Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-26-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry Jones
Old 12-26-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cordy Glenn, Justin Blackmon, Jonathan Martin, and Quinton Coples

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Cordy Glenn, Justin Blackmon, Jonathan Martin, and Quinton Coples
I've seen three of those guys mocked to the Panthers.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I hate any prospects (yet), but I don't think much of either of the FSU OT's, Jerel Worthy or Whitney Merclilus.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To hate a player you need a solid reason, a lot of what is posted here really has zero merit. I dislike Jeffery and Glenn because they are fat and slow and I know from experience that pro scouts and GM's hate prospects who cannot get into shape especially in their final college season when they know pro scouts are judging them. It often means they will be even less motivated when they get a pro contract with big dollars and could eat themselves out of the game. I know that as pros, you have to be in shape to play effectively for 4 quarters and these 2 guys currently couldn't play at top form for 4 quarters, so I hate the waste of talent they both represent.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on Ohio State's Mike Adams?
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
To hate a player you need a solid reason, a lot of what is posted here really has zero merit. I dislike Jeffery and Glenn because they are fat and slow and I know from experience that pro scouts and GM's hate prospects who cannot get into shape especially in their final college season when they know pro scouts are judging them. It often means they will be even less motivated when they get a pro contract with big dollars and could eat themselves out of the game. I know that as pros, you have to be in shape to play effectively for 4 quarters and these 2 guys currently couldn't play at top form for 4 quarters, so I hate the waste of talent they both represent.
Zero merit? It's opinions given by people who for the most part have no say so in what their teams do. And it is also your opinion that Jeffrey and Glenn are fat and slow. You don't know this for a fact.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Zero merit? It's opinions given by people who for the most part have no say so in what their teams do. And it is also your opinion that Jeffrey and Glenn are fat and slow. You don't know this for a fact.
On Jeffery, I am just going by scouting reports I have read, the combine will confirm or deny my opinion.

As for Glenn, Fact 1: there are approx 8 starters in the NFL who weight over 340lbs. two of which are 6'7" or higher, leaving 6 starters at relatively his weight although some are lighter. Fact 2: Most gained weight after they entered the NFL and were drafted at a much lower lower weight. That gives my opinion on Glenn a very high factor for being correct, since only 3% of current NFL offensive linemen weigh anything near what his current weight is.
If Glenn adds 10 or 20 lbs. when he plays in the NFL, that would make him the fattest 6'5" player in the league.
If you don't want to believe that he is fat and unlikely to be able to go full steam for 4 quarters, that is your opinion based on zero facts.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Landry Jones - I don't see what everyone else does, I think he needs to go back to school. He's a 3rd rounder IMO.

Jeff Fuller - I hear all the time that he's a beast and has great hands.....Everytime I watch him play he is nonexistent and gets shutdown by mediocre corners.

Vontaze Burfict - Ok I see the potential, I see the athlete but he overpursues all the time, he's undeciplined and he misses to many tackles. Just laughable that people think he's a first rounder.
What he said. Not a big fan of Mike Adams either.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
On Jeffery, I am just going by scouting reports I have read, the combine will confirm or deny my opinion.

As for Glenn, Fact 1: there are approx 8 starters in the NFL who weight over 340lbs. two of which are 6'7" or higher, leaving 6 starters at relatively his weight although some are lighter. Fact 2: Most gained weight after they entered the NFL and were drafted at a much lower lower weight. That gives my opinion on Glenn a very high factor for being correct, since only 3% of current NFL offensive linemen weigh anything near what his current weight is.
If Glenn adds 10 or 20 lbs. when he plays in the NFL, that would make him the fattest 6'5" player in the league.
If you don't want to believe that he is fat and unlikely to be able to go full steam for 4 quarters, that is your opinion based on zero facts.
Well Marcus Cannon is listed as 6'5 358lbs and he is extremely athletic. He had no problems in college playing LT going for 4 quarters and despite coming off PUP this year with cancer doesn't seem to have much problems playing hard anytime he's on the field

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a big fan of Alfonzo Dennard. He's small, stocky and doesn't play bigger than his size - that's death in the modern NFL. Can't tackle either.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinton Coples and Zach Brown are extremely overrated as well.

Read this article for some more insight on these busts-in-waiting:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...t-and-hurt-too
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Floyd
If he keeps his head straight I think he'll be a really good receiver but injury concerns and character concerns keep me away.

Landry Jones
Screams Blaine Gabbert 2.0 for me
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Quinton Coples and Zach Brown are extremely overrated as well.

Read this article for some more insight on these busts-in-waiting:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...t-and-hurt-too
Interesting to see Coby Fleener's name dropped into the first round conversation. I hadn't thought that was really a possibility.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
Interesting to see Coby Fleener's name dropped into the first round conversation. I hadn't thought that was really a possibility.
Fleener is a beast. He's better than Rudolph in almost every area and Rudolph got some first round talk despite missing a lot of time due to injury.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Trent Richardson, but I guarantee I'm not going to like how high he gets drafted (barring something really serious cropping up between now and the draft.)
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I like Trent Richardson, but I guarantee I'm not going to like how high he gets drafted (barring something really serious cropping up between now and the draft.)
Disclaimer: This isn't directed at either of you two.

I dunno. How many top 15 ranked prospects deserve to be there? To me, Richardson is definitely one of those guys. A month ago it was Burflict. A month ago it was D.J. Fluker. Or Matt Barkley. Brandon Thompson.

I guess my point is, there's a long way to go in this process. A lot of members of this forum take these rankings so seriously, or get so super-offended when a player is mocked to them that they don't like.

"Such and such player shouldn't be drafted before the second round." Why? What if Richardson runs a 4.4 40, benches 40, has a 40" vertical and can broad jump 11 feet. Hell, he might be the #2 overall pick. That's unheard of athleticism. And he certainly has the production.

Anyway....just wanted to get that out there. You are correct in that the RB position has become less valued. All these rule changes set forth by the owners and Goodell have made sure of that.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coples/Jeffery/Jones/Burfict.

Hate is a strong word, mostly I think all these guys are overrated by a round or more.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate is an exaggeration, but I thought it'd be a more stimulating thread title than...

"Prospects you think are overrated by a round or more." Although that probably would've worked just fine.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or is it harder to hate this year? My dislike for Jones/Floyd doesn't even compare to my feelings for Newton/Matthews last year.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:07 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
Is it just me or is it harder to hate this year? My dislike for Jones/Floyd doesn't even compare to my feelings for Newton/Matthews last year.
Well it's still early, and I think we'll find more guys to hate later in the process, but I think a lot of the issue is that traditionally a significant portion of the hate is directed to those prospects who are in the mix for the #1 overall pick.

But this year there's absolutely no question as to who the top guy is, and he's not really even hateable. Everybody pretty much agrees that Andrew Luck is a darn fine NFL prospect, even if they think he's gotten too much love so far.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:57 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinten Coples - I see another Everson Griffin. Great athlete that doesn't produce or make that big of a difference on the field. I would say Carlos Dunlap is another comparison but he has exceeded my expectations so far. And I think Coples is a better athlete.

Is Landry Jones actually overrated now? I don't think most people think of him as a good idea in the 1st anymore.

Alshon Jeffrey is a fat sack of unmotivated crap.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 12-30-2011 at 09:25 AM.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another Quinton Coples non-fan. I don't see anything special about him. Even at the college level I don't see him as a consistently impacting the game. If he can be marginalized by college lineman, I suspect the same by pro lineman. He's currently seemingly the unanimous pick for the Panthers, I just hope that doesn't translate to reality.

See nothing remotely special about Landry Jones either.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 12-29-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Another Quinton Coples non-fan. I don't see anything special about him. Even at the college level I don't see him as a consistently impacting the game. If he can be marginalized by college lineman, I suspect the same by pro lineman. He's currently seemingly the unanimous pick for the Panthers, I just hope that doesn't translate to reality.
I think Coples is a guy who will make a decent base end or inside rusher for a 4-3 defense, or a good 5-tech, but he's nowhere near a good bet as the classic star RDE in an even front which is why people think he's worth so much.

If you have me taking him in around #20, I'd be happy with him, so he's not a round or more overrated... but he's absolutely overrated.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about a comparison to Jamaal Anderson? That fair for Coples?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote