Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It wasn't stupid for the Bills cause they got value from it.

I'm fine with the Ravens shipping off A.D because you're right, they are good at replacing players like that, but they should have gotten something for him.

The assertion that they couldn't have is erroneous. The fact that he was given 20 million guaranteed is evidence enough of that. I'm sure plenty of teams would have given up a 2nd rounder for exclusive rights to negotiate with him.
Who said anything about not wanting something for him? The Ravens chose not to franchise him as a statement to the locker room, or at least thats the story thats being told. Apparently the players in Baltimore are against and for that matter it seems most players, and so the Ravens didn't franchise him. In fact the only player they have franchised is Chris McAlister and that was an ugly ordeal for a couple of years and so I guess thats why they chose not to franchise A.D.. Well that and the cap number for him would have caused the team to cut some veterans to get under the salary cap so that probably was in the mix as well. I agree with you that they should have gotten something for him to go to New England but it only seems to be destined as a comp pick.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damnit Redskins, can't you just this once try to actually draft players?
Old 03-26-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who doesn't think this a ridiculous deal? I mean what would you rather have?

Gaines Adams

or

Lance Briggs
Jamaal Anderson/Jarvis Moss/Anthony Spencer/Victor Abiamiri
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't think this a ridiculous deal? I mean what would you rather have?

Gaines Adams

or

Lance Briggs
Thank you.

If Briggs was 28 or 29 ok. He's 26. Sign him for a 7 year deal and you've got an elite linebacker that can be switched to MLB when London Fletcher wears down (which should not be too long).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's an ok deal. It's kinda humorous still though and TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last time we heard much from Briggs as far as the pro bowl is concerned.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Gaines Adams

or

Lance Briggs
The problem with this logic is that it completely bypasses the salary cap ramifications. Briggs is going to want to be paid like one of the top linebackers in the league. Plus, you have to add in another rookie contract (although it's the 31st pick, so it's not too expensive). I just have a feeling it's going to add up to be quite a bit more than it would cost for the sixth overall pick. The Redskins aren't exactly in a position to be handing out more fat signing bonuses, either.

However, if Washington is able to squeeze out one more conditional, mid-round pick, then I think the deal is pretty even for both sides.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Gaines Adams

or

Lance Briggs
I agree too, however I don't want to see the Bears with the # 6 overall.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
The problem with this logic is that it completely bypasses the salary cap ramifications. Briggs is going to want to be paid like one of the top linebackers in the league. Plus, you have to add in another rookie contract (although it's the 31st pick, so it's not too expensive). I just have a feeling it's going to add up to be quite a bit more than it would cost for the sixth overall pick. The Redskins aren't exactly in a position to be handing out more fat signing bonuses, either.

However, if Washington is able to squeeze out one more conditional, mid-round pick, then I think the deal is pretty even for both sides.
what would be the conditions of that pick? the bears aren't getting any players, which is usually where conditional picks come into play.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
what would be the conditions of that pick? the bears aren't getting any players, which is usually where conditional picks come into play.
The conditional pick would be base on Briggs and it would come from the Bears. Much like how Seattle had to give up a first instead of a second because of the amount of playing time Deion Branch had.
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

When the trade occured didnt shefter say it was a 1st anyways
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evershot View Post
The conditional pick would be base on Briggs and it would come from the Bears. Much like how Seattle had to give up a first instead of a second because of the amount of playing time Deion Branch had.
That doesn't make any sense. What he's saying is that usually, as in the case of Seattle, the team giving up the conditional pick is the team that gets the player. IE: dependent upon how the player does for said team. It very rarely (if ever) is the other way around. Why would we give more if Briggs is productive? That makes no sense.

I think people are trying to rationalize this too much. The rumored deal likely is what it is.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

This just posted on the Chicago Tribune site.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ears-headlines

To paraphrase, the Bears offered Briggs the same deal Clements got (one year deal with a promise not to re-franchise next season) and Briggs refused.

Washington is pushing the trade. The Bears have made no comments other than Angelo saying they had no plans to get rid of Briggs simply because he was making a "rukus".

Old 03-27-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
That doesn't make any sense. What he's saying is that usually, as in the case of Seattle, the team giving up the conditional pick is the team that gets the player. IE: dependent upon how the player does for said team. It very rarely (if ever) is the other way around. Why would we give more if Briggs is productive? That makes no sense.

I think people are trying to rationalize this too much. The rumored deal likely is what it is.
I was trying to explain what yourfavestoner wanted. He wants another pick from the Bear to give to the Redskins (ain't gone happen).
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess it just depends on how much Briggs is going to ask for. I don't have the numbers that the top linebackers make, but I do know that the difference between #6 and #31 this year is going to be about 18-20 million over 5 years.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Gaines Adams

or

Lance Briggs
which is why i really wouldnt mind it after looking it over a bit, people do over value draft picks here...well, i guess i did in my first couple posts on this thread, but after thinking...we already get a proven starter and one more who could get some playing time this year and help.

heck, we could even take quinn pitcock/tank tyler/justin harrell or whoever to help out the d-line, there's still a bunch of good prospects to take for us.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Last edited by critesy : 03-27-2007 at 12:39 AM.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, wouldnt resigning Briggs be similar to that of a #6 overall contract? Why not get a bonefide starter, that you know is a probowler, and has many years left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Also, wouldnt resigning Briggs be similar to that of a #6 overall contract? Why not get a bonefide starter, that you know is a probowler, and has many years left.
No. Briggs will get something very similar to Clements. Adalius Thomas got about 22 million guaranteed I believe. I'm sure Briggs will get more than that.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Gaines Adams

or

Lance Briggs

Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaa *breath* Hahahahahaha......

Jamaal Anderson at the 31st pick....... Hahahahahahahhaa........
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we do get the #6 do you think theres any chance we trade that pick then? I mean yea we could get any number of people at that pick and I would want them to, but JA seems to like to trade down in drafts and people really really over-value draft picks so maybe theres a chance of getting a lower pick or 2 or another player we need via trade? just a thought...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Synder continues to look like a bigger fool every year and the Redskins fans love him for it. I don't know whether to crack up more at Snyder or their fans. LMAO!
ok wow, u can shut up cause what redskins fans do u see jockin snyder for the moves hes made in the past? how bout none, damn cowboys fans think they're gods

this deal shouldnt be done cause briggs is gonna cost too much and we need a elite dline prospect not a ok one in the late 1st

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:34 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
ZOMG!!!!!! Think of the possibilities! 31 and Briggs for 6... omg, I could fondle myself to the thought of that. OMG, I need to look at some of the possibilities!
LMAO Smokey you're a trip man..wow there's a lot to talk about now. I'd really like to see us move down a little and try to get Patrick Willis and another player in the 2nd, 3rd maybe. IMO I just don't really see any player that will land to us this high other than Landry but to Lose Briggs this definatelly means we're going to have to draft OLB. Well like i said..OLB will definatelly be a 1st day selection and if this goes down I bet it won't past rnd 2 for sure.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
if we do get the #6 do you think theres any chance we trade that pick then? I mean yea we could get any number of people at that pick and I would want them to, but JA seems to like to trade down in drafts and people really really over-value draft picks so maybe theres a chance of getting a lower pick or 2 or another player we need via trade? just a thought...
I need to read through threads before posting. I completely agree with this iowa. I'd **** my pants if we were high enough to take Calvin Johnson but this simply won't happen. Laron Landry would be nice but I'm confident Mike Brown can come back and do well. At 31 drafting a Safety would be fine but #6? I don't know about that one. If we could trade down and get additional picks then I'd be all for it. I'd really like to see us get the chance at Patrick Willis. This guy will be a monster in the NFL. Hell Beason, Poz, Timmons, or Willis would be fine with me if we can get another draft pick in addition.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bah. I don't know why I said "conditional" at all. Just got caught up in repeating the rhetoric that I'm used to hearing so much. I just meant an additional mid-round pick.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:35 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most intriguing thing about all this to me is the role of Drew Rosenhaus. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Dan Snyder is doing Drew a favor to drum up talk and try to build a market. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if Snyder really wanted to make this move and is awaiting Joe Gibbs decision. Personally, I'm waiting for Jason LaCanfora's blog to hear more.

Onto the ramifications from my perspective -

As nice as the 6th pick is, the Bears would only make this move as a last resort. As much as we (including myself) talk about the relative ease of moving a player in at LB for the scheme (witness Indy's LB turnovers for example), the reality, especially in this situation, would be far different and likely lead to a drop in play. With the Bears window being now, that's a move that's tough to make.

That said, it is something I could see. So what would be the focus at 6, assuming we don't deal again? With the move for Anthony Adams and Adam Archuleta addressing some short term concerns, it allows us to focus more, when comparing the talent to what is there. Ideally, the Bears would like Calvin Johnson ... but he won't be there. What's after that? I don't buy QB ... not there. Even if Quinn is there (and if he is, then the Texans might've miscalculated bad, as they liked him but didn't want to give up the assets), I don't see the Bears going that route. They are likely going with a Rex/Brian plan this year, and at best, they'll find a 3rd QB to compete with Kyle. That's my guess.

I think Laron Landry and Patrick Willis top the list if we stay at 6. For all the talk about Willis being a mike in a 4-3 and a weak ILB in a 3-4, I still believe that the role he might be able to make the most impact is as a tampa-2 weak. That allows him to flow and attack with regularity, limiting his exposure in coverage of the deep middle. It does raise some coverage concerns on the edges, but not enough. If Briggs is dealt, Willis could be given the chance to start immediately.

The other thought runs to Laron Landry. Archuleta will get one starting spot, and while signs point to Mike Brown returning, if the Bears deal that high, they'll likely jump Minnesota, who should be one of the first suitors for Landry (and no, I don't expect Landry to go top 5). I highly doubt any team deals into the top 5 for Landry ... but who knows. The Bears could move to 6 to grab Landry, let Mike Brown go, slide Danieal Manning to CB (and provide key depth for us there).

All in all, if it's Willis or Landry, I'd prefer seeing us deal up or down at that point, and not stay. I don't see defensive lineman there for now. What do Willis and Landry have in common? For the most part, many are viewing them as low risks. Even though I have concerns with Willis, serious concerns, I can agree with the low risk assessment as he has the appropriate work ethic, background, and is strong in enough areas that he should make a long career for himself in the NFL.

I could see the Bears dealing up ... or down from there. A long way to go.

For Washington, I would hate this deal. It just doesn't make sense, and while the Redskiins have done nonsensical things in the past, this offseason has, for the most part, been frugal and made sense. They've tried to address OL depth (albeit, I think Fabini's done ... and not sure what Ross Tucker has), and CB Depth. They've created linebacker depth with the signing of London Fletcher-Baker, as Rocky McIntosh likely is on the outside looking in. Adding Lance Briggs makes little sense in reference to their needs. That would mean 5 LB's for 3 spots (Washington, Fletcher-Baker, Briggs, Marshall, McIntosh), and unless Gregg Williams decides to shock the world with a 3-4 (he's not ...), that means someone capable moves on.

Dropping to 31 is also a huge risk relative to their DL needs. Granted, it puts them in play for the 2nd tier DT's, but the needed base end help is iffy there. Someone should be there ... will it be someone they like enough? It doesn't address their need for more picks at the same time (outside of another LB being dealt off). A darkhorse at 31 would be going OL ... and adding a guard, creating the necessary depth (Todd Wade going back to a depth role). That being said, it's just not a smart move in an offseason that, for the most part, has been smart (not spending wildly ... that being said, I, as previously noted, was not a big fan of the Fletcher-Baker move).

Let's wait and see what happens, and I suggest people keep a close eye on the LaCanfora blog, as he, IMO, is one of the best beat writers out there right now, and in his blog, has been very fair in critiquing and praising the Redskins.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:47 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lolooolllolooloooollllllloooolllloolololollllllool zzz

The trade isn't as bad as it looks at first, but WOW still.

If the Bears pull this off, they may try to trade down in the first to get in a position for another LB.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote