Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-03-2012, 04:00 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ I'd probably go with Jacksonville.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:52 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

College kickers. Why so bad?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
^ I'd probably go with Jacksonville.
He doesn't get past the Bucs.

In fact, you could make a case for him getting picked by STL, MIN, CLE and TB.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post

Blackmon is a very good prospect but he is not the caliber of Calvin Johnson or AJ Green for these teams to rationalize taking him that high...STL has issues protecting the quarterback and issues throughout their defense, Minnesota has garbage for an o-line and horrendous secondary, Cleveland lacks a backfield and pass rusher, and Tampa has some nice young options on their roster with plenty of issues with their roster...how do those teams take a receiver so high when they have at least equally as significant needs and options to fill those monster holes?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Blackmon is a very good prospect but he is not the caliber of Calvin Johnson or AJ Green for these teams to rationalize taking him that high...STL has issues protecting the quarterback and issues throughout their defense, Minnesota has garbage for an o-line and horrendous secondary, Cleveland lacks a backfield and pass rusher, and Tampa has some nice young options on their roster with plenty of issues with their roster...how do those teams take a receiver so high when they have at least equally as significant needs and options to fill those monster holes?
Blackmon to Tampa is reasonable (though I have them taking Coples at the moment), but I agree that anything higher would be a bad move.

I think Cleveland would be incredibly short-sighted to pass on RGIII because they think Colt McCoy needs more help. He does need more help, but he also just sucks. Take the QB now and start over.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Blackmon to Tampa is reasonable (though I have them taking Coples at the moment), but I agree that anything higher would be a bad move.

I think Cleveland would be incredibly short-sighted to pass on RGIII because they think Colt McCoy needs more help. He does need more help, but he also just sucks. Take the QB now and start over.
Also, the Browns do have some guys who a QB like Griffin could work with. I don't think the actual talent gap between Blackmon and say, Greg Little, is really that huge. Little probably would have been a first round pick if not for the NCAA suspension.

I'm in no way saying that Little is better, not at all, but I'd take Griffin/Little over McCoy/Blackmon for damn sure.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
College kickers. Why so bad?
No elite team feels the need to scout the legit ones with the soccer legs so now their seasons crumble under these weak legs lol.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
No elite team feels the need to scout the legit ones with the soccer legs so now their seasons crumble under these weak legs lol.
Boo. It's entirely possible that if Boise State had a kicker, Kellen Moore would have never lost a game. That's craziness.

Scouting kickers would be high on my list as a college head coach. I've seen too many games lost because a kicker couldn't connect to ignore it.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly my friend. Crazy to think BSU is a competent kicker away from playing in atleast 2 national title games. Watching that Stanford kid miss that was soooooo painful.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 01-03-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, the Browns do have some guys who a QB like Griffin could work with. I don't think the actual talent gap between Blackmon and say, Greg Little, is really that huge. Little probably would have been a first round pick if not for the NCAA suspension.

I'm in no way saying that Little is better, not at all, but I'd take Griffin/Little over McCoy/Blackmon for damn sure.
You mean McCoy/Blackmon/Little.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The big 10 only got wins over a pathetic UCLA team and a Georgia team that choked it away. I hate them.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post

yeah, I'm thinking

1-IND-Luck
2-STL-Kalil
3-MIN-Claiborne or Blackmon
4-CLE-Griffin
5-TB-Blackmon or Richardson or Claiborne
6-WAS-Richardson or Blackmon

where Griffin goes (#3 or #4) would be important in determining Blackmon's fate as well.

If I were the Bucs I'd take Blackmon too if he's there, but you never know, teams still haven't learned about taking RBs in the top 5/top 10 and Richardson seems bound to go that high.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 01-03-2012 at 01:09 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
You mean McCoy/Blackmon/Little.
Hmmmmm...yeah, yeah I'd still take Griffin. Anything short of

McCoy - Calvin - Andre - Larry

will make sure I stick with Griffin.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

They're actually comparing Denard Robinson and Michael Vick on Sports Science.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What an idiotic play by Wilson there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, I hope that was some kind of VT face paint and not some hideous "tan". Such a terrible looks girls.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Man, once upon a time, Michigan games were the most talked about college games on here. Now...nada.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The college football threads have had pretty sporadic activity in general lately :(

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-03-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Man, once upon a time, Michigan games were the most talked about college games on here. Now...nada.
thank SNIPER for that haha

Old 01-03-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

next year's QB class has a chance to be all-time great

Tyler Wilson
Logan Thomas
Matt Barkley
Tyler Bray
Aaron Murray

Old 01-03-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The college football threads have had pretty sporadic activity in general lately :(
I blame you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Prob bc this game isn't at atleast 21-21 by now.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 01-03-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Prob bc this game isn't at atleast 21-21 by now.
I'd make a joke about the defenses actually showing up in this one, but I think it's been more offensive incompetence than good defense.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Mhm & the fact that neither team should probably be in this game but that's a whole diff discussion.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 01-03-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I blame you.
We were so close to being biffles too. So close. This sets us back; way back.

It is nice to see some defense for a change.

R.I.P. Junior Seau