Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-29-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bowl Game Pick 'em Discussion

Who do you guys like today?

CHAMPS SPORTS BOWL
Florida State -3.5 vs Notre Dame
O/U 46

VALERO ALAMO BOWL
Baylor -9.5 vs Washington
O/U 79.5
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feel like FSU and Baylor should crush their opponents. Put heavy confidence points on both of them

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like both FSU and Baylor too.

Why is this in the Off-Topic and not the College Football thread?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Washington pulls off the upset myself. Not sure Baylor will be quite up for it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Feel like FSU and Baylor should crush their opponents. Put heavy confidence points on both of them
I'm liking FSU too. The game is being played in Orlando, so it should be a heavy FSU crowd. I like FSU's defense and I think they have the DBs to contain Floyd for most of the game. Outside of him, I don't think ND has a lot of offensive options. Their QB is shaky too.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I think Washington pulls off the upset myself. Not sure Baylor will be quite up for it.
oooooooooh. I like the balls behind that call.

Everyone probably thinks there will be some major RG3 magic in the air. Tell me more about why you think Baylor won't be up for it. :)
Old 12-29-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Washington and ND with the points.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you new here?

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50122
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took FSU and Baylor. I'm 9-3 with my picks thus far.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I took FSU and Baylor. I'm 9-3 with my picks thus far.
Oh yea? Impressive! What line did you get for each game?
Old 12-29-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I like Washington and ND with the points.
Dog day, huh? Must hear why. I'm intrigued by your thoughts.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dog day, huh? Must hear why. I'm intrigued by your thoughts.
I think Polk's running ability will keep the game close and then Washington wants to be there more than Baylor.

As for FSU/ND, everyone thinks FSU is going to blow ND out of the water so I like to take the opposite. When to many people like a game it's always best to go the other way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think Polk's running ability will keep the game close and then Washington wants to be there more than Baylor.

As for FSU/ND, everyone thinks FSU is going to blow ND out of the water so I like to take the opposite. When to many people like a game it's always best to go the other way.
I like the thinking on the Washington call. Baylor's defense sucks, especially against the run. But Washington's defense sucks too. We all know how good RG3 is on the deep ball. I'm still undecided on that game.

I don't know if everyone thinks FSU will blow ND out of the water. The line is only 3.5. Do you think it will be a high scoring or low scoring game?
Old 12-29-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I like the thinking on the Washington call. Baylor's defense sucks, especially against the run. But Washington's defense sucks too. We all know how good RG3 is on the deep ball. I'm still undecided on that game.

I don't know if everyone thinks FSU will blow ND out of the water. The line is only 3.5. Do you think it will be a high scoring or low scoring game?
I'm thinking high 20's low 30's for each team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm thinking high 20's low 30's for each team.
4-5 TDs or 3-4 TDs and some FGs for each huh? I don't know if I think that. FSU's defense is 4th in the nation and Manti Te'o, Harrison Smith and Robert Blanton have a chance to shine here.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take FSU and then I will take Baylor winning the game, but the points go to Wash.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

7-0 Notre Dame. Crapping my pants now... I took FSU half -1, FSU game -3 and Under 46.5.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I might have had the score to high but I still expect my original take the ND points to be correct.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

How do you even measure Washington wants to be there more? That is a terrible rationale for picking a team to win. I expect RG3 to be highly motivated and looking to cement his draft stock.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
How do you even measure Washington wants to be there more? That is a terrible rationale for picking a team to win. I expect RG3 to be highly motivated and looking to cement his draft stock.
Mostly because Baylor is such a highly ranked team while Washington finished with a mediocre record in the Pac 12. I'm not saying Washington will win but I like them enough to take the 10.5 points.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Lose the half. :(

Under 46.5 looks safe.

Hopefully FSU bounces back in the 2nd half.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oooooooooh. I like the balls behind that call.

Everyone probably thinks there will be some major RG3 magic in the air. Tell me more about why you think Baylor won't be up for it. :)
With the right gameplan, Washington can play ball control, score, and keep the ball out of RG3's hands. We shall see :)

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
With the right gameplan, Washington can play ball control, score, and keep the ball out of RG3's hands. We shall see :)
Baylor does have a pretty porous run defense. I just hate to go against a QB like Griffin who is chomping at the bit to raise his draft stock.

Washington usually plays strong 1st half defense, but they tire fast. I think once that happense RG3 could go nuts.

That UW QB Price is the wild card. If he can pass, then I think UW has a strong chance to cover the spread.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Game over. Loss the half, won the game, won the under.

Only took Baylor -10 here. No other calls.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I seriously underestimated how bad ND's QB play would be. They totally crapped the bad in the 4th as always.

sig by BoneKrusher