Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
toony you highly underestimate the stupidy of the Redskins' front office my friend. And I wouldn't be suprised at all to see them trade us straight up. Not likely to happen but you never no with Snyder running things over there.

I don't think anything is going to happen for a while, not until at least a week before draft, if not sooner. JA knows what he's doing and he's going to wait it out to see what happens because you don't want to jump the gun on this thing. Lance Briggs doensn't hold the cards right now, we do. We own his rights, and we choose if he stays or if he goes. Hell, we could do the same thing next year as well. Lance put himself in a tough spot by opening his mouth and now he'll have to sweat it out.

Idk, I just don't get a player bitching about getting a $7 million deal while being able to play for one of the best teams in the NFL right now. So what, you didn't get a long term deal, take the money, play, and up your price for next year, b/c inflation is a part of sports and I think he could getter a larger deal next offseason if he plays here for one more year. Just my opinion though. I can see where he's coming from but this could've been handled a lot different, oh wait, I forgot Rosendouche is his agent, nevermind.
Eh ... I'm ready for this debate if you want to go into it.

Tell me the stupid moves by the Redskins front office ... and I'll give you a counter for most of them.

And it's not to say that the Redskins were right, as I didn't like plenty of their moves in the recent years ... and sometimes I thought they were dead wrong. But the bashing is based on this belief that their philosophy is faulty, relative to the moving of picks. While I don't agree with their philosohpy, the issue hasn't necessarily been the philosophy, which, hypothetically, can work. It's been the execution of the said philosophy.

Now, whether or not they would trade straight up, I don't know. I don't claim to know how the Redskins value Lance Briggs ... but I'd be willing to bet good money against that. If they do, then yes, I would agree, that is a stupid, stupid move. Heck, I don't even like the current proposal for the Redskins side (great move for us, though). But your argument is that past history is a justification to classify the Redskins for poor moves, and while I don't agree with the Redskins moves, the name of the business has always been about rationalization projections and talent accumulation in many respects ... so, sure, I'll debate the moves again if you want to.

As for Lance Briggs, I don't begrudge him for this move. I want him to stay as a Bear, because otherwise, our window of opening, relative to next year, is a much tinier window. That said, he's definitely played at below market value. Look at it from Lance's perspective. This could've been his shot to cash in, in a tremendously weak market that also saw a rise in the cap at the same time. That's his security. And yes, that's a ton of money he'd get anyways, but it's a different world, and while I wish all athletes were paid less, that's the market that they live in. If Lance gets hurt, there goes his chance at a big time contract. Tis the market, and it's the offseason, otherwise known as, the time for a lot of talk.

As for Rosenhaus, he almost always does right by the team and the player. There were articles in the past about how teams preferred working with Drew because even though he makes everything into a circus, he works hard to try and get something done, and when it doesn't work, he works hard to try and find alternatives. That's the name of the game. If I was looking for an agent, I'd want someone like Drew.

On a side note, in all honesty, and this is just random comments by me, this trade would be much better for each side if they widened the trade to involve, say, Mike Brown going to the Redskins (giving them a strong safety and someone Greg Blache knows well) with a linebacker coming back to the Bears (giving us someone to throw into competition, say, Lemar Marshall).

Last edited by toonsterwu : 03-29-2007 at 12:54 AM.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Their D would be sick with Briggs on it. Why does he want to leave so bad?
That highly depends on their pass rush.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:24 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

If Branch (unlikely) or Harell Falls to 31 and we did get this trade it would be a genius move. But you know us...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:17 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happens to Rocky McIntosh if this trade goes through?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:55 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What happens to Rocky McIntosh if this trade goes through?
He was already slated to be fighting for a starting job with Lemar Marshall. If this trade goes through, those two would still be battling it out, but battling it out for the right to be the 4th LB. This is, of course, assuming both are kept, and I'd be surprsied if they kept both if they made the Briggs move, one or the other, yes (with Rocky having a higher chance to be kept, of coursE)..
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
DaBears0530
Rookie

