schuab is a QB though. Will Briggs have as much impact on the Redskins season if he is traded their as Schaub will on the Texans season? On top of that Briggs is asking for WAY more money than Schaub is getting. I can't see Briggs being worth what you lose in the trade and what you have to pay him.

I like the Schaub deal a lot more.

Schaub is a QB.... with a career 52.2 completion percentage, 1-1 INT to TD Ration, 69.2 QB rating, and only 161 total attempts in the NFL.

Briggs is a proven Pro Bowl Caliber LB.

Last edited by Non_Sequitur : 03-27-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hahahahaha that trade is even less likely to happen than this one and you know it.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I think it's just a smokescreen to drive up the price for our pick. Rocky looked promising last year, and is already familiar with GW's system. Briggs is a great athlete, but I think that it is the Bears' system that makes him what he is. Not to mention that he plays next to Urlacher. Another reason to believe that it is a smokescreen is it just so happens to come before the owners meeting...

You know Snyder is there shopping that around, and Briggs will do anything to get out of Chicago. Smokescreen by both sides to try and land something somewhere else.