Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-17-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dream coaching staff next year

I was thinking about it and talked with boe a bit and I'm curious what you guys are thinking. I'll go first.

HC: Winston Moss
OC: Tom Clements
DC: Romeo Crennel

Moss is ready for a HC job and I think he'd fit in well here.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winston Moss isn't Kirk Kerentz I mean they already have Brian Bulaga and everything. TEH CONNECTION!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get the appeal of Winston Moss. What makes him appealing?
Old 12-18-2011, 02:44 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't get the appeal of Winston Moss. What makes him appealing?
The guy who wants Josh McDaniels as our next head coach is asking me why someone ELSE is appealing?

Old 12-18-2011, 03:42 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The guy who wants Josh McDaniels as our next head coach is asking me why someone ELSE is appealing?
Yeah. I want to know what's appealing about Winston Moss. Serious question.

I've outlined pretty well why McDaniels would be appealing and what's different about the KC situation compared to Denver. Ideally, he'd be able to come in and be the OC.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:58 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not fully sure about position coaches making the jump to head coach. Also I think Paoli wants a Belichick tree guy. Which makes McD the more likely choice. But there is also an outside chance that it could be Weiss, Crenell, Mangini?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 07:57 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I'm not fully sure about position coaches making the jump to head coach. Also I think Paoli wants a Belichick tree guy. Which makes McD the more likely choice. But there is also an outside chance that it could be Weiss, Crenell, Mangini?
I think we should clarify one thing right now...it's not the Belichick tree as much as it is the Parcells tree of which Belichick is a branch. Todd was a Parcells guy, Pioli is a Parcells guy, Belichick is a Parcells guy. In other words, widen your search not just to NE guys but guys that worked with Parcells or other coaches that were under him.

The Denver situation scares me about McD (particularly the part about his dealings with coaches under him) but not as much as the situation in St Louis. Sure they have injuries, deal with it. He can't.

I realize Pioli will do what he thinks is right despite what the fans think but I can't see Clark signing off on McD as anything other than OC. McD as HC would be a disaster in terms of season ticket sales.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Romeo Crennel will be the next Chiefs HC after today.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Romeo Crennel will be the next Chiefs HC after today.
I absolutely agree.you could tell how much the players respect/love RAC.hire a good OC and I am completely fine with him
Old 12-18-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I am too. The hiring of an OC is ABSOLUTELY the most important move this offseason.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought your play calling today was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Norv Turner, throw head coach money at him and let him have complete control of the O, probably won't happen but i can dream. Who would we bring in as DC, maybe promote Emmitt Thomas?
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id guess Gary Gibbs or Pleasant would be DC
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Romeo + McD might work

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Except McD is an awful playcaller haha.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except McD is an awful playcaller haha.
oh come one that 32nd ranked offense does'nt inspire you ? :P
Old 12-19-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I love RAC. And the local media probably won't be so frustrated dealing with him compared to Haley because he's a lot more open about talking about how he goes about doing things. The guy is a ******* genius football coach, but is just a teddy bear personality-wise.

His weakness with the Browns, just like Mangini (...on top of coaching the Browns), was not having a good offense to compliment what he was doing on offense. But with the pieces on this offense, I can't imagine that being a problem with an off-season to add depth and get healthy. I do think Muir looked a lot better without Haley interfering.

Last edited by nepg : 12-19-2011 at 09:51 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tamba Hali: Chiefs want Romeo Crennel as their coach next year

So do I.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
And so does Bill Muir...''Romeo is an excellent choice at this particular time,'' Muir said. ''Hes good for this football team. The Kansas City Chiefs would do well to hire Romeo Crennel.

Read more here: http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=...#storylink=cpy

Come to think of it, me too.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Everyone loves Romeo. He's such an awesome person, and an amazing football mind. He's able to convey his schemes very simply, yet they are extremely complex. I agree that he's the guy, and they'll win a lot of games and won't have to go through any kind of transition period next year.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd be more than fine with RAC as our HC, but we really need to replace Muir. The OC hire is going to be the biggest thing for this team going forward.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd be more than fine with RAC as our HC, but we really need to replace Muir. The OC hire is going to be the biggest thing for this team going forward.
I do find it a "coincidence" that the communication of play calling seem to go a lot smoother w/o Haley on sidelines
Old 12-23-2011, 06:11 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, that's not a coincidence at all, for sure. Definitely saw a lot of why Haley got fired in that game. Better communication between assistant coaches, coaches being able to perform their job with a head coach that didn't try to get involved in every play call and scheme, and the having Romeo Crennel on staff to be extremely confident closing out the season with a good possibility to continue as the head coach for the long haul.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We need to remember that it was just one game. Yeah it was against a very good team, but lets see if we can close it out on a positive note before putting everything on Haley.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:23 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We need to remember that it was just one game. Yeah it was against a very good team, but lets see if we can close it out on a positive note before putting everything on Haley.
while I agree it's one game the playcalling is something that stood out as being vastly improved