DaBears0530 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

when do you guys think JA will make his decision on the trade??
Old 03-29-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Archuleta

Brandon Lloyd

Antwaan Randle-El

Chad Morton

There you go toony, fire back buddy. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

The last time I called out the Redskins, Toon gave me an essay as to why giving big money to Antwan Randle-El, Brandon Lloyd, wasn't bad. He loves playing the Devil's (Snyder's) Advocate.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Adam Archuleta

Brandon Lloyd

Antwaan Randle-El

Chad Morton

There you go toony, fire back buddy. :D
Its one thing to pay a lot for a guy who disappoints. That happens to everyteam. In the Adam Archuleta case they signed someone to largest contract in the history of the NFL at that position and then realized that he doesnt fit their scheme at all. Thats on a different level than the others.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet JA is trying to squeeze McIntosh out of the Skins. I bet he'll give up the 31st and Briggs for McIntosh and the 6.

Its way too much to ask for, but the Skins are crazy enough to do it.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I bet JA is trying to squeeze McIntosh out of the Skins. I bet he'll give up the 31st and Briggs for McIntosh and the 6.

Just like Denver somehow got a 2nd and Bailey, for Portis. The Skins' can be had for better than expected value, via trades.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that the trade will still go through but with less percieved (and more real) value for the Bears.

The idea of asking for McIntosh or Marshall along with future picks isn't a bad one. The problem with getting the 6th pick is that if we don't take a linebacker we're possibly paying another top 10 pick not to start. If we do take Patrick Willis, we're likely selecting a guy about 5-10 spots too early, and subsequently paying him millions more than he is worth.

That being said, if the negotiations are that acrimonious between Angelo and Rosenhaus, I don't see the logic in paying Briggs 7.2 million for 6 games and the playoffs (which seems to be the front office MO) at this point rather than at least dealing him for percieved good value and taking your chances that you can trade down.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm telling you guys, shanahan's on the phone right now with both teams. it's just a matter of finding some way for denver to steal something from the skins without actually giving anything up. as soon as he's done bending snyder over, the deal will go through.
The 6th pick is ideal for a top end DL prospect. The Bears would much rather get extra picks for depth than a top end pick that will hurt our cap and chances of signing Tommie Harris and our CBs. A three way trade doesnt sound like such bad idea. But then again it sounds like the Broncos arent doing too well in the cap department.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Hell the Skins hate first day draft picks so badly I could see them trade briggs for the 6th overall, period.

Imagine that conversation:

Dan Snyder (DS): Hey Jerry!
Jerry Angelo (JA): Hi Dan!
DS: Listen, we heared you have some problems with that Briggs guy?
JA: Yeah, he's being a baby about his franchise tag
DS: Well, as you know we have the 6th overall pick...
JA: I know.
DS: Wanna get rid of Briggs?
JA: If the price is right, we might consider it, yes.
DS: Well, you see, we're not really all that high on drafting and all, takes up too much time, y'know?
JA: yeah, tell me about it.
DS: So, we could make a deal, we rid you of your problem, and you rid us of the trouble of scouting and actually finding some talent!
JA: Sure, you want our draft pick and Briggs for your draft pick?
DS: Sweet Jesus no! I don't want no stinkin' draft pick!
JA: okay, so you just want our angry guy to be your angry guy
DS: Well, you know us, we'll overpay him and he'll be a happy guy again
JA: You got a point there

and the conversation goes on like that.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm telling you guys, shanahan's on the phone right now with both teams. it's just a matter of finding some way for denver to steal something from the skins without actually giving anything up. as soon as he's done bending snyder over, the deal will go through.
Blast it, it's true. Shanahan is probably licking his chops and laughing in the hallways right now.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Hell the Skins hate first day draft picks so badly I could see them trade briggs for the 6th overall, period.

Imagine that conversation:

Dan Snyder (DS): Hey Jerry!
Jerry Angelo (JA): Hi Dan!
DS: Listen, we heared you have some problems with that Briggs guy?
JA: Yeah, he's being a baby about his franchise tag
DS: Well, as you know we have the 6th overall pick...
JA: I know.
DS: Wanna get rid of Briggs?
JA: If the price is right, we might consider it, yes.
DS: Well, you see, we're not really all that high on drafting and all, takes up too much time, y'know?
JA: yeah, tell me about it.
DS: So, we could make a deal, we rid you of your problem, and you rid us of the trouble of scouting and actually finding some talent!
JA: Sure, you want our draft pick and Briggs for your draft pick?
DS: Sweet Jesus no! I don't want no stinkin' draft pick!
JA: okay, so you just want our angry guy to be your angry guy
DS: Well, you know us, we'll overpay him and he'll be a happy guy again
JA: You got a point there

and the conversation goes on like that.
You sure that Snyder is not trying to trade all future first rounders to the Bears, or do you think he has an agreement with the Broncos to keep some available just in case?
Old 03-29-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBear View Post
You sure that Snyder is not trying to trade all future first rounders to the Bears, or do you think he has an agreement with the Broncos to keep some available just in case?
lol.

I think the broncos are his emergency offload... whenever he's got picks, he just throws 'em towards colorado.

Maybe this perculiar draft philosophy has something to do with the Snyder family credo: 'you can't mess it up if you ain't got the means to do it in the first place'

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-29-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

Bears | Team wants more in Briggs trade
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:22:54 -0700

Updating a previous report, Mike Mulligan, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo is believed to be preparing a counteroffer to the Washington Redskins trade proposal involving LB Lance Briggs. The Bears are believed to want additional picks or players.

Bears | Team to take weekend on Briggs trade offer
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:11:39 -0700

Updating a previous post, Mark Maske, of the Washington Post, reports the Chicago Bears will contemplate the trade proposal from the Washington Redskins involving LB Lance Briggs through the weekend, according to league sources.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Bears | Team wants more in Briggs trade
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:22:54 -0700

Updating a previous report, Mike Mulligan, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo is believed to be preparing a counteroffer to the Washington Redskins trade proposal involving LB Lance Briggs. The Bears are believed to want additional picks or players.

Bears | Team to take weekend on Briggs trade offer
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:11:39 -0700

Updating a previous post, Mark Maske, of the Washington Post, reports the Chicago Bears will contemplate the trade proposal from the Washington Redskins involving LB Lance Briggs through the weekend, according to league sources.
I am stupified. I really thought the Redskins would... come to their senses.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 03-29-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not sure if additional picks is what he is after, just different ones other then the 6th pick in the draft. Bears have said that they have no player on their roster who can replace him, so additional players must mean McIntosh or Marshall, either one would potentially be fine with me, it would just depend on what else would be included. Redskins would not need to keep all those LBs on their roster anyway, and they can still keep their #6 pick to take a DL. Should be a better deal for both teams.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said most logical, but of course we don't think with knowledge would be Rocky, a 5th rounder this year, and a 2nd rounder next year.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol @ JA about to skull **** Snyder & the Redskins.

Priceless.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Like I said most logical, but of course we don't think with knowledge would be Rocky, a 5th rounder this year, and a 2nd rounder next year.
That's a horrible deal. Get real.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Redskins should see that any team can force their hand for Briggs and get a lopsided deal cause the Bears are the team who have to deal Briggs or have him sit out the year and walk next summer for nothing.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
The Redskins should see that any team can force their hand for Briggs and get a lopsided deal cause the Bears are the team who have to deal Briggs or have him sit out the year and walk next summer for nothing.
No. At minimum he'll play from week 10 on, which really the playoffs are going to be when we need him.

And they can just franchise his ass again if they want. If you think Jerry Angelo isn't that big of a hardass you clearly aren't paying attention. He just took what most people consider to be a steal and shrugged it off like it was dogmeat.

At no point will the Redskins ever have the upperhand in this negotiation. That's like a Zebra killing a Lion.