Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-02-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
3. Trade Manning in March 2012 and keep Luck
Colts spend $28m in roster bonus just to let Manning walk away to another team.
Dead Cap space: $38.8m
Little or no money to sign free agents.
Draft picks in 2012/13 draft to rebuild team around Luck.

4. Trade Manning in March 2013 and keep Luck
Colts pay $35m+ in cash for one season of Manning.
Dead cap space: $28m
Draft picks in 2013/14 to rebuild team around Luck.
The Colts would be forced to restructure Manning's deal.

Manning will get to give them a list of teams he wants to play for and the Colts could auction his services off.

That's the only way a trade makes sense, and that's the only way to prevent massive dead cap space.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't see why the Colts wouldn't keep Manning and draft Luck. Then they are settled at quarterback for the next decade at least with extremely high draft picks throughout the rest of 2012.

Rams are in a great spot to move down, I don't see the Vikings or the Browns passing up on RG3 so if a team wants him they'll need to deal with the Rams.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Don't see why the Colts wouldn't keep Manning and draft Luck. Then they are settled at quarterback for the next decade at least with extremely high draft picks throughout the rest of 2012.
If I were the Colts owner, I'd keep both guys and tell Archie Manning to ****. But that doesn't seem to be how the NFL does things.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Colts don't pick up the option on Peyton. Thank him for the memories and move on. SF traded Joe Montana when he was still pretty good. If they pick up Peyton's option, can they keep Wayne and Mathis? I don't know their cap numbers. Peyton would be returning to an aging team and losing his favorite target. It really is in the best interest of both parties to move on.

I'm guessing Peyton takes his talents to South Beach. Unless Dan Snyders gets him on his private jet and won't let him off without a contract. Miami's a playoff team with Manning. Has weapons in Marshall and Bush. Good LT in Jake Long. A top 10 pick to add another weapon or RT.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports that the Polians may be out in Indianapolis. That could really change everything here. No real loyalty from the new GM to Peyton perhaps?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Reports that the Polians may be out in Indianapolis. That could really change everything here. No real loyalty from the new GM to Peyton perhaps?
even still, do you then just throw Andrew Luck out to the wolves with that team and risk David Carr syndrome? How long is Peyton's option? Is it a one year thing? If so, pick it up, go with Peyton for a year, Luck sits and learns and you go from there
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
even still, do you then just throw Andrew Luck out to the wolves with that team and risk David Carr syndrome?
The offensive line isn't completely awful, especially at the tackle positions. This isn't the old Houston O-line and the team has decent enough weapons. It's not as bad as it looks, just needs some running game which could happen depending on the new coaching staff.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This would be the greatest off season addition that they could make...

I am a huge Luck fan but I really just want someone to explain to me how (even if he is the next Manning) he will lead this team to a superbowl with the current personnel?

This team needs to rebuild and it may be hard to pass on a guy like Luck but making the same mistake over again and expecting different results is insanity.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 01-02-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Spectre
Rookie

Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The loyalty comes from Irsay and if he wants Peyton around, he's not going to hire someone who doesn't. If anything, I think Polian and Peyton have a shaky relationship right now based on all the leaks Peyton didn't want out there. Should be really interesting depending on how things go down.
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Spectre
Rookie

Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The Colts would be forced to restructure Manning's deal.

Manning will get to give them a list of teams he wants to play for and the Colts could auction his services off.

That's the only way a trade makes sense, and that's the only way to prevent massive dead cap space.
If that's truly the avenue the Colts pursue, why exactly would Peyton be showing that kind of loyalty to a team about to cut him down? If anything, I think the restructure will be only if he chooses to stick around. Otherwise, why narrow your list of possibilities and deprive your future team of assets when you can just tell the Colts to shove it and cut you outright, enabling you to go anywhere?
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
If that's truly the avenue the Colts pursue, why exactly would Peyton be showing that kind of loyalty to a team about to cut him down? If anything, I think the restructure will be only if he chooses to stick around. Otherwise, why narrow your list of possibilities and deprive your future team of assets when you can just tell the Colts to shove it and cut you outright, enabling you to go anywhere?
Because the Colts could just eat your contract and hold onto you for 2 years while prepping for Andrew Luck.

It's in the best interest for everyone to cooperate.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Because the Colts could just eat your contract and hold onto you for 2 years while prepping for Andrew Luck.

It's in the best interest for everyone to cooperate.
I honestly think that's the best scenario, not to mention the most logical.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

News of the Polians being fired made my day; does that mean Bill is finally kicked off of the competition committee? Rule changes have been killing the NFL for years.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure why Pats fans are so happy about Polian going down. They realize the best RB they've had in their current run is Antowain Smith, right?
Old 01-02-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
I'm not sure why Pats fans are so happy about Polian going down. They realize the best RB they've had in their current run is Antowain Smith, right?
The Pats? Corey Dillon? The best RB in the NFL in 2004?
Old 01-02-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
This would be the greatest off season addition that they could make...

I am a huge Luck fan but I really just want someone to explain to me how (even if he is the next Manning) he will lead this team to a superbowl with the current personnel?
Errr, no one does. It is why you have more than one pick, more than one year, and more than just the draft to build a team. With a solid GM, they may build the team the right way instead of neglecting needs in midrounds.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what, fair enough. I remembered Dillon was on the Pats but wrote him off because I remember the one big year being very mercernary-ish and then thinking he was done after that. But he still put up double digits TDs the next couple years and 04 was a lot better than I remember
Old 01-02-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Errr, no one does. It is why you have more than one pick, more than one year, and more than just the draft to build a team. With a solid GM, they may build the team the right way instead of neglecting needs in midrounds.
I just see a team that really needs to rebuild and should take advantage of this situation to add a ton of premium picks to hasten that rebuilding process.

I wouldn't call drafting Luck the wrong answer, I just a chance to rebuild faster than a 5 year plan

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I just see a team that really needs to rebuild and should take advantage of this situation to add a ton of premium picks to hasten that rebuilding process.

I wouldn't call drafting Luck the wrong answer, I just a chance to rebuild faster than a 5 year plan
But it won't get done in 2, which could be Peyton's limit.

Quote:
The loyalty comes from Irsay and if he wants Peyton around, he's not going to hire someone who doesn't.
So, the loyalty comes from the guy who has already said they are drafting Andrew Luck?

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-02-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
dhp318
Rookie

dhp318 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
So, the loyalty comes from the guy who has already said they are drafting Andrew Luck?
What's your point? It's the same guy who said that if Peyton ever plays again, it will be in a Colts uniform.
dhp318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp318 View Post
What's your point? It's the same guy who said that if Peyton ever plays again, it will be in a Colts uniform.
My point is there is no loyalty from owner to play, it's a business.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
TBBucs621
Rookie

TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.

The more I think about it if I am the Colts I would trade Manning to the Bucs since they have a billion dollars under the cap and then sign a few more pieces we need. Hire Tony Dungy and go from there. Allow Josh Freeman to be a backup and re-learn the QB position and learn from the best QB and HC.
TBBucs621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
News of the Polians being fired made my day; does that mean Bill is finally kicked off of the competition committee? Rule changes have been killing the NFL for years.
yes! great point. The new rules in the NFL from the past ten years have totally made the sport way worse. Unfortunately I don't think Polian leaving would change much. Goodell is the commish and he is hellbent on making the NFL a league for pansies.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

[quote=Shane P. Hallam;2808605]But it won't get done in 2, which could be Peyton's limit./QUOTE]

You can still use one of those picks to get a QB of the future not named Luck as well as gain a number of picks with which to get a jump start on your rebuilding process.

I'm not trying to argue that taking Luck would be a bad move, simply that another move MIGHT be a better one.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
even still, do you then just throw Andrew Luck out to the wolves with that team and risk David Carr syndrome? How long is Peyton's option? Is it a one year thing? If so, pick it up, go with Peyton for a year, Luck sits and learns and you go from there
Sound logic.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote