Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-01-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default RG3 Set to Declare

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/sto...ft-sources-say

Didn't know if this was a big deal or not, but decided to at least start a thread about it,

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Mortensen already reported that he had declared... interesting that this is saying otherwise.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No brainer. Barring something spectacular, he's the second quarterback off the board.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
No brainer. Barring something spectacular, he's the second quarterback off the board.
The meteoric rise of the awful Nick Foles!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No-brainer, IMO. He already has his degree and Heisman, and his stock isn't going much higher.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
It's not like going back to USC so i'd agree, this is almost a non-story. Doesnt look like the local team (Seattle) will have a shot even if they lose today at Arizona.

I like Griffin (find the whole RG3 thing sort of childish) better than most from last year,except Newton and Locker, so i think he's going to be pretty good.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the heck is RGIII childish? It's just a nickname derived from his name...
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
How the heck is RGIII childish? It's just a nickname derived from his name...
I'll like it a whole lot better if he ends up in Seattle but it seems a bit much to me. Never liked the whole A-Rod, Cp3 type stuff. Just a generation thing so nobody should get offended.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right decision. His stock can't be any higher than it is right now and the money he will make from the NFL will be more than enough for him to go back to law school after his career is done.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

It's looking like Washington, they have to take him, dont they?
Old 01-01-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Cleveland picking 4th, I think someone makes a move into the top 3 to get him. St.Louis at 2 seems like the logical spot for a trade.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think someone will want to trade into the #3 spot with Minnesota to get Griffin. You probably have to get in front of the Browns to get him, and the Browns themselves might even trade up a spot just to make sure they can get him before someone else trades ahead of them (if they want him badly enough).

Whoever signs Matt Flynn this offseason would play a big role in who might try to trade (or should I say not trade) for RGIII as well.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever wants him better contact the Rams and offer them a multitude of picks.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Bald_81
Rookie

Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Whoever wants him better contact the Rams and offer them a multitude of picks.
I'm starting to think it might have been better if the Rams were selecting behind Minnesota. The Vikings would hands down take Kalil, leaving the Rams at #3 as the prime spot to trade down. Now the Rams are in a bind and if the Vikings don't like either Claiborne or Blackmon, they can tell everyone that their pick is available and can be had at a cheaper price. Then again, maybe Cleveland will want RG3 bad enough to just swap spots with the Rams and everything will work out. We'll have to see, but this is going to be interesting.
Bald_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
I'm starting to think it might have been better if the Rams were selecting behind Minnesota. The Vikings would hands down take Kalil, leaving the Rams at #3 as the prime spot to trade down. Now the Rams are in a bind and if the Vikings don't like either Claiborne or Blackmon, they can tell everyone that their pick is available and can be had at a cheaper price. Then again, maybe Cleveland will want RG3 bad enough to just swap spots with the Rams and everything will work out. We'll have to see, but this is going to be interesting.

Nah, the Rams are in the drivers seat as long as Indy picks Luck. Plus, I love having the #1 pick in rd 2. That's a valuable pick since it's the 1st pick on day 2.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 is probably my second favorite QB prospect in the past five or so years behind Andrew Luck. I think he has it all and is going to be a major stud at the next level. In fact I'd say the more I see of him the more I think he and Luck should be 1 and 1a. If I were Minnesota/St. Louis you'd have to at least consider drafting him even though you both have your high #1 pick QBs there. But if I were a team in need of a QB I'd sell sell sell to get one of those picks.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mr Griffen seems like a nice guy, but I just can't get over him not passing the eye test. My gut says he's going to fail at the next level.

He has a lot of the tools, but something is missing. I can't tell what it is. I wish both him and Luck could be ultra successful, though.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Mr Griffen seems like a nice guy, but I just can't get over him not passing the eye test. My gut says he's going to fail at the next level.

He has a lot of the tools, but something is missing. I can't tell what it is. I wish both him and Luck could be ultra successful, though.
size. he's only 6-2 and he looks really skinny.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Phins827
Rookie

Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
size. he's only 6-2 and he looks really skinny.
Only 6'2", but Brees is 6'0" and Rodgers is 6'2". Theyre not too shabby.
Phins827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Bald_81
Rookie

Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Nah, the Rams are in the drivers seat as long as Indy picks Luck. Plus, I love having the #1 pick in rd 2. That's a valuable pick since it's the 1st pick on day 2.
I agree it's a nice position to be in, but the thirty-third pick still hasn't been traded in the two years that it has gone to this new format. I hope we end that trend, but I think it gets hyped up to be more than it is.
Bald_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

It's not so much the size, but I'm with you. Something is just off.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
I agree it's a nice position to be in, but the thirty-third pick still hasn't been traded in the two years that it has gone to this new format. I hope we end that trend, but I think it gets hyped up to be more than it is.

When the Rams had it, they had several offers on the table but couldn't pass up on Saffold. Can't say I blame them.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
It's not so much the size, but I'm with you. Something is just off.
To start with, it's that he's an unpolished, athlete first QB in a stat inflating offense, throwing to a WR corps of speedsters in a conference of weak defenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phins827 View Post
Only 6'2", but Brees is 6'0" and Rodgers is 6'2". Theyre not too shabby.
Those guys aren't that skinny though. Griffin looks pretty lean out there and might not have the bulk to handle the beating NFL QBs get.

When guys play in that college spread offense they don't usually look like NFL QBs either, especially dual threat guys like Griffin who run around a lot. He definietly has the arm and the smarts and the accuracy though to be a fantastic NFL QB. Develop his great tools and add some weight and he should be fine.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
To start with, it's that he's an unpolished, athlete first QB in a stat inflating offense, throwing to a WR corps of speedsters in a conference of weak defenses.

Just admit you haven't really seen RGIII play extensively instead of extrapolating why he runs when he does.

Outside of designed runs, Griffin scrambled because the pocket imploded and he was waiting for WRs to get open deep.
He's not a scatback in the pocket who bugs out from pressure.

He's a three-year starter and as polished as Sam Bradford was coming out of a similar spread scheme throwing the football.

When Griffin is allowed to dropback and stand tall in the pocket, he is a cyborg; almost machine like in his efficiency and accuracy throwing the ball to all levels of the football field.

I know this is the time before the draft when we incessantly look for reasons why the top guys really aren't all that, but there's no reason to embellish the case against Griffin.

Kendall Wright would have been a star for any team in the Big 12. But Terrance Williams and Tevin Reece are lowly regarded recruits who benefited by having Wright draw safety help and having a QB like RGIII under center.

It's ridiculous to argue that on a football team like BAYLOR, Griffin was the byproduct of an offensive system, and not THE system himself.

That bowl game was a microcosm in many ways of Baylor's season. Their defense is garbage, the Oline can't consistently pass block and Baylor's only chance to win is for RGIII primarily, Kendall Wright and Ganaway to a lesser extent to play out of their minds.

Ganaway is an underrated pro prospect, but it was Griffin's passing threat that allowed Ganaway the luxury of running against 5 and 7 man fronts with the LBs nearly 10 yards off the LOS.

The first word I would use to describe RGIII is: WORKER.
His physical ability has always been second to his willingness to be a grind. You can see it in the classroom,(he's going to earn a Master's this spring and was going to apply and begin law school in the fall), you saw it in HS.
It was demonstrated in every season Griffin improved as a QB at Baylor.

If I were a GM, my head would be spinning with the opportunity to draft Griffin. He's a smart, disciplined kid who's also a hard worker. Whatever it takes to make that leap from college phenom to pro bowl QB, you'd have to bet RGIII is going to figure it out.

Add to that his physical tools, arm strength, release, mobility and uncanny accuracy, and you're talking about a prospect who had a great chance to be taken 2nd after Luck even if Barkley had declared.

Grif is a prospect whom I feel will see his stock rise as we approach the combine, not take a dip.
Once he goes through the gauntlet of team interviews at the combine, I think teams are going to be trading up to #2 to land his services.

Did Griffin make it look easy at Baylor?? Yes.
But sometimes it's because a player is a flat out beast, and not because he has inherent weaknesses that are being camouflaged by an ideal scheme/weak competition.