Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 08-23-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011-2012 Season

Two preseason games in, our offense looks like ****. I had much higher hopes with some of the players we have, (Marshawn, Forsett, BMW, Tate, Sidney Rice, Miller, Carlson, Obamanu, Leon Washington) but our O-line has yet to gel (understatement) and Tarvaris isn't getting much of a chance. And he's not really shown much to be optimistic about what he'll do with some protection. But I fear we may still be better than the Cardinals and 49ers, and when you look around the league and see how bad some other teams are looking, (I'm looking at you, Cincinnati) we might be in for yet another high pick, but just low enough to miss on the QB we desperately need. Hope the guys can pull it together, but the preseason has been discouraging so far for me.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offensive line looks atrocius from what i've seen. Carpenter looks about like i thought he would but in his defense he is a rookie. They are going to have to keep it on the ground and when they do throw it get rid of it in a hurry. They made that Denver front look like the second coming of the Steel Curtain or the Purple people eaters. (just insert your HOF defensive front)
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I was and still am more concerned about their schedule.

I feel that last year they managed to win despite being a bad team. I feel like they upgraded their talent at every position except QB, and honestly at QB it was probably for the best that Hasselbeck isn't going to be back there this year since his escapability and his recent injuries tell me he wouldn't have lasted very long.

Honestly though this is a team that needs to run the ball. They need to do it well enough that defenses have to respect it and Jackson is going to have to use play action and short passes to be effective. If you want to see how they succeed look at the Rams last year. They made Sam Bradford look like a genius.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Rams were 7-9 so not sure i'd use that blueprint for my offense.

As for where they're improved it's a little early to say how much they'll miss Lofa and Jennings and i think the offensive line is borderline scary but i do agree on the QB position.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No player on Seattle's O-line is playing next to a guy he's played next to before, and that's significant. We can't expect anything other than a learning period. I think we've got some talent on the line, but it's going to take some time for them to play intuitively with each other and be more effective.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our OL looks like absolute ****. And Gallery's hurt I think. Fantastic.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is lynch still starting for you guys? i know hes been dealing with a bad ankle in preseason... but is he still gunna get the majority of the snaps?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes he's starting.

Majority of snaps? Can't see it considering:

A) he'll likely have about 15 yards on his first 5 carries.

B) we'll likely be down three scores in the second quarter, forcing us to pass.

I'd expect Leon Washington and Forsett to combine for more snaps than Lynch. Our line is horrendous. I'm not even sure Gallery is starting.

If this is a FF question - stay away from Lynch.

- Ko Simpson
Old 09-10-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Yes he's starting.

Majority of snaps? Can't see it considering:

A) he'll likely have about 15 yards on his first 5 carries.

B) we'll likely be down three scores in the second quarter, forcing us to pass.

I'd expect Leon Washington and Forsett to combine for more snaps than Lynch. Our line is horrendous. I'm not even sure Gallery is starting.

If this is a FF question - stay away from Lynch.
haha yeah it is. i appreciate the quick response. i took on lynch in a part of a trade in which i got desean jackson and upgraded my kicker. details: felix jones, kenny britt, and rob bironas for desean jackson, lynch, and neil rackers. i desperately needed a #1 WR since i already have darren mcfadden and michael turner on my roster.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Wish Tarvaris would attempt a pass over ten yards.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Glad to see everyone here is pumped after a big division W!

Seriously, we could win this division again...

Our defense is actually pretty ******* good haha I'm not even joking.

- Ko Simpson
Old 09-30-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will never root for the Seahawks to lose the game during the game...but before and after...I'm all for them losing. Mainly because I really really really (missing a lot of really's, but w/e) want Andrew Luck. And every game we win takes us farther from him :(

But yeah, our defense is really good. Now if the offense/ST let them start with good field position and keep them off the field for any length of time, they could be an elite defense. Makes me really excited about the future.

But that offense...

Old 10-02-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

What the HELL was that at the end of the game? With a timeout and 14 seconds, how the hell does Pete Carroll, on 3rd down, not try to get closer than 61 yards? So ******* terrible. That's...borderline fireable, to me.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

It was fourth down.

I'm pissed with the loss, and I'm starting to wonder what we'd look like with Hasselbeck. But T-Jack isn't even playing that poorly. We showed a lot of fight today. We're going to be tough to beat at home.

- Ko Simpson
Old 10-03-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

...so it was. Man, I guess I must not've been paying close enough attention; the last thing I saw was 3-8, and then they were kicking, so I thought they were pulling some kind of, "Well, if it's a bad snap we'll kick it again," or something, which makes no sense in that situation and...apparently wasn't the case. Therefore, my post is mostly pointless, except that it's frustrating to be close.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

What was more frustrating was the false start penalty by Sidney Rice...

He might have made a 56-yarder, but 61...

Old 10-05-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there still Seattle fans in here or have you guys gone away somewhere? Just wanted to say hello, and hope we have a good game with no injuries. I thought you guys would beat Atlanta.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

We are still here. We just lurk quietly in the shadows for now.

Good luck this weekend, and yeah, hopefully no significant injuries happen this weekend.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
We are still here. We just lurk quietly in the shadows for now.

Good luck this weekend, and yeah, hopefully no significant injuries happen this weekend.
Yeah I was wondering because I post on scout.com seattle forum, and it looks like a ghost town there. You're fan base disappeared! lol.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

not a whole lot to be excited about. We've had like... 3 plays over 20 yards all year. I don't even know, and I'm not going to look it up. Anyone hear anything about Deon Butler's recovery? Is he on the PUP list?
Old 10-09-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Talking

Wait a minute, do we have a good defense?
Old 10-09-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Run defense: Definitely
Pass defense: Still deciding

But man they made some big plays today.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
Wait a minute, do we have a good defense?
Our D-line has been absolutely amazing this year, in pass rush and against the run.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I was at the game and met John Moffit's parents today. Chatted with them for a good half hour.

Then we dominated both lines of scrimmage. Both QBs played well.

Honestly, the Giants got a lot of lucky breaks and were lucky to even be in the game.

******* awesome.

- Ko Simpson
Old 10-12-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

We just traded Aaron Curry to the Raiders for a 2012 7th and a conditional 2013 mid-round pick.

I didn't know that we had the depth at LB to be able to afford this, what with signing guys off the street (Vobora) and calling guys off the practice squad (Konz who also went down last week).

EDIT: Unsure about the draft choices. Just know we got one this year and one next year for sure. They could both be conditional.

Last edited by summond822 : 10-12-2011 at 04:23 PM.