Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will win between the Saints at the Niners
New Orleans 29 61.70%
San Francisco 18 38.30%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New Orleans or San Francisco

I'm looking ahead, but we fans and the media can do that. Of course players and coaches shouldn't do it. But I know for a fact they do.

Assuming they stay the #2 (SF) & #3 (NO) seeds, and assuming Brees' Saints beat the #6 seed in New Orleans comfortable, climate-controlled, 72-degrees, windless dome, they will then travel to San Francisco and play in some weather, on grass, against a good defense, with a good running game.

Some would say the Niners are better in all facets of their game than the Seahawks were last year when they beat the Saints. We're all well-aware of 2 things: Brees and that offense are red hot, almost unstoppable, in domes (except in the Rams dome), and they are not as good outdoors.

I guess the Niners having more Pro Bowlers than either the Saints or Packers must mean they are better.....

All that BS aside, who will win?

I think Vegas will have this about a pick em.
I will leave vote open only for 3 days to end before this weekend's games and leave them public so we can factor out all the homer-votes.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to say SF would win .But Honestly I doubt Smith can beat the Saints maybe if Brees has a bad day or it is in Sf and outside.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chances are Brees and Co. make it a shoot out....SF has top notch redzone defense but NOLA can strike from anywhere and I don't think San Fran has the fire power to keep up.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the 49ers have a chance at home in a close game, but in NO, no chance for SF.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2010 Saints are not the same team as the 2011 Saints.

See last week.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niners beat them last year at home when the niners sucked on MNF didn't they? Their defense is legit and the fact that they would be at home is big. That Saints offense won't be the same outside in San Fran in January as it would be in that dome. It would be THE matchup to watch in the playoffs.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this game happens, which I'm pretty sure it will, I am going to be beside myself.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the 9ers will field goal you to death.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Niners beat them last year at home when the niners sucked on MNF didn't they? Their defense is legit and the fact that they would be at home is big. That Saints offense won't be the same outside in San Fran in January as it would be in that dome. It would be THE matchup to watch in the playoffs.
No. The 49ers lost game 25-22. Drew Brees marched down the field in the remaining seconds of the game and led the team to a last second field goal. I was pissed about that game because Mike Singletary went nuclear on a news reporter earlier in the week.

Anyways, I sense that it will be a similar game. I'm guessing Saints score around 25 points. Maybe like what we saw against the Cowboys. It will be up to the 49ers to keep pace. I just hope the 49ers defense doesn't keep rushing four defenders all day long. Hopefully Aldon Smith has a good game. The advantage San Francisco might have is that they'll be heavily doubted against New Orleans if they make it to San Francisco. Especially if they blow out their opponent wild card weekend. And the 49ers have played their best football with their backs against the wall.

If the 49ers lose that game, I already know who will be criticized. It will be Alex Smith. All of the "experts" have said all season long that they don't believe the 49ers can go far in the playoffs even with this defense because they can't count on Alex Smith to lead the 49ers to a come from behind victory and/or keep up in a shootout. Unfortunately, they have a point. Until Alex shows he can carry a team, he will never fully be accepted here in San Francisco. That's just the way it is, and quite frankly that's the way it should be.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 12-28-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being out of the dome is going to be a huge advantage for the 9ers if they get home field for this game. I think it would help them a ton just to be playing outside against the Pack as well. This team is built for a grind it out game. If the weather has any type of conditions, it would give them a huge advantage. However, if Brees and that offense is striking like they have been as of late, I cant see the 9ers being able to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see how Sproles fares on turf. He was good on turf in San Deigo, so I guess it shouldn't effect him too much. The 49ers aren't that great on the screen in my opinion. Well in years past anyways. But they've been decent this season against it. Having Willis and Bowman are going to be crucial to stopping him. That guy probably worries me the most. That and the 49ers offensive inability to convert third downs. Which leads to giving the ball back to Brees and company.

Quote:
Old 12-28-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
No. The 49ers lost game 25-22. Drew Brees marched down the field in the remaining seconds of the game and led the team to a last second field goal. I was pissed about that game because Mike Singletary went nuclear on a news reporter earlier in the week.

2:56 is where he lies.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

God that man was a moron when it came to being an NFL head coach.

Quote:
Old 12-28-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmao that's hilarious

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints are a different team outdoors. I'll take the 49ers in a low scoring game.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The Saints are a different team outdoors. I'll take the 49ers in a low scoring game.
The Saints are not too excited to go to San Fran I can tell you that.

They cannot believe that their (Saints) loss to the Rams is the one that is going to cost them A) a bye and B) a home game vs the Niners.

Ironically, the Niners must win this week at St Louis too, in order to get that #2 seed.

If they can do what the Saints could not, they deserve the 2 seed, the bye, and the home game vs the Saints. If they too lose at the Rams (Steven Jackson), then they deserve to have to play Detroit or Atlanta and then, if they win, go to New Orleans where I think Brees would carve them up like a plastic surgeon on Jaon Rivers' face.

I can't wait!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
2010 Saints are not the same team as the 2011 Saints.
Wasn't it the 2011 Saints who lost to the 2011 Rams and 2011 Bucs?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

It's really annoying hearing on the radio New Orleans vs. Green Bay. As if it's already decided.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-29-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:09 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the Saints, especially if it's in New Orleans. It will be a very close game if the Saints play at San Francisco in the cold weather.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Are we? Because performances against Jacksonville and Tennessee contradict that. Heck, even though it was in a losing effort our offense traveled pretty damn well to Green Bay as well minus an early Marques Colston fumble. *shrugs* I think it's an extremely over-exaggerated point and guess it'll keep being brought up until proven otherwise and I'm fine with that.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:47 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Wasn't it the 2011 Saints who lost to the 2011 Rams and 2011 Bucs?
no explanation for that .... The 2011 Rams and Bucs are horseshit, and you found a way to get 2 L's there..... in 2011.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
no explanation for that .... The 2011 Rams and Bucs are horseshit, and you found a way to get 2 L's there..... in 2011.
They also lost at Seattle in the playoffs last year so of course losing at San Francisco is extremely possible.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints aren't that good away from home. I would take the 9ers at Candlestick.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Saints aren't that good away from home. I would take the 9ers at Candlestick.
I agree with this. I'm not sure any team, Packers included, would beat the Saints at home at the minute. However get the Saints out doors and they are very beatable. I think the 49ers would control the clock and win a relatively low scoring game against the Saints

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

January in SF means rain. I think that would play into the Niners' hands.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote