Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-14-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Brandon Jenkins, DE / OLB, Florida St.

Assuming that this guy gets picked up as a 3-4 OLB.

Some are high on him some are low, just looking to get a little extra info on this guy.

I had him in one of my earlier mocks as a 3-4 OLB and someone (I believe RoP) told me he hadn't looked good standing up. Couldn't find any video of him standing up but I did find this.

Seems to do a fairly good job in sealing the edge in the run game. A couple of times Miller got outside of him. I like that he chaces down run plays to the opposite side and did a fairly good job coming up and making the tackle at around the 3:00 mark when he dropped back into coverage.

Would like to see him refine some of his pass rush moves rather than just relying on athleticism to run the horn around blockers, however does show the ability to get of blockers once they get their hands on him. good initial burst off the line

Seems to have the atheleticism of a 3-4 OLB.

Just hoping to get a read on this guy from some of the other NFLDC users, seems like a late first early 2nd type guy to me. Oh, and if anyone could find some video of him playing standing up, it would be much appreciated.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
TuckNole
Rookie

TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree with anyone who says he hasn't looked good.

He is playing very well and playing the way he is supposed to, taking on blocks, pressuring the outside shoulder, supporting the run game, and applying a lot of pressure by collapsing the pocket (not running around it) on passing downs. He took a couple games to adjust to his new weight (265), but lately he has been very good. In addition, he has shown a ton of versatility, playing multiple positions (Strongside DE, Weakside DE, 3-4 LB) and even dropping into coverage occasionally.

Last year he was just this really athletic guy with great speed and agility and poor technique. He played with poor leverage and over-ran the pocket and wasn't much help in the run game. Jimbo has raved about how well he is playing this year, and said he is a much better player despite the fact that his sack stats are down. There have been a couple times where he has absolutely blown up the left side of the line only for one of the DT's to actually get the sack.

I wouldn't have taken him in the first round last year. This year I would strongly consider it. If he comes back, he and Werner will be the best pair of DE's in the country and FSU's best DE combo since Bouleware and Wilson and
TuckNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like said, he has actually been playing very well this year but not the sack totals. He has been getting held a ton, usually with no call, as in the Miami game this year.

He's looked good standing up in the 3-4 and has moved laterally well against the run. He just hasn't gotten many sacks out of this formation, but thats more because FSU isn't very good in this formation anyways.

That said, I think he's more of a 2nd/3rd round guy as his measurables aren't elite and he's a bit of a tweener.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:52 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd really like to see his KEI score at the combine before I judge anymore. It isn't everything, but it does mean a lot too.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting, I had been told he looked horrible standing up. It's good to here that he has done well.

I wouldn't knock him that much for his size. Listed 6'3" 265 lbs, He is about the same size as guys like Ware and Suggs (not comparing him to these guys skill wise just size wise)

This is good news, I think this makes him keep his spot as a bottom of the first top of the second guy, especially with the lack of pass rushers this year.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Interesting, I had been told he looked horrible standing up. It's good to here that he has done well.

I wouldn't knock him that much for his size. Listed 6'3" 265 lbs, He is about the same size as guys like Ware and Suggs (not comparing him to these guys skill wise just size wise)

This is good news, I think this makes him keep his spot as a bottom of the first top of the second guy, especially with the lack of pass rushers this year.
Just wait to the weigh-ins. I remember Everette Brown being listed at 6'-4" 265 and I laughed at that. I think he comes in under 6'2 and under 255 which will hurt him
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
Just wait to the weigh-ins. I remember Everette Brown being listed at 6'-4" 265 and I laughed at that. I think he comes in under 6'2 and under 255 which will hurt him
That might have been true under Bobby Bowden, but the whole roster got an update when Jimbo took over to more accurate heights/weights. Everyone last year measured basically right at their listed weight.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
He's listed as a little over 270 on the team sight at 6'4" ish IIRC which is why I took the ones listed predominantly elsewhere more seriously.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
TuckNole
Rookie

TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think he got up to 270 in the offseason but said he wanted to lose 5 lbs to start the season at 265.

He is not 6'4 though. Closer to 6'3. He's a legit 265 though. You can just look at him and find 20 lbs from last years frame. Way thicker.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckNole View Post
Think he got up to 270 in the offseason but said he wanted to lose 5 lbs to start the season at 265.

He is not 6'4 though. Closer to 6'3. He's a legit 265 though. You can just look at him and find 20 lbs from last years frame. Way thicker.
Yea this is about what I figured he would be at, and I think that this was a good move on his part. He's looked better fighting off blockers and I think that when teams get his measurables at the combine it will relieve some doubts about him.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Who does he compare to in the NFL?
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From some Twitter conversations it's pretty much a sure thing he's going pro.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
TuckNole
Rookie

One outlet is reporting today that Jenkins will return to FSU next year.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckNole View Post
One outlet is reporting today that Jenkins will return to FSU next year.
Not the worst idea ever, I think he has gotten a little lost in the shuffle this year. Not a strong pass rushing class this year but he isn't getting any buzz.

I think he could gain a lot by going back

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-05-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

http://twitter.com/#!/TomahawkNation...91887575564288

Here is a link

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-05-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2012/1...tate-nfl-draft

Not sure how valid it is but there you go.

Before the season I remember reading a thread about all these great pass rushing prospects coming out and it seems over night that Vinny Curry, Brandon Jenkins, Bruce Irvin, Devin Taylor, and Sammy Houston just disappeared from people's minds. The only one that I really saw raise his stock and getting pimped out is Nick Perry.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote