Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thats true...but would they use the 6th pick in the draft to go after another defensive player? Theyre fine on defense. I dont know, its a tough call.
Well, they would be losing one defensive stud. Why not replace him with another. They still have two second round choices where they could address the offense.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Oh... in that case... you're almost as sexy as D'Brick.

*phew*

As a Jets fan, I was born with natural defensiveness.
Almost as sexy?

And to think I was gonna buy you something on Valentines day....
Old 03-27-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well, they would be losing one defensive stud. Why not replace him with another. They still have two second round choices where they could address the offense.
Yeah, I guess youre right. Landry would be a Bear.

Damn...he'd be a waste in the Tampa 2. Well....not really, but still...I don't want to see him in the Tampa 2.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Huh ... we would have 2 2nd rounders? If we dealt up, that would leave us 37 and the 3rd rounder ... unless I've missed something.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I think Andy Reid and Joe Banner (right ... too lazy to check right now) have a good philosophy with the draft. That said, I just don't see Angelo behaving that way, but who knows.

As noted, assuming that CJ is off the board, I think the two top names would be Patrick Willis or Laron Landry (and thus, I'd be fine with dealing down). There's a chance one of them is already off (Willis moreso than Landry). Willis could slide into the weakside backer spot fairly well, while Landry could be the FS, moving Danieal Manning to CB. Both are considered to be fairly low risk guys, which would go in line with Angelo's track record (even though I'm not gung ho about either becoming a stud player), and both would potentially fill key roles in a team whose window is now.

Personally, if it's between Willis or Landry, I'd rather deal ... up or down.
I like Willis, but Im starting to think his new draft position is not worth the price. He's solid don't get me wrong, but he's not worth a top 6 pick.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
And who else is worthy for their starting lineup at 6? The only guy I see is Calvin Johnson.
Landry. Mike Brown still might be out for the first few weeks, Landry would at least start until then, maybe even longer because Archuleta might not return to his old form.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ideally we would trade up or down. Other than the picks of Landry, and Willis, I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing Alan Branch there considering Tank may be out for up to eight games( more likely four). I could be wrong but I see an athletic DT of his size freeing up Tommie and Urlacher and upgrading our D to the next level.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Ideally we would trade up or down. Other than the picks of Landry, and Willis, I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing Alan Branch there considering Tank may be out for up to eight games( more likely four). I could be wrong but I see an athletic DT of his size freeing up Tommie and Urlacher and upgrading our D to the next level.
I think if you go DT, Okeye is a more realistic possibility. He's more of a Tampa 2 DT than Branch.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Willis, but Im starting to think his new draft position is not worth the price. He's solid don't get me wrong, but he's not worth a top 6 pick.
I heartily agree ... and I'll keep with my original position, which is that, I personally wouldn't pick Willis in the top 20. LB's can be found ... and even though this is a linebacker thin draft, especially lacking bigger backers ... I don't think you take a backer that early unless they have minimal flaws ... and Willis has flaws. I think Tim Shaw in the 2nd round/3rd round, especially with his versatility, is a much better value than Patrick Willis top 20.

That said, the physical upside along with a solid background is making it seem as if Willis, at worst, will go top 15 ... and potentially top 10.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
As bbd has noted, I highly doubt that we would pursue Branch. Grabbing Okoye would make more sense as a fit than Branch, and arguably, Okoye has better value than Branch, along with the potential to add some size.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Huh ... we would have 2 2nd rounders? If we dealt up, that would leave us 37 and the 3rd rounder ... unless I've missed something.
My fault. I forgot you switched picks in the 2nd round with the Jets instead of gaining an additional 2nd. So let's say this trade goes through and the Bears now have the Skins 1st, and the Jets 2nd. Toon, who would you want the Bears to target in the first round as a Bear's fan.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Almost as sexy?

And to think I was gonna buy you something on Valentines day....

Not everyone can be that sexy.

And Valentines day was last month, you forgetful bastard...
Old 03-27-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This can't be. Ask the people from the Alan Faneca thread. A player threatening a hold out isn't worth more than a 4th round pick!
Old 03-27-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
This can't be. Ask the people from the Alan Faneca thread. A player threatening a hold out isn't worth more than a 4th round pick!
You're angry... and an idiot.

Is Briggs 30+? Does Briggs play one of the less important positions?
Old 03-27-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post

Not everyone can be that sexy.

And Valentines day was last month, you forgetful bastard...
:o (10 characters)
Old 03-27-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the bears would b ******** if they did not do this- briggs is unhappy anyway and will leave eventually- they would go Quinn if he fell for sure

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
Dear TheGunShow,

Please rid yourself of your computer.

Thanks,
All Rational Human Beings

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I am still thinking a trade uo for CJ if this move happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Unbelieveable! How anyone can justify Washington doing this is beyond me. Not only are the seriously overvalueing a wantaway player like Briggs, they don't even have a need for him. They are gunna be a perenially old, and probably poor, team if they keep having such little regard for their draft picks. I doubt their linebackers will even make tackles with their irrelevant Dline.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I am still thinking a trade uo for CJ if this move happens.
In a perfect world.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why Washington would do this deal. They invested an early second rounder last year in Rocky McIntosh to play SAM for them. By season's end, he was starting. They signed London Fletcher-Baker in the offseason to bump Lamar Marshall to a reserve role. They also have a pro bowl-caliber WILL LB in Marcus Washington who is an impact player. Exactly where would Briggs play? Do they have a trade worked out for Washington or Marshall or Macintoch? Are they looking to switch to a 3-4? All of these questions basically amount to the Redskins really have no plan, and trading the #6 pick for Briggs is moronic for them at this point.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Bsaza, don't you know? Briggs is a big name. And Syder has a ton of cash and high draft pick burning a hole in his pocket. That is all the logic you need when it concerns the Foreskins. Who cares if he fits the scheme or needs of the team.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I call them the Deadskins. I do note that not many Redskins fans on this board are rushing to defend the possible move. In general, Skins fans tend to be huge homers (this board is not terrible). If the tremendous homers aren't excited about this deal, I can guarantee you it's a horrible move.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Andy Reid and Joe Banner (right ... too lazy to check right now) have a good philosophy with the draft. That said, I just don't see Angelo behaving that way, but who knows.

As noted, assuming that CJ is off the board, I think the two top names would be Patrick Willis or Laron Landry (and thus, I'd be fine with dealing down). There's a chance one of them is already off (Willis moreso than Landry). Willis could slide into the weakside backer spot fairly well, while Landry could be the FS, moving Danieal Manning to CB. Both are considered to be fairly low risk guys, which would go in line with Angelo's track record (even though I'm not gung ho about either becoming a stud player), and both would potentially fill key roles in a team whose window is now.

Personally, if it's between Willis or Landry, I'd rather deal ... up or down.
A deal up or down is really starting to make sense to me, too. The sixth pick is actually a perfect position to make a move, too, as there are a ton of teams who will probably try to leapfrog Minnesota for the services of Willis, Landry, or Adams (if he's there).
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I call them the Deadskins. I do note that not many Redskins fans on this board are rushing to defend the possible move. In general, Skins fans tend to be huge homers (this board is not terrible). If the tremendous homers aren't excited about this deal, I can guarantee you it's a horrible move.
Yeah...there was a huge influx of Redskin homers last offseason. BAD homers. Wonder where they all went...
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote