Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and also i get to thinking that briggs is a system player, he'll probaly put up good numbers but not any where near the ones he put up in chicago
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking about this whole "Lance Briggs is a system player" talk and wanted to comment on it.

First, let's discuss what he thrives at doing. And thats playing a weakside zone, where he can crash against the run, play a zone coverage and break on the ball, or blitz. Play in space essentially.

Now why can't that work in other systems? As long as his new team puts him in a similar role, why can't he thrive? Will his "stats" be as high? No, because he won't have to cover as much ground. Can he be just as effective? Yes, I think so.

The only way he doesn't work, is if he's thrown in alot man coverage, or if he's thrown at SAM. I think he'll be just fine in any 4-3 WILL role. To maximize his worth, simply use him in a similar way to the Cover 2 which isn't out of this world.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No doubt I'd love to have Briggs being only 26 and one of the top LB's in the game but I would never accept this trade, questions of Briggs being a "system" player are there but that's not what worries me cause I think he would be a great player for us, but getting him would mean one of 2 things either Rocky is a wasted pick and career backup or we aren't planning on keeping Marcus Washington long term. Add to this is we are not getting the value of our pick, if it were a logical trade the Bears should be forced to give up their 2nd rounder atleast and a conditional mid rounder next year but Snyder seems intent on being a complete idiot.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I think we should just ride it out till draft day. It's not like Briggs is really going anywhere... Let some other team pay an outrageous amount of money for him. There is a good chance that Quinn/Peterson falls into our laps and that is prime trade bait.

If we could get Harris from them, I'd do that :D
Old 03-27-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I think we should just ride it out till draft day. It's not like Briggs is really going anywhere... Let some other team pay an outrageous amount of money for him. There is a good chance that Quinn/Peterson falls into our laps and that is prime trade bait.

Chris Harris for the 6th overall pick? Deal.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Chris Harris for the 6th overall pick? Deal.
Tommie? For 1st round swap and a fourth.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Or I could just do what I am supposed to do and give an infraction to every poster who cursed banning atleast 2 people in this thread, but I chose not to cause I like to avoid giving infractions. Anyways a trade I would understand more would be like a 5th this year along with a 2nd next year and Rocky McIntosh for Lance Briggs.
Change the 2nd rounder to next years first rounder, and I would not mind that trade. Bears will need the picks next year more so then they need them this year. And getting McIntosh will at least wont make an OLB a great need in this years draft for the Bears.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
keep dreaming buddy. Thats not going to happen.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think that if we get him we need to trade Rocky I'd hate to see his career to be ruined, or we might be planning on parting with Marcus Washington you never know.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Honestly I'd have no idea what the Bears would do at 6. If this trade happens, the Bears are ripping the Skins balls off. The Skins are who I thought they were.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm also bummed if Rocky doesn't get a fair shot. Come on, let the kid shine.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tommie? For 1st round swap and a fourth.
haha or tommie for your first, second, and third...thats more realistic than your idea
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
haha or tommie for your first, second, and third...thats more realistic than your idea
Screw that, Tommie for their entire draft, and throw in Sean Taylor. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

While I do hate this trade and think we aren't getting the value for our pick, if you look at it at face value lets assume our pick at #6 is Gaines Adams, I like getting a 25 year old top LB in Briggs and Jarvis Moss or Charles Johnson or even a Michael Griffin or Aaron Ross instead of just Gaines, problem is we could get so much more for the pick but if you look at it just like that Briggs and one of those players I mentioned I would like better than just taking a Gaines Adams. I think we are looking too much at the "trade value chart" it is a place to start but it isn't the end all law. However we still are being shafted if this goes down cause realistically we deserve atleast an additional 2nd rounder but doesn't look like that is gonna happen, but you never know the terms haven't been released yet.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't you guarantee it absolutely wouldn't happen?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Didn't you guarantee it absolutely wouldn't happen?
Yeah I guarantee the deal won't go down with those exact terms just swapping firsts and Briggs.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

talking about it on espn right now...interview with rosenhaus said right now its just meetings between bears and skins...but the skins came out and said they didn't appreciate how rosenhaus came out with the news when nothing was officially being discussed yet and that its nothing more than a talk/rumor right now...
Old 03-27-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL @ Mort cutting Rosenhaus at the knees within 60 seconds' time on Sportscenter. It's unlikely to happen.

Btw, I think it's the Bears who are unappreciative of this being out in the open.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
LOL @ Mort cutting Rosenhaus at the knees within 60 seconds' time on Sportscenter. It's unlikely to happen.

Btw, I think it's the Bears who are unappreciative of this being out in the open.
maybe it was...sorry I was just watching and trying to type as I heard it...either way it is starting not to look good...
Old 03-27-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

Both teams are I mean look at this a simple typical little rumor but because Rosenhaus is involved it makes it seem like it's going down already and here we get a 12 page thread on how the Redskins are so dumb for making a move they didn't make.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

im sorry but 12 pages is just lame, who the **** cares until this **** actually goes down, it should be just a rumor and locked, period.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny thing is, neither team improves significantly than just staying put in this deal.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
No doubt I'd love to have Briggs being only 26 and one of the top LB's in the game but I would never accept this trade, questions of Briggs being a "system" player are there but that's not what worries me cause I think he would be a great player for us, but getting him would mean one of 2 things either Rocky is a wasted pick and career backup or we aren't planning on keeping Marcus Washington long term. Add to this is we are not getting the value of our pick, if it were a logical trade the Bears should be forced to give up their 2nd rounder atleast and a conditional mid rounder next year but Snyder seems intent on being a complete idiot.

I don't think Rocky was our pick. I think that we traded up to get D'Qwell but got hosed. That being said I wouldn't mind having Briggs but they would need to throw in a 2nd rounder or Tom Harris.. :0)
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
im sorry but 12 pages is just lame, who the **** cares until this **** actually goes down, it should be just a rumor and locked, period.
Jelous much?

A) It's a big trade on the table

B) It involves one of the best LB's in the game

C) It involves the NFC Champs

How is it lame to be talking about this deal? Snyder said he offered it to Chicago. So it's more than just a rumor. The offer is on the table. If you don't care about it, then don't post in here. But obviously, with 12 pages on the subject, people are interested in this story.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Btw, that's 2 infraction points in your post scat. Tisk tisk.

Quote: