Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-24-2011, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Prospects You Hate

The guys who seem to be projected for the first two rounds who you think don't belong there. The guy who'd make you throw your remote at the TV if your team drafted him high. For me, I think of LaMichael James. There seem to be quite a few people who think he's a late first, solid second-type player. He's a guy who's made his name playing on a wide-open offensive team that is on TV a lot. The lanes he runs through are enormous, and when they're not there, he looks really ordinary. He's got no power at all. I'm not saying he can't play in the NFL, but when I watch him play I see nothing to suggest he warrants a premium pick. He's got pretty good quickness, but I'm not sure about his long speed. At any rate, I don't think he's fast enough to compensate for his inability to break tackles. And I don't really even see a whole lot to get excited about as far as elusiveness goes. He follows his blocks pretty well, but I just don't see him creating a lot on his own. That's my problem with him - it seems like he's a guy who has put up some huge stats, but my predilection is to look at that more as team success than James' individual ability. He's more like a 4th-rounder to me. A complimentary player.

Also don't like Landry Jones. He's a strong-armed backup to me. Thinking Kellen Clemons, Derek Anderson.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 12-24-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:44 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll just get this outta the way for the LaMichael Fans. And because I laugh when I see it.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 12-24-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:16 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure that I hate anyone this year since there are no controversial players this year. But if the Pats draft Melvin Ingram or Brandon Thompson I'm going to need to kill something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- Cordy Glenn. I guess he got better later in the year, but he was terrible to start. I know he was at LT, where he won't play in the NFL, but he looks soft to me. Doesn't display to me that he is strong enough at the POA vs. powerful DTs.

- Landry Jones. I didn't really like Bradford coming out. Landry isn't as good as him. Needs to sit a couple years with a really good QB coach before he is effective in the NFL.

- Injuries to Jared Crick and Ryan Broyles have taken them out of the 1st round conversation, but I hated both as early picks. 3rd round was about right to me before injuries. Crick is a tweener, and not a great athlete. Broyles is not explosive enough or good enough after the catch to warrant an early pick.

-Mark Barron. I don't think he can cover at all. Glorified LB to me who's only going to be effective in the box. Maybe not as bad in coverage as former Cowboy SS, Roy Williams, but I see them as similar players.

- Courtney Upshaw/Donta' Hightower. I like both as prospects, but I don't see them as 4-3 LBs or 4-3 DEs and I have seen people mocking them to 4-3 teams. Both look like 3-4 guys who can play in or out though.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree on LaMichael James and Landry Jones.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaMichael comes to mind immediately for all the reasons you said.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't say I "hate" him, but I think Dre Kirkpatrick is really overvalued. Very scheme-dependent corner, but I think he'd be a hell of a safety.

Oh, and Alshon.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I hate Ashlon.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Crick and Nick Perry.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Oh, and Alshon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Yeah, I hate Ashlon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
calubflower said it best.

Last edited by TACKLE : 12-24-2011 at 10:43 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alshon for me. I'd have him behind Floyd, Blackmon, Wright, Sanu and Jones.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russell Wilson. I don't see the big deal.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Jared Crick and Nick Perry.
I actually like these two and have seen way too much of both of them as a Husky fan. Crick probably in that Justin Smith mold and i'll stay with the Niner theme and say Perry will remind some of Aldon Smith, although neither will go as high as those two.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Alshon. Screw you guys.

I certainly don't see all the fuss over Cordy Glenn. I think Quentin Coples is overvalued because of potential and doesn't show up on tape as consistently as you would like for a guy with that level of athleticism. I think Dre Kirkpatrick is overrated as well. He's been solid at Bama but I think some people still factor in the high school hype when thinking of him.

Oh, and I ******* hate what I saw from Jonathon Martin this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerel Worthy and Vontaze Burfict.

Most overrated prospects in this class by far.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I actually like these two and have seen way too much of both of them as a Husky fan. Crick probably in that Justin Smith mold and i'll stay with the Niner theme and say Perry will remind some of Aldon Smith, although neither will go as high as those two.
Crick is a 5 tech only. Didn't anchor well at all from what I saw.

Perry just always looks so stiff.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Russell Wilson. I don't see the big deal.
Interesting, because there's a part of me that thinks he'd be in the first/second round conversation if he was 2 or 3 inches taller. But as it is, I see him going 5th-ish, maybe even later. Is that what you mean by "big deal," or are you hearing more buzz than that? Because he seems more like a sleeper to me.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry Jones......is there really any other choice

Brandon Jenkins

Quinton Couples not terrible but i don't see elite pass rusher, or top five pick.

Justin Blackmon again not terrible but is he really worth a top five pick, a slightly better Crabtree....i'd say

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a QB on the Chiefs more than anything, but I probably would hate Landry Jones.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crick is a 5 tech only. Didn't anchor well at all from what I saw.

Perry just always looks so stiff.
Yeah, I go back and for with Perry. Workouts will be huge for him if he can show that his inflexibility is a coaching issue and not a "physical defect" so to speak.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
Interesting, because there's a part of me that thinks he'd be in the first/second round conversation if he was 2 or 3 inches taller. But as it is, I see him going 5th-ish, maybe even later. Is that what you mean by "big deal," or are you hearing more buzz than that? Because he seems more like a sleeper to me.
Even if he were taller, he's good at a lot of things, but nothing jumps off the screen when I watch.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Yeah, I go back and for with Perry. Workouts will be huge for him if he can show that his inflexibility is a coaching issue and not a "physical defect" so to speak.

I could see him proving me wrong, very easily. He has that first step I need to see from a pass rusher, and he's powerful. He just plays way too high and looks stiff in the hips, and it really irks me.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry Jones - I don't see what everyone else does, I think he needs to go back to school. He's a 3rd rounder IMO.

Jeff Fuller - I hear all the time that he's a beast and has great hands.....Everytime I watch him play he is nonexistent and gets shutdown by mediocre corners.

Vontaze Burfict - Ok I see the potential, I see the athlete but he overpursues all the time, he's undeciplined and he misses to many tackles. Just laughable that people think he's a first rounder.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care for Blackmon or Jeffrey. Blackmon is a great player, but nothing special stands out and I don't buy him as a top 10 pick. He's more of a 20's player for me. Jeffrey just screams bust to me, when has a WR with weight issues ever worked out?
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could see him proving me wrong, very easily. He has that first step I need to see from a pass rusher, and he's powerful. He just plays way too high and looks stiff in the hips, and it really irks me.
Perry reminds me oh so much of Aldon Smith, who is another guy I wasn't high on whatsoever as a 3-4 OLB. I liked him enough as a 4-3 DE because he had an excellent inside rip and he looked comfortable enough there, but I thought he just looked awkward at the combine in the LB drills.

Of course, he's proving me wrong with his 14 NFL sacks...I hate when I'm wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote