Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-29-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top 10 Heisman Contenders

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...sp?CID=1257279

THE TOP HEISMAN CONTENDERS
1. Stanford QB Andrew Luck

The buzz: Some have predicted a Stanford decline because of the departure of coach Jim Harbaugh, but the Cardinal has gone from consistent loser to championship contender with Luck at quarterback. If Luck continues to be effective and the Cardinal continue to win, the trophy likely will be his.
2. Oregon TB LaMichael James

The buzz: The Ducks' speedster has rushed for more than 1,500 yards in each of his two seasons. Last season, he led the nation with 1,731 rushing yards despite missing a game. This season, he could make a run at 2,000 yards.
3. Alabama TB Trent Richardson

The buzz: There are Alabama fans who have been saying that Richardson was better than former Tide tailback Mark Ingram, the 2009 Heisman recipient. Sure, fans can be prone to hyperbole -- especially those in the SEC -- but in this case, they may be right. Richardson has power and explosive speed. He's rushed for 1,451 yards and 14 TDs in two seasons as a backup. Imagine what he can do now that he's the starter.
4. Michigan QB Denard Robinson

The buzz: Last season, his first as a starter, Robinson averaged 328.6 yards of total offense per game -- the second-highest in the country. A capable passer and a big-play threat as a rusher, can Robinson put up the same type of numbers for new coach Brady Hoke, who has scrapped the Wolverines' spread offense?
5. Oklahoma QB Landry Jones

The buzz: OU is the preseason No. 1 team, so Jones is a top contender based on that alone. Five of the past seven Heisman recipients were quarterbacks whose teams played in the national championship game. Yet, Jones has "real" credentials, too. He passed for 4,718 yards and 38 TDs in '10.
6. Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon

The buzz: No wide receiver has won the Heisman without also returning kicks, which Blackmon does not do. But times are changing. Until '09, no Alabama player had won it. Until '07, no sophomore had won it -- and there have been three sophomore winners. Blackmon could be another first. Last season, he had 111 receptions for a national-leading 1,782 yards and 20 touchdowns despite missing one game.
7. Boise State QB Kellen Moore

The buzz: No player from outside the Big Six conferences has won the Heisman since BYU's Ty Detmer in 1990. But Moore has a shot. Last season, he led the nation in passing efficiency. He has passed for more than 3,400 yards in three consecutive seasons. The Broncos are 38-2 with him as their starting quarterback, and he should become the winningest career starting quarterback in FBS history this season.
8. South Carolina TB Marcus Lattimore

The buzz: So what does he do for an encore? As a true freshman last season Lattimore rushed for 1,197 yards and 17 TDs despite missing one game and getting only one carry in another. In fact, he had fewer than 20 carries in eight games. The bet here is he gets more opportunities this season.
9. West Virginia QB Geno Smith

The buzz: In 2010, Smith passed for 2,763 yards and 24 TDs as a first-year starter. Now, he's directing new coach Dana Holgorsen's high-powered offense. In each of Holgorsen's four seasons as an offensive coordinator, his quarterback has passed for more than 4,000 yards.
10. Houston QB Case Keenum

The buzz: He is one of Holgorsen's former pupils. Keenum finished eighth in the 2009 Heisman voting after passing for 5,671 yards. This season, he's returning from an injury that ruined his 2010 campaign. But Keenum could be first player to pass for 6,000 yards in a season.
ANOTHER DANDY DOZEN TO WATCH
Wisconsin RB Montee Ball
Oklahoma WR Ryan Broyles
USC QB Matt Barkley
Auburn TB Mike Dyer
Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd
South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery
Florida State QB E.J. Manuel
Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez
Oregon QB Darron Thomas
Virginia Tech QB Logan Thomas
Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden
Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have my eye on E.J. Manuel especially when he has 6'6'' 245 Kelvin Benjamin on the receiving end on redzone plays.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 08-29-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Landry Jones is too low. In fact, if you listed him at number 2, he'd be too low I think. Andrew Luck is the best player in the country, but I think Stanford loses at least two games while I have Oklahoma in the National Championship game. They will post similar stats, but the fact that Oklahoma will likely have a better record will push Jones over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

My sleeper pick that is under the radar is.........Justin Hunter WR Tennesee who = A.J. Green 2.0 IMO

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 08-29-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 10 Heisman Contenders

1. Andrew Luck
2. Landry Jones
3. Trent Richardson
4. Geno Smith
5. Lamichael James
6. Denard Robinson
7. Darron Thomas
8. Michael Floyd
9. Kellen Moore
10. Matt Barkley

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I have my eye on E.J. Manuel especially when he has 6'6'' 245 Kelvin Benjamin on the receiving end on redzone plays.
KB1 won't get much run this year. Nick O'Leary looks like the top redzone threat.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will put my left nut on EJ Manuel not winning the Heisman.

If I narrowed it down to 3 it would be Luck, Jones, and probably James.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post

I'm rooting for E.J. Manuel now.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nooooooooooooooo that is like hoping for injury.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post

Fortunately for your left nut, he's not gonna win it.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if i see one more person even suggest ej manuel will win the heisman my head is going to explode
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
if i see one more person even suggest ej manuel will win the heisman my head is going to explode
It's really not that long of a shot depending on how much you buy into the Florida State hype. He is either the hero or scapegoat this year because all of the surrounding pieces seem to be there, and he has shown promise in limited appearances.

But, I don't buy into the FSU hype so much that I think Manuel is a Heisman contender.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Aaaaaaah be quiet LOL are you feeling a certain way because of no UF candidates :D

Plenty of candidates rise & fall EVERY year & he has the supporting cast especially with his Defense to help win ball games.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 08-29-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If i see any one suggest that any one from the ACC will win the Heisman my head will explode.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Aaaaaaah be quiet LOL are you feeling a certain way because of no UF candidates :D

Plenty of candidates rise & fall EVERY year & he has the supporting cast especially with his Defense to help win ball games.
no i'm feeling a certain way because ej manuel isn't very good. i think logan thomas has a better chance to win the heisman and i've never even seen him play. i'd be damn near shocked if va tech doesn't make it through their schedule undefeated
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
no i'm feeling a certain way because ej manuel isn't very good. i think logan thomas has a better chance to win the heisman and i've never even seen him play. i'd be damn near shocked if va tech doesn't make it through their schedule undefeated
Schedule is pretty cupcake, meaning Logan Thomas is going to have to put up crazy numbers to win it. Therefore, he doesn't even have an outside chance.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Is it too early to be ranking the candidates on a week to week basis? Has anything changed for anyone since preseason?

Old 09-06-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gimme some Robert Woods!

Long shot, but helluva first game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
If i see any one suggest that any one from the ACC will win the Heisman my head will explode.
Are players in the ACC not allowed to win the Heisman?
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Are players in the ACC not allowed to win the Heisman?
Yes just like the Big East

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Landry Jones
2. Andrew Luck
3. Trent Richardson
4. Kellen Moore
5. RG3
6. Marcus Lattimore
7. LaMichael James
8. Russell Wilson
9. Geno Smith
10. Denard Robinson
Old 09-06-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Yes just like the Big East
Geno Smith would like to have a word with you.
If WVU goes the distance, he's in serious contention.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Heisman Watch Post Week One:

1. Robert Griffin III, QB Baylor
2. Robert Woods, WR USC
3. Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
4. Kellen Moore, QB Boise State
5. Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma
6. Russell Wilson, QB Wisconsin
7. Ray Graham, RB Pittsburgh
8. Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
9. Dominique Whaley, RB Oklahoma
10. David Wilson, RB Virginia Tech

LaMichael James won't win the Heisman this year solely based on his performance against LSU. Book it.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch NC State transfer QB Russell Wilson leading the Wisconsin Badgers.
He's completing almost 80% of his passes and Wisconsin should go through the Big 10 undefeated.

Wisconsin and Alabama in the NC!!

Wilson is my Heisman darkhorse along with Lattimore.

EDIT: How many games does UM have to win for Denard to be a serious Heisman contender??? 9?? 10?

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 09-12-2011 at 02:33 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Watch NC State transfer QB Russell Wilson leading the Wisconsin Badgers.
He's completing almost 80% of his passes and Wisconsin should go through the Big 10 undefeated.

Wisconsin and Alabama in the NC!!

Wilson is my Heisman darkhorse along with Lattimore.

EDIT: How many games does UM have to win for Denard to be serious Heisman contender??? 9?? 10?
As a UM fan, they better end up in the B1G Championship game or within 1 maybe 2 games depending on his performances.

He's quite an ATHLETE, but having to depend on just his arm going to a pro-style offense, I don't see him in the talks at the end of the season. If Bourges scraps the "Let's turn him into a pro-style QB right now mindset" and opens up the imagination like the 2nd half, then there is a good chance he'll be mentioned week in and week out for the Heisman.

Our defense is too weak is depend on a spread option QB turning into a pro-style QB.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote