Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-09-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Im sorry that I would like to see even mediocre QB play. Its the national title game, is that too much to ask?
you do realize that these defenses would be giving Luck and RG3 fits, right? these are 2 of the best defenses in recent memory. Like, dominating defensive performances. I don't understand how people are complaining about this game. These 2 defenses are unreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone is taking any credit away from the great defenses, but you're kidding yourselves if you refuse to acknowledge how terrible these quarterbacks are. They're downright awful.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you do realize that these defenses would be giving Luck and RG3 fits, right? these are 2 of the best defenses in recent memory. Like, dominating defensive performances. I don't understand how people are complaining about this game. These 2 defenses are unreal
They would be giving them fits...they would be giving anyone fits, but they wouldnt be out there looking like a high school QB.

Its LSU and Alabama...they bring in top 5 recruiting classes every year, make an effort to get a QB worth the ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

while I agree, the QB play, especially LSU and Jefferson, are absolute horse ****, the play on defense is a ton of fun to watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^McCarron's playing smart.

This game reeks of 'exactly what I planned' from Saban...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I don't think anyone is taking any credit away from the great defenses, but you're kidding yourselves if you refuse to acknowledge how terrible these quarterbacks are. They're downright awful.
McCarron has been very good. He missed one throw down the field by a few inches. The guy could have caught it if he timed it right, even.

Ozzy really said it; there's like a billion NFL prospects in this game. If that's boring to you, pick another sport. I hate it when people crap on games like this and then jerk off to Baylor and Washington scoring 90 points a piece, even though that's fun too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
while I agree, the QB play, especially LSU and Jefferson, are absolute horse ****, the play on defense is a ton of fun to watch
I agree, its just hard to watch these QB's. I played QB so I pay a lot of attention to it.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would take many high school qbs over jordan jefferson
Old 01-09-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
i would take many high school qbs over jordan jefferson
I honestly feel like I could do what he's doing right now. Make sure I stay alive from the snap to the hand off? No prob! 2 yd swing routes? yes please! lol

extreme, yes I know but still.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That all state guy looks like one of the guys from the league.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's football. How many games are played where you don't have a team with at least one deficient element? Honestly, it's refreshing to see something like this in the era of spread offenses and 5000 passing yard seasons. Where are you guys in these defense optional games? Offenses with no opposition, which is far more prevalent, is just as flawed of a game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-09-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you want, a glorified 7 on 7 drill? You got your wish for that in those other bowls.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, McCarron is playing about as well as anyone has against LSU all year. Elite defenses make QBs look bad and whilst Jefferson isn't doing anything to help his cause, no one is going to dominate that defense, as evidenced by the entire season to date.

Really, this is a flat out good game with great defense being played by both teams.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
AgentM
Rookie

AgentM hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
It's because they have literally the two worst QBs in the NCAA.
Woah there, my school Pitt and it's QB Tino Sunseri (yes, the same family as Bama's coach and safety) take that title. I'd have killed to have either of these QB's here this year haha
AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also... how much of an agenda do the commentators have... I don't know if I've ever seen commentators throw the game they are commentating under the bus like this, I thought their job was to sell the product? All they've done is ***** about how the offense aren't scoring enough?

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Nice return to start it off!

Props to BK on the sig!
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Also... how much of an agenda do the commentators have... I don't know if I've ever seen commentators throw the game they are commentating under the bus like this, I thought their job was to sell the product? All they've done is ***** about how the offense aren't scoring enough?
If you've stayed with it up until now, nothing will make you leave...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
^McCarron's playing smart.

This game reeks of 'exactly what I planned' from Saban...
McCarron is exactly what Saban wants, especially out of a young guy.
AgentM
Rookie

AgentM hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

McCarron is getting more comfortable, gotta love this!
AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i feel like every pass has been completed on mathieu
ElectricEye
Icon

Yup, McCarron is easily playing like **** and is one of the two worst quarterbacks in the nation.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-09-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to put Morris Claiborne on Hanks.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeremy Shelley, National Championship MVP.

Yup.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
ElectricEye
Icon

LSU's defensive tackles have long ass arms.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Bell is really fast!

Would love a Randle touchdown here for financial reasons :)

Props to BK on the sig!