Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-26-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every UNC game I've watched this year has featured Zach Brown dominating the opposition. He has had a phenomenal year no doubt - if he didn't do much in the bowl game then it shouldn't be held against him, he has enough success under his belt this season week in week out to prove he is a player. 235 lb. 4.4 guy to boot.

Coples this year is out of position playing outside. He is better served as a 5 tech or 3 tech like he was last year. Still an outstanding athlete who had an amazing junior year in terms of his NFL prospects.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:21 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how James Franklin progressed as the year went on for Mizzou, It's a shame Henry Josey had to screw up his knee. Should be interested to watch em play vs SEC defenses, hopefully Josey comes back 100% I want to see him next year because he absolutely shredded big 12 defenses.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, why isn't Jordan White talked about more?
Old 12-27-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I was at the Independence Bowl. It was freezing and half the stadium was empty. Neither team travels well, it seems.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Nobody watches W.Michigan. I mean I can't remember ever seeing them on TV outside of a bowl game. Though I do not live in the Midwest.

And did anyone catch that shot of the Purdue cheerleaders? Ugh.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Nobody watches W.Michigan. I mean I can't remember ever seeing them on TV outside of a bowl game. Though I do not live in the Midwest.

And did anyone catch that shot of the Purdue cheerleaders? Ugh.
Could be. He's set up to be another late round MAC sleeper. That conference has some real talent and they manage to do it squarely inside Big 10 country.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've actually been to Kalamazoo a couple of times and driven by their "stadium". I'd say a lot of big time HS programs have more impressive stadiums. Found it amazing that a guy like Greg Jennings played college football there.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to look up more on this Terrell Manning guy. I'm watching the Belk bowl for Audie Cole and Manning makes the big play early on.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone explain to me why Glennon is considered a potential first round guy next year? His deep ball accuracy is awful. He throws balls into traffic far to often too. Checkdown artist, in the games I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
He's supposedly a a 4.7 guy. That hurts him quite a bit, but I still find it hard to find things to dislike about him. Looks plenty fast on the field and he has pretty damn good size to go along with his hands as well. Looks like the type of guy who can stick on an NFL roster for sure.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-27-2011 at 08:12 PM.
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, White impressed me today. First time I've seen him play. It all depends if that speed translates to the NFL. Looks like he'll stick around a roster though - he runs good routes, has good hands and looks reasonably elusive.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Can someone explain to me why Glennon is considered a potential first round guy next year? His deep ball accuracy is awful. He throws balls into traffic far to often too. Checkdown artist, in the games I've seen.
14/19 217yds 3td 1 int in 1 half of football. His tools are crazy. I think he lacks a lot between the ears at the moment and trusts his arm way too much. It was his first year starting and I think he did very well considering what he has to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
14/19 217yds 3td 1 int in 1 half of football. His tools are crazy. I think he lacks a lot between the ears at the moment and trusts his arm way too much. It was his first year starting and I think he did very well considering what he has to work with.
He's actually looked quite good since I've posted that, but I've seen him three or four times on the year and just haven't come away very impressed.

Amerson, on the other hand, looks like a baller.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-27-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Amerson pick six. Kids going to be a Beast.
dannyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaMichael James opinion of Space Mountain;

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
I need to look up more on this Terrell Manning guy. I'm watching the Belk bowl for Audie Cole and Manning makes the big play early on.
Of the 3 big LBs we've had, Manning has always been the best athlete, Nate Irving was the best player and Cole was somewhere in between. Honestly, I think Cole has become a little overhyped and is more of a 4th-5th rounder than 2nd-3rd. Manning has first round talent but he has to put it together. It's taken him some time because he had a bad knee injury his senior year of high school and was slow to recover

Glennon clearly has the tools to be a 1st round QB and has gotten a lot better in the last few games but my first instincts on QBs are usually the way to go (I thought Clausen was absolute trash when I saw him in the USAA game and as a freshman - after his junior year when the Panthers took him I tried to talk myself into him...no, he just sucks) and early on this season I was very underwhelmed by Glennon. His stats look good but the eye test is meh

It's just odd that a guy who is 6'6 with good accuracy and a good arm can't be a good prospect but he really isn't. I don't like how he throws the ball, I don't like his decision making and I don't like how he only reads one side of the field. I'm happy with him next year as my college QB because you can do much, much worse but I wouldn't take him in the draft.

Amerson will be a first rounder next year. Watching him at the stadium today in person and he is playing at a level above everyone in college right now. Good cover corner who happens to have excellent hands and a knack for finding the ball. Not just a guy who jumps routes. Louisville didn't even look in his direction in the first half. Second half they're down big so they throw at him twice on their first possession...short gain that he stuffs, then the pick he ran back for a TD

Last edited by SchizophrenicBatman : 12-28-2011 at 01:11 AM.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:17 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, I was impressed with Bridgewater. I actually think he should use his athleticism more often
Old 12-28-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Excited to get a look at Keenan Allen tonight. He's one of the better receivers I've seen this year. Marvin Jones isn't half bad either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-28-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LET'S DO THIS GOLDEN BEARS!

(I grew up a Cal fan and went to UT's rival, this is pretty much a given.)

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Trevor Guyton flashed and made a big stop behind the line. He seems to do that every chance I get a look at him. Doesn't look like a spectacular prospect, but he well could be a rotational kind of guy that you can line up in a lot of places in either front.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-28-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quandre Diggs is a baaaaaaller.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Allen is starting to work that Texas secondary a bit now....and Sofele punches it in. Moved the ball much better there than they did at any point in the first half.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-29-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm quite excited by today's slate of games. The nightcap yesterday was just a little bit lackluster...but Florida State and Notre Dame are two fairly evenly matched teams. Washington has the ability to score with Baylor for a little bit too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-29-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the country gets to know Keith Price today. Has been tremendous considering he's just a sophomore. Also, even as a dawg fan hard not to root for RG3. If its his last college game I would be ok with losing to him.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
I hope the country gets to know Keith Price today. Has been tremendous considering he's just a sophomore. Also, even as a dawg fan hard not to root for RG3. If its his last college game I would be ok with losing to him.
Price can sling it a bit for sure. Height is going to be a major issue for him as a prospect, but I like the way he throws the ball. Especially how quick he's able to get it out.

Interested to get a look at some of these Florida State front seven players. Bjoern Werner is one of my favorite defensive ends I've seen all season. Brandon Jenkins hasn't quite lived up the to lofty expectations he set last season, but I like his burst off the edge quite a bit still.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-29-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Notre Dame really ought to look into recruiting some quarterbacks that don't suck.

R.I.P. Junior Seau