Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will the Broncos be Super Bowl bound under Tebow?
Yes 20 27.03%
No 54 72.97%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
This is a ridiculous topic. You suck, shylo. The Broncos would make it to the super bowl in spite of Tebow and because of their defense. Doesn't matter though, the Broncos won't make the SB.
Oh ye of little faith...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The difference being that the Lions have a great defensive front four. The Patriots, not so much. It's basically Andre Carter as their lone pass-rushing threat.
That's OK....Pats just need to get into a shootout. Victory right there

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
This is a ridiculous topic. You suck, shylo. The Broncos would make it to the super bowl in spite of Tebow and because of their defense. Doesn't matter though, the Broncos won't make the SB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post

HOLD MY ****!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF, the Saints were an 11-5 team that was decimated with injuries, and got beat by 5 points to a team that was at home.

Stop acting like that is some extraordinary upset that gives hope to Tebow reeling off 4 wins against high caliber playoff teams, when he can't even throw.

The Saints weren't nearly good enough, even when healthy, to keep using as your support for this argument. I realize you've probably been following the NFL for like a year or two, so this is the biggest playoff upset you've seen, but come on man.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
WTF, the Saints were an 11-5 team that was decimated with injuries, and got beat by 5 points to a team that was at home.

Stop acting like that is some extraordinary upset that gives hope to Tebow reeling off 4 wins against high caliber playoff teams, when he can't even throw.

The Saints weren't nearly good enough, even when healthy, to keep using as your support for this argument. I realize you've probably been following the NFL for like a year or two, so this is the biggest playoff upset you've seen, but come on man.
I dunno man, those Seahawks were one of the worst playoff teams I've ever seen. Them beating anyone in the playoffs is a massive upset. Maybe not 07 Giants over Pats, 2001 Pats over Rams, 99 Rams over Titans and what was it 96 when the Jags beat the Broncos? But still a huge upset none the less.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-13-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno, maybe I was just so numbed out at that point, but I really wasn't all that shocked that our defense that was missing key pieces all over and playing a lot of injured players, gave up a lot of points. The Seahawks had some weapons, and it was a very hostile environment in general. Our defense was actually the strong point that year for most of it, but that game we were weakened a lot on D.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dunno, maybe I was just so numbed out at that point, but I really wasn't all that shocked that our defense that was missing key pieces all over and playing a lot of injured players, gave up a lot of points. The Seahawks had some weapons, and it was a very hostile environment in general. Our defense was actually the strong point that year for most of it, but that game we were weakened a lot on D.
That Seahawks team was beyond awful, they had no business being in the playoffs in the first place. Absolutely none. I understand the desire to defend your team, but that's one of the biggest upsets I've seen in the 10 or so years I've been watching the NFL. Not to mention one of the single most dominant plays I've ever seen (BEAST MODE).
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I dunno how I'm defending my team by saying we weren't as good as we got credit for... haha.

Just agree to disagree I guess, our offense did their job, and I'm just not shocked our defense gave up 40 in a hostile environment I guess.

Last edited by Saints-Tigers : 12-13-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

My point is, using the "anything is possible!" banner for something extremely farfetched, shouldn't really be attached to the situation. If Tebow gets homefield and the opposing team has a rash of injuries in the same vein as the Saints, then yea, they'll probably win one, but 4 times? lolol
Old 12-14-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW ! I'm sure he will make the pro bowl heck with the super bowl.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I finally come to realization that Tebow just won't lose after watching him 2 weeks in a row on my tube. I know he has always been a winner, but damn he finally convinced me to not underestimate his will to win.

Keep in mind anything is possible under him. No one thought Seattle would knock off New Orleans last year.
Okay, so the Donks knocked off two of the worst teams in the league the past two weeks in unconvincing, dramatic fashion, and all so the sudden, they are Super Bowl contenders?

Keep in mind, the best team they've beaten since Tebow took over was the Jets, and that was w/o either Shonn Greene or LT, and Mark Sanchez practically giving the game away. Other than that, they've beaten Miami (0-6 at the time), Oakland (no Run DMC, Palmer's first start, Raiders' D cluless about read option), Chiefs (terrible team, just terrible), San Diego (in the midst of a six game losing streak) and the aforementioned loads of poop that are the Minnesota Vikings and the Chicago Brainfarts.

I give them credit for winning those games; going 7-1 is difficult no matter whjo you are playing. But, if Denver was legitimite, they wouldn't continually have so much drama against such a crappy schedule.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:09 AM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Wait, wait, wait....didn't Tebow lose a game. He did, he did. He lost to Detroit, so what would that make Detroit?
The best team the Broncos have faced since Tebow took over.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:14 AM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Can a team with no defense stop Tebow? I think so. Lions have a bad secondary and they won. Pats already know what to do.
Dude, almost every defense Tebow has played has stopped him. He's made some big plays at curcial moments, but you can't even begin to say Denver has been lighting it up with Tebow. Their offense is below average at best.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:17 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Broncos are good.

For some reason, that fact is completely lost on the Tebow haters. Even if you don't want to acknowledge him as a good/competent QB, you don't have to act like it's completely out of the question that they can win football games, even it's in spite of him.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:35 AM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
The Broncos are good.

For some reason, that fact is completely lost on the Tebow haters. Even if you don't want to acknowledge him as a good/competent QB, you don't have to act like it's completely out of the question that they can win football games, even it's in spite of him.
I really don't think they can beat good teams, and although I am a supposed "Tebow hater" I don't think I am being unfair in being skeptical of how good the Broncos really are.

We've seen plenty of teams go on runs that make fans think they're better than they really are, but these frauds always get exposed. They remind me of the 2007 Detroit Lions, who feasted on weak competition to build a misleading 6-2 record, before winning one game the next season and a half. Heck, even KC went on a four-game run earlier this year.

I see the Broncos getting embarrassed by the Pats this weekend, then beating either Buffalo or KC, possibly both, getting flattened by Pittsburgh or Baltimore in the playoffs and going back to thei sucky selves next season a la the Kansas City Chiefs.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:22 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forget that I said "hater." It just slipped out. I hate people that say hater.

All I'm saying is that people should know that Denver being a Super Bowl contender =/= Tebow being a good QB. They're clearly a pretty good team with a great running game, some playmaking receivers and a defense that can rush the passer and stop the run. If they can continue riding this string of luck into the playoffs, they can win games.

Last edited by ChiFan24 : 12-18-2011 at 03:40 PM.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:14 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I really do hope Tim Tebow makes the pro bowl, just for Roy Williams(Cowboys) sake.

"Roy Williams made the probowl before!" will no longer be used to discount PB appearances.... Tebow will be!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:25 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are looking to this Patriots game to bring Tebow back down to earth a little bit but I bet he actually has a pretty good day on sunday. New England is nothing special on defense so I expect the Broncos offense to move the ball pretty well. If the Broncos lose people might point to Tebow's nice stats and ignore the loss just as they ignore his bad stats and look only at his wins. The only quality teams Tebow has faced is the Lions and the Jets.

NE is a legit team but their defense isn't the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
This should be on every page of the thread.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so aboard Team Tebow coming out the AFC

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 01-12-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Ahhhh this thread is so popular right now.

Do the 54 of you still not believe in the guy?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 01-12-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Sometimes I hope you're a troll, and not serious.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sometimes I hope you're a troll, and not serious.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 01-12-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still cannot believe that happened.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/20...tim-tebow-***/

hahhahahahaha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote