Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Comp picks are official

We got the first comp pick of the 4th and 5th round. Pick 33 in the 4th round and 33 in the 5th round.

Not bad. We get so options to trade around with by gaining these two picks.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it was rumored that the randle el pick could move to a fourth rounder
Old 03-26-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well its about as close to a 4th as u can get
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
it was rumored that the randle el pick could move to a fourth rounder
Not sure how comp picks work but when the NFL announces them I don't think they can change.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

Last year, I suggested that we trade some of our mid or late round picks for picks this year because we had so few roster spots. We wound up cutting most draft picks and getting nothing. Again I think we have more picks than we need and I am for trading later draft picks for better ones next year. Of course you cant trade the comp picks but they could be used in lieu of our later round draft choices.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to get better with the quality of our second day draft picks

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Hope is the 4th round choice damn i thought we could get that one 3rd round pick they give out
Old 03-27-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Chris Hope is the 4th round choice damn i thought we could get that one 3rd round pick they give out

They give out more than 1 3rd rounder. It just happened that there was only one last year. I think there was 3 or 4 this year for Edge, Julian Peterson and Drew Brees. I think there is one more but I'm not sure.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPete View Post
Last year, I suggested that we trade some of our mid or late round picks for picks this year because we had so few roster spots. We wound up cutting most draft picks and getting nothing. Again I think we have more picks than we need and I am for trading later draft picks for better ones next year. Of course you cant trade the comp picks but they could be used in lieu of our later round draft choices.
That was an idea last year since we knew the team was going to be close to the same but this time around Tomlin could be making alot of changes on defense so we may need more of these picks than you would think.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
They give out more than 1 3rd rounder. It just happened that there was only one last year. I think there was 3 or 4 this year for Edge, Julian Peterson and Drew Brees. I think there is one more but I'm not sure.
I didn't watch too many Seahawks games, but I didn't really hear enough about Peterson to think he deserved a 3rd rounder. Hope might not of deserved one either, but I definitely dont think Peterson ranks up there with the other two guys you listed.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
I didn't watch too many Seahawks games, but I didn't really hear enough about Peterson to think he deserved a 3rd rounder. Hope might not of deserved one either, but I definitely dont think Peterson ranks up there with the other two guys you listed.
he was from san fran, but he was actually pretty nasty, and signed a fat contract

and i think sad fran got a 3rd for losing andre carter
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the last year in San Fran he did okay, and then went crazy in Seattle
Old 03-28-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

Other than Harrison replacing porter, all our defensive starters are returning, wo what changes are you referring to? tomlin indicated yesterday that he is sold on the 3-4 and will keep it so no changes there. Also he expressed optimism that Ike Taylor has some upside and should produce. No backup safety positions are open, corner probably could use some depth as well as linebacker. I figure the most new players that could make the team are; 1 corner 2linebackers and 1de total. Most likely it will be 3 total on defense.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd agree with that. 3-4 guys on D, then 3-4 on O. We need some guys with potential on the O-line, and could take some guys to help out on offense. We need to think about future replacements for some of our older guys.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it was ona subscribed site but supposedly kreider is on the downside and wearing down and our running backs coach is in utter man love with McClain. don't know how true that is but take it for what it is worth.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote