Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will the Broncos be Super Bowl bound under Tebow?
Yes 20 27.03%
No 54 72.97%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, wait, wait....didn't Tebow lose a game. He did, he did. He lost to Detroit, so what would that make Detroit?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Wait, wait, wait....didn't Tebow lose a game. He did, he did. He lost to Detroit, so what would that make Detroit?
If Tebow is Football Jesus, Detroit are the Football Romans?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would mark them down for at least one win if it wasn't for the fact that I see them facing the Steelers in the first round... not impossible... I just don't see it happening

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow beating the packers in the SB would be the most amazing thing ever. I would cry tears of joy while orgasming in my pants. And then I would jump on here and watch njx have an aneurysm at the lack of sense the world would make after such a thing took place. Also I would troll the **** out of all the packer threads that get made about how they were the best team to ever lose a super bowl, or something along those lines. The only downside to this would be the Pats not winning the SB, but I know that wont happen so this would be the next best thing.

But in all seriousness, lets not jinx this and just keep doubting the broncos because thus far its worked out pretty ******* well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow beating Tom Brady this week would be awesome enough.

Can't wait to see it happen.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking about this scenario today, and I had an absolutely startling revelation: I actually don't want to play Tebow in the playoffs. It sounds ridiculous, because you'd think the Ravens defense would eat him alive, but honestly...I don't think I'd want to see him come playoff time. He's TOO clutch.

Of course I'm probably being paranoid, but dammit I do not want to piss of Jesus if that dude is real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would actually LOVE for this to happen.

Tim Tebow spits in the face of logic. And I love it! It makes absolutely no sense, and his SB championship would be so epic bc it would arguably be the craziest thing we've ever seen in NFL history.

There's just no explaining how Tebow does it. He just does it. It's straight out of a Disney movie.

If he wins the SB this year, that would be so ridiculously awesome, I can't describe it with words. I know outside of the Giants, I'll be rooting for this to happen.

How can you not? He's made the Broncos the most entertaining team in the league to watch. I really hope they make the playoffs, I can't wait to see him in the playoffs.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
The Broncos have a little 2001 Patriots vibe. Broncos beating the Packers in the Super Bowl would be sick.
I got a similar feeling. I mean, they win "ugly", but they freakin win.
A writer couldn't script a movie like this better.
Its amazing and I'm enjoying the ride :)
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Tebow beating Tom Brady this week would be awesome enough.

Can't wait to see it happen.
I like when you make predictions about my team losing based on the results of your others predictions. Bodes well for the Pats this weekend.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I would actually LOVE for this to happen.

Tim Tebow spits in the face of logic. And I love it! It makes absolutely no sense, and his SB championship would be so epic bc it would arguably be the craziest thing we've ever seen in NFL history.

There's just no explaining how Tebow does it. He just does it. It's straight out of a Disney movie.

If he wins the SB this year, that would be so ridiculously awesome, I can't describe it with words. I know outside of the Giants, I'll be rooting for this to happen.

How can you not? He's made the Broncos the most entertaining team in the league to watch. I really hope they make the playoffs, I can't wait to see him in the playoffs.
Most of his shanaigans are easy to explain... Team always play prevent defense at the end of close games, he's done great against it by buying time until coverage breaks down.

It isn't that he just turns it on, it's that other teams turn their defense off too. Teams all over the league go from playing strong defense to letting offenses waltz down the field at the end.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can a team with no defense stop Tebow? I think so. Lions have a bad secondary and they won. Pats already know what to do.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Can a team with no defense stop Tebow? I think so. Lions have a bad secondary and they won. Pats already know what to do.
The difference being that the Lions have a great defensive front four. The Patriots, not so much. It's basically Andre Carter as their lone pass-rushing threat.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The difference being that the Lions have a great defensive front four. The Patriots, not so much. It's basically Andre Carter as their lone pass-rushing threat.
The Broncos try to ram the ball down your throat though. I stated this in the Patriots thread, pressurising Tebow isn't necessarily how to beat the Broncos. His intermediate accuracy is pretty horrible. Play contain and try to cover the flats and take your chances with him going deep because he sure as hell isn't going to beat you with throws between ten and twenty yards downfield

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is an ignorant statement. Still, it's what I expect from you... Sure, Carter has the most sacks and gets lots of pressures, but that doesn't mean that he's the only pass rusher we've got. Our pass rush has improved steadily over the course of the season. Anyways, this game will be won or lost inside... You know, the place where we've got Wilfork and Love playing at a high level. But that won't even matter I think. Like I said in the NE discussion board I think we're going to see the Patriots use lots and lots of 3-4 with Warren and Wilfork at end and Love at the nose. I think the Broncos are going to come out and try to throw the ball. They won't suceed since TT is a ****** passer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
This is an ignorant statement. Still, it's what I expect from you... Sure, Carter has the most sacks and gets lots of pressures, but that doesn't mean that he's the only pass rusher we've got. Our pass rush has improved steadily over the course of the season. Anyways, this game will be won or lost inside... You know, the place where we've got Wilfork and Love playing at a high level. But that won't even matter I think. Like I said in the NE discussion board I think we're going to see the Patriots use lots and lots of 3-4 with Warren and Wilfork at end and Love at the nose. I think the Broncos are going to come out and try to throw the ball. They won't suceed since TT is a ****** passer.
I know you're a butt-hurt Pats homer, but come on. Are you goign to tell me that the Pats actually have legit pass rushers other than a creaky old Andre Carter? Please name these invisible pass rushers that somehow we, as football fans, have somehow missed this entire season.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know you're a butt-hurt Pats homer, but come on. Are you goign to tell me that the Pats actually have legit pass rushers other than a creaky old Andre Carter? Please name these invisible pass rushers that somehow we, as football fans, have somehow missed this entire season.
Well Mark Anderson has more sacks at this point than anyone on the Pats did the whole of last year. Not saying he's great but he's definitely an improvement and has played pretty well recently.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I appreciate the fact that you probably haven't seen more than one or two Patriot games so I forgive your ignorance. I never said that we have legit pass rushers, but we get quite a lot of pressures over the course of a game. Sacks are overrated, or at least BB thinks so. I think differently, but the truth is that we're getting pressures from Wilfork, Anderson, Mayo and Ninkovich besides Carter. They don't get a lot of sacks, but that's what happens when you DBs can only cover receivers for about 2 seconds.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

The way I see this game playing out is Tim Tebow ravaging the Pats awful secondary for 300+ yards passing and 2+ TDs. I'm very confident in this.

But for the Broncos to actually win the game, their defense will have to play out of its mind. If Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil can have huge days rushing the passer, I could see the Broncos defense holding Brady to less TDs than Tebow, which would basically ensure a Broncos victory.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I appreciate the fact that you probably haven't seen more than one or two Patriot games so I forgive your ignorance. I never said that we have legit pass rushers, but we get quite a lot of pressures over the course of a game. Sacks are overrated, or at least BB thinks so. I think differently, but the truth is that we're getting pressures from Wilfork, Anderson, Mayo and Ninkovich besides Carter. They don't get a lot of sacks, but that's what happens when you DBs can only cover receivers for about 2 seconds.
Just because Wilfork, Mayo, Anderson and Ninkovich occasionally will generate a QB pressure, that does not mean that they are remotely good pass-rushers on a consistent basis. Wilfork is still a great NT with little pass-rushing ability, Mayo is a damn ILB, and Anderson and Ninkovich are just mediocre JAGs through-and-through.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't have to have a good defense to beat the Broncos. You have to have a good offense. Tebow is going to suck in the first half. We know that. All you have to do is drop 30 points in the first half so that you build a big enough lead that even Tebow-Time can't overcome. I'm thinking this game will be similar to the Denver-Detroit game. 38-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
You don't have to have a good defense to beat the Broncos. You have to have a good offense. Tebow is going to suck in the first half. We know that. All you have to do is drop 30 points in the first half so that you build a big enough lead that even Tebow-Time can't overcome. I'm thinking this game will be similar to the Denver-Detroit game. 38-10
This is kinda what I'm hoping for. Get off to a fast start(which hasn't happened recently) and force the Broncos to get away from the run early.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Just because Wilfork, Mayo, Anderson and Ninkovich occasionally will generate a QB pressure, that does not mean that they are remotely good pass-rushers on a consistent basis. Wilfork is still a great NT with little pass-rushing ability, Mayo is a damn ILB, and Anderson and Ninkovich are just mediocre JAGs through-and-through.
.... which just proves my point that you don't have a ******* clue about what you're talking about.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
I mean we have hopes that Mayo could become the next Ray Lewis. Unless he doesn't produce a month from me saying this now, then hes a bust.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-13-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Oh, so all you have to do is score a TD on every offensive possession in the first half to beat the Broncos.
Basically, you have to be damn near perfect on offense.
Gotcha.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Oh, so all you have to do is score a TD on every offensive possession in the first half to beat the Broncos.
Basically, you have to be damn near perfect on offense.
Gotcha.
With all the three-and-outs the Broncos have early in the games, the Patriots will have more than four possessions in the first half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